[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much importance do you stock in the type of music that your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 5qX3Noi.jpg (116 KB, 742x744) Image search: [Google]
5qX3Noi.jpg
116 KB, 742x744
How much importance do you stock in the type of music that your girlfriend listens to? Would you consider anything to be a dealbreaker even if she was otherwise ideal in every other way? Even if she refused/wasn't able to develop better taste?
>>
I don't really care what music she listens to. What's most important is that she be open minded and not really opposed outright to listening to any music.
>>
I don't care if it's "patrician" or even my specific taste, as long as long as her taste in general is good in some way.
>>
How cute is she? Cute makes up for a lot of sins.
>>
>>60910601
This OP. My gf primarily listens to EDM (particularly big room, ugh), but she's open to whatever I try and introduce her to. If she's close minded or a bitch about it then that's your cue to abandon ship.
>>
all i care about is that she will be accepting when i shove my weird ass shit down her throat
>>
She listens to a lot of Primus, Tool, King Crimson, Steven Wilson and Led Zeppelin.

I'm okay with this.
>>
My boyfriend's favorite band is Tears For Fears and he's got a boner for Synthpoppy/New Wave/80's sounding shit. I can't stand it but at least he likes Animal Collective
>>
>>60910558
exes listened to trash music, with the occasional artist we had in common. was a real bummer, but it was generally a good relationship. we'd argue about music though. not a dealbreaker, but if gf has good taste, then it's great.

but few girls'll match your taste outright, no matter what you listen to, so make do with whatcha got.
>>
music is a big part of my life but it's not a deal breaker
sense of humor and intelligence are essential 2bh
>>
>>60910670
like your penis
>>
My girlfriend will listen to one or two artists for like 6 months straight, find a new one and then move onto that. In saying that, she'll listen to the full discography. So far it's been Talking Heads, Johnny Cash and now it's Black Sabbath.
>>
If she isn't up on Duster, Swirlies or Unwound, in the bin she goes
>>
>>60910928
i like duster ;)
>>
>tfw no shoegaze gf
>>
>>60910558
if she was ideal in every other way... no. but ive never met any girl that comes even close to my unnatainable ideal of a woman. if you have dull tast in art it probably means you arent a very free thinker. since ever since i was 8 or 9 music has been my only hobby. i spent all of my free time in grade school listening to or making music. now i study music and sound art and am gaining recognition for my work. music does not have to be her passion but i honestly feel a woman who can not relate to complex experimental sound experiences can not relate to me as that what my entire life has been about
>>
I don't understand
>>
>>60910944
ASL?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (37 KB, 465x336) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
37 KB, 465x336
>>60910951
why live?
>>
>>60911072
>ASL
go back to omegle

18 f not usa
>>
None. I really don't care for what other people are into. If they like what I like, amazing, if not, chill, I don't care. I realized that a lot of the music I'm very into is stuff girls would find nice, for example Flying Lotus and BBNG, not like imma push my tastes on her, I just like showing people music I listen to, but whatever are a girl's favorites, even if she is "plebby", I wouldn't care. I mean, I even know shit about Grimes and the Weeknd so I'm not completely lost on the world of music girls like.
>>
i dont want patrician tastes, honestly i couldnt care less if potential gf listens to radio fodder. as long as she would like to listen to new stuff and talk about it, im fine.
>>
>>60911072
Ha, quick wit, i like it

26/M/Not USA

You have made it through to the second round of the selection process m'lady
>>
>>60910558
gf listens to almost the same thing as me and more. shes really autistic when it comes to music but its cute and shes a qt
>>
>>60910558

rap/ hiphop - dealbreaker
>>
As long as she's qt and has a good personality idc if she listens to Nickelback and Modest Mouse
>>
>>60910558
Is Emma Watson a modern-day Audrey Hepburn?
>>
>>60912084

what if she had nickelback posters on her wall. how hard would you cringe.
>>
she's the one who has to cope with the garbage i compulsively collect i don't give a shit what she's on
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.