[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Owl City/Adam Young?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
Hey, I'm wondering what you think about this dude and his music. I'm asking because my friends think he sucks and isn't good, but I enjoy it myself. Thoughts?
>>
hi adam
>>
Shite
>>
>>60910673
First 3 Owl City albums were great. He fell off after that.

His best work was with his Port Blue project imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pyCC4PdC8
>>
>>60910673
First time I heard an owl city song on the radio, I thought "wow the postal service is back and they fucking suck ass now".

Its horrible. Listen to the postal service instead.
>>
>>60910821
Could you go deeper than just "shite"?
>>
>>60910808
Hello.
>>
>>60910889
Its me.
>>
>>
>>60910889
haha niec try but you arenot Adam ...
>>
>>60910923
I know, but I am Trans Adam, so check your privileges!
>>
>>60910903
He had the balls to be honest with the girl he liked. That already puts him above 99% of 4chan posters, tbqhf@m.
>>
>>60910903
I'm surprised that he didn't killed himself after that
>>
>>60910673
Poor man's Animal Collective
>>
>>60910673
>>60910958
adam please leave
>>
>>60910673
His drum tracks inspired me to get into production 5 years ago. I still produce. Adam if you're reading this, you're dope.
>>
He's really fucking boring
>>
>>60910838
pretty much this. rarely found anything that stuck with me after Ocean Eyes and all his non-Owl City type stuff was p good
>>
>>60910673
the postal service is way better
>>
>>60910903
What a fucking faggot
>>
Kind of sad that he tries so desperately to look like a teenager, even though he's in his 30s.
>>
>>60910673

>tfw great synths ruined with faggot voice and vocals
>>
>>60914057
He's 29 and most of the picture in this thread are at least a few years old.
>>
File: 1404000614612.jpg (111 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
1404000614612.jpg
111 KB, 497x640
>>60910863
>First time I heard an owl city song on the radio, I thought "wow the postal service is back and they fucking suck ass now".
>>
>>60910673
Of June, Maybe I'm Dreaming, and his Sky Sailing and Port Blue albums are fantastic. Ocean Eyes was where he really fell off, although there's a couple of decent tracks on the album. Everything after that is pure shite.

If Fireflies never became a hit, his earlier albums would probably be /mu/core.
>>
>>60910863
>le Postal Service Owl City equivalence meme
Probably the dumbest /mu/ meme of all time. Anybody who says this hasn't listened to more than one track from either artist.
>>
His autistic obsession with Taylor Swift is the funniest beta story I've ever read about.
>>
>>60915068

He admitted to copying them...
>>
>>60915091
Is there more to it than just
>he wrote a song
>she never replied back
Because that's what happens here all the time in the soundcloud threads
>>
>>60915111
He actually didn't tho.

>

Mr. Young said the Postal Service was never a model yet he considered the comparisons an honor.

But he also wasn’t too shy to note that he has profited from the other band’s recent absence. “They released a record in 2003, and that was it,” he said. “There was really nothing to compare it to until some one else came along and wrote the next chapter. Maybe that’s this record. Maybe that’s this band.”
>>
>>60915165

Try reading what you pasted newfag, he clearly went out of his way to imitate them...his voice is exactly like bens

I guess you think john mayers voice is original and has nothing to do with Srv either?
>>
>>60915212
He said nothing of the kind you stupid piece of shit. And if you'd listened to anything by The Postal Service besides Such Great Heights or anything by Owl City besides Fireflies you'd see that the production and even vocal techniques aren't too terribly similar.

By the way, when you graduate high school you'll probably come to realize that Ben Gibbard wasn't first indie fag to do airy male vocals either.
>>
>>60915068
I hadn't heard of /mu/ when I first heard Fireflies and I still thought it was store brand Jimmy-Ben action.
>>
>>60915247
Ben's vocals aren't airy. They're conversational and nasally. He just happens to have a very pleasant voice. As far as I know he was try to do Doug Martsch but failed due to his delicate tone. Adam just tried his damnedest to be Ben by forcing air.
>>
>>60910958
thats not it. hes hoping to siphon off some of her fans since his music is clearly designed for little girls he gives me a pedo vibe
>>
>>60910673
The whole Taylor Swift thing was fucking hilarious.

His music is shit.
>>
>>60910958
Triggered :(
>>
>>60910673
you are an absolute shit for your poor taste in music and probably do not belong on this board. pretty sad considering this board is shit overall.
>>
>>60910673
When Fireflies blew up I never gave me a chance and just thought he terrible.
But eventually I listened to his other stuff and the man makes good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sQuDu42y7g

His music I still go back to, which I consider truly good music. Shit I go back later in life even after its become worn out and listened to too much.
>>
>>60910903
Its a damn shame they never got together. Would of been a perfect couple
>>
>>60917161
That song doesn't help your point
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.