[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Young Thug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9
With all the praise this guy gets I am interested in what /mu/ thinks of him
>>
Legend
>>
the Frank Zappa of our generation
>>
I've only heard clips of this guy. I didn't think it was anything special but he gets praised everywhere.

Where do I begin with Young Thug? Is there a Thugger flowchart?
>>
excited for his next album. but also worried he'll turn bland and formulaic. i liked his wierder stuff like blanguage and danny glover.
>>
>>60906465
the goat of goats
>>
have not liked his post cash money stuff
feel like birdman is wasting his talents atm

But besides that I just love young thug because he pisses off hopsin and "real" rap fans
>>
>>60906519
blanguage is fucking brilliant, shame metro thuggin never happened
>>
>>60906518
Google Young Thug guide and click the first link
>>
>>60906518
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTGQrA5HHIU
>>
>>60906465
Best rapper alive
>>
>>60906574
>>60907473
Thanks family
>>
File: Young Thugrat.jpg (35 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
Young Thugrat.jpg
35 KB, 575x575
>>60906518
His early stuff doesn't really match what he sounds like now.

If you want the modern Thugger experience I'd go:

1017 Thug, Rich Gang: tha tour part 1, Barter 6, Slime Season 1, Slime Season 2

In that order.

Also look up Travis Scott, Jamie xx, and Rae Sremmurd and listen to songs featuring him since those are recent and match his style.

>captcha 420
>>
He's definitely unique compared to most swag rap and trap rap.
Also, very underrated when it comes to lyricism.
>>
>>60906510
>>60907762
these
>>
how does he make so many albums in one year holy shit
>>
so /mu/

Lil Wayne or Young Thug?
>>
>>60910338
Prime Wayne > Thug >>>>>>>>> Current Wayne
>>
>>60910338
current thugger > prime weezy > early thugger (i came from nothing series) > the dump i took this morning > current weezy
>>
thinking about the kind of album he could make if he edited it down to just 9 or 10 excellent songs makes my asshole quiver. Barter 6 is his best work by far but it was still held down with some uninspired tracks
>>
just trash, musical abyss.
>>
>>60910440
i bet you listen to indie garbage like tame impala and beach house lol
>>
File: 1380681564284.jpg (7 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1380681564284.jpg
7 KB, 250x200
>>60906465
I'm currently forcing myself to listen to Barter 6 all the way through fro a second time.

There IS something unique there. I'm now convinced its not just a meme.

But at the same time, it just sounds like some marble mouthed cough syrup addict talking to himself.
>>
post some thuggers babe
>>
>>60910533
It is just some marble mouthed cough syrup addict talking to himself. And we should be grateful that he does it near a microphone
>>
>>60910468
barely, but it's not even about genres, it's about the absolute trash that 100% of this guy's tracks actually are. there's nothing remotely interesting musically, it's all the same fruity loops drum kit and voice effects for 3 minutes, i don't understand it. if every single thing he puts out relies on his energy which is lacking most of time, i don't get why people like to act like it's worth listening to.
his music has been a waste of time for me.
>>
>>60910283
the slime season series is just made up of leaks and tracks that arent good enough for the album
>>
>>60910734
the beats can definitely be lacking the main attractions are his unique vocal style and lyrics
>>
1.) Barter 6
2.) Slime Season
3.) Tha Tour pt. 1
4.) 1017 Thug 1
5.) Slime Season 2

debate me
>>
one thing i really don't care for is his voice. it sounds like he has a mouth full of cotton balls. i honestly can't get past that.
>>
>>60910831
looks about right and you're usually a piece of shit retard so congrats, faggot
>>
>>60910831
swap SS and Tha Tour and it's perfect

>>60910836
his voice is the main appeal what are you on about
>>
he sounds like a fucking retard. all the praise he gets is trolling as far as i'm concerned.
>>
>>60910868
i don't know i just don't like it. sounds like a weird speech impediment to me.
>>
top tier: 1017 thug, icfn 2,
high tier: rich gang, barter 6, slime season, black portland
great tier: purple album, slime season 2, icfn3
good tier: icfn, thugga mane laflare
low tier: 1017 thug 2&3
>>
>>60910880
Is Elton John trolling too?
>>
>>60906518
Just go back in time from now.
That means
Slime Season 2
Slime Season
Barter 6

If you are not amazed by the man after listening to all three of those then don't feel bad. You simply lack the cultural enrichment required to enjoy rapping!
>>
Potentially one of the most ingenious and creative MCs of the new millennium
I just wish he'd get over some interesting production rather than trying to ride the trap wave
Slime Season is his best project imo
>>
File: Untitled.png (71 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
71 KB, 1024x768
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>60906518
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz6OUIjtM6E
>>
>>60910358
Agreed
>>
>>60906555
the fuck is wrong with you

>>60910283
he's in the studio all day every day. people think trap music is named for drughouses, but a trap is just a place where people hang out all day while trying to make money. making money includes selling drugs, making music, being a pimp, robbing people, whatever. trap music started and continues to be an art form with high output because the people who make it don't wake up, have some coffee and go to work. they wake up and do the same shit they were doing when they went to sleep. work and leisure are indistinguishable categories for trappers.

I can't speak for thugger, but he probably records so much because he likes recording and because it's fun for him. he doesn't seem like the kind of person that treats what he does like a job that must be suffered through. that's what makes his music so great. the [trigger warning] nigger, god bless him, just loves rapping.
>>
>>60911959
It's ok to ride a nigga dick, but don't agitate another one lil nigga
>>
>>60911959
self explanatory my bro (jk idk what the fuck he was talking about but okay whatever)
>>
>>60906465
He's just a stupid nigger people like because it's funny to ironically like terrible music
>>
>>60910425
every track on barter 6 is a banger.

>>60910734
you shouldn't feel bad about not liking hip-hop. if you're a fan of hip-hop thugger's talent is undeniable. being a fan of hip-hop is the result of cultural enrichment, so I don't know why people feel bad about not liking it.

that being said, to say that "100% of [thugger's] tracks" are "absolute trash" is to ignore the universal praise and admiration he receives. thugger is undeniably one of the best rappers alive today.
>>
>>60911941
he's not riding the trap wave. he's from atlanta. he's a protege of gucci mane, the king of trap.

that's like telling a hungarian, "WHY ALL THE ACCORDIONS, HUH? WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE TRADITIONAL HUNGARIAN INSTRUMENTS?"
>>
>>60911959
riding a person's dick means to copy their style.
do you even code switching?

"this movie is shit" - a black person
"HOW CAN IT BE SHIT IF IT'S A MOVIE? NIGS ARE SO DUMB RACE WAR WHEN?" - anon
you're the dumb one for not understand figurative language
>>
>>60911959
Nice crop
>>
>>60912109
Doesn't change the fact that he's more than creative enough to poke his head out of his comfort zone and try to find himself some more interesting production
>>
>>60906465
Do you all pretend to like this to avoid being called "muh wrong generations" and "edgy" or you do people unironically like this?

Fucking retards, you're killing music
>>
>>60911997
>[trigger warning] nigger
fampai plz
>>
>>60911959
It's okay to give somebody praise but don't diss somebody else in the process
>>
>>60912165
thugger doesn't rap over trap beats because he's some dumb nigger who doesn't into experimental music or hasn't experienced the enlightenment of receiving a daily oral dose of what is more or less musical semen from pitchfork and noisey.

he raps over trap beats because they're the best beats to rap over right now. you're the one needs to find themself some more interesting production.
>>
>>60912209
arigato kohai
>>
>>60912199
You need to realize that the cultural sphere you inhabit and the cultural sphere thugger inhabits can only interact through antagonism for various reasons.

There's no need to deride something because you don't understand it.
>>
File: next-post-is.jpg (43 KB, 470x455) Image search: [Google]
next-post-is.jpg
43 KB, 470x455
Do you think Lavren would let Thugger "eat that booty just like groceries"?
>>
>>60912336
BTFO
>>
>>60912242
This post is full of so many inaccurate assumptions that I don't even know where to start replying
>>
>>60912353
only the banned can know peace
>>
HUNNID BANDS HUNNID BANDS
>>
garbage
>>
>>60912024
this t b h
>>
>>60906518
Here's my essential Thugger playlist. Any of those tracks would be a good place to start.
>>
>>60906518
>>60912792
2 of 2
>>
If you can't see the genius behind thugger then you don't know shit about how good music is created.

His sense of melody and flow is unlike any other rapper to date. He becomes one with the beat, using his voice as an instrument and not just a method to deliver his words. His understanding of musical composition is something you can't learn.

Every track he jumps on becomes his. He is a hook god. Best ad libs in the game, producers even use these as their own watermarks.

He has received praise from Kanye, Drake, Weezy and Lupe Fiasco just to name a few. Some of the best hip hop artists recognize Young Thug as a truly talented rapper and musician.

He is your favourite rapper's favourite rapper.

Check em
>>
Used to hate him but I can see why some love him. He has a cool unique style/flow and his melodies are nice. Liked his verse on Good Times. Not a huge fan but I can see the appeal. His voice can be a bit off putting though.
>>
>>60912788
cuz
>>
>>60906561
It still has the potential to be real. The beef was fake.
>>
HERCU HERCULES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TOB2McGSVw
>>
He is releasing a mixtape with migos , metro booming , slime season 3 , a mixtape with post malone and fetty wap. I feel like he is over saturating the market with his sound , people will get bored of it eventually.
>>
Best of Young Thug 2014-2015 (includes some of Metro Thuggin which came out in 2013) in 320 kbps

https://mega.nz/#!lxljTDqY!dDdQzUqdS92Wy1nBjzKxFh3ApxCpYDO7VOcf7I1IIUE
>>
>>60913402
dude has hundreds of unreleased songs what is he supposed to do with them
>>
>>60913537
R E K T
E
K
T
>>
>>60913402
he's not releasing it all at one

plus metro boomin is not happening, and probably neither is slime season 3 or the post malone and fetty wap things

he's just trying to the make news by announcing these mixtapes

he's actually focused on HiTunes which he's taking seriously and comes out around february 2016
>>
>>60913537
if dubs you are retarded
>>
>>60913599
oooooooooh shit
>>
>>60913599
based thugger has spoken
>>
File: 1396275180639.jpg (177 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1396275180639.jpg
177 KB, 530x600
>>60913537
BTFO>>60913599>>60913777
>>
There are people here who genuinely think Young Thug has lyrical talent, I get if you enjoy his vocals but his lyrics are absolute trash
>>
>>60913828
u probably just have a warped concept of what makes lyrics good
>>
>>60913828
>i was that pussy cuz it's tight as a kid

No one else would say that but thugger
>>
>>60914080
why are u responding with thugs single worst lyric
>>
>>60914175
>IMA RIDE IN THAT PUSSY LIKE A STROLLER
yeah this is thug's best desu. so unique
>>
>>60913537
Go to bed Hopsin.
>>
File: youngthug.jpg (41 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
youngthug.jpg
41 KB, 412x500
>>
>>60914304
this line sucks because similes are bad or something i dont know
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.