[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is better, Doom Metal, Death Metal or Black Metal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: D-Pup.jpg (76 KB, 443x591) Image search: [Google]
D-Pup.jpg
76 KB, 443x591
Which is better, Doom Metal, Death Metal or Black Metal?
>>
Black=Doom >>>>>> Death
>>
>>60904685
/thread
>>
>>60904685
this except Blackened Death > Doom
>>
doom metal > 80s extreme metal that's not quite black not quite death but obviously influenced by Slayer > black = death
>>
Avant-garde Metal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other genre of metal
>>
Very difficult decision. But I'd say Progressive Death > DSBM > Technical/Slam Death > Funeral Doom > Black > Old School Doom > Death > Doom ...
>>
>>60904620
Any genre > metal

there you go an easy solution my friend ;)
>>
doom > death > black
>>
>>60905510
Even bluegrass?
>>
>>60904685
All metal is shit
>>
>>60904620
Black > Doom >>> Death
>>
File: roadstothenorth.jpg (487 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
roadstothenorth.jpg
487 KB, 1000x1000
>>60905577
>implying mutual exclusivity
>>
Atmospheric death metal > atmospheric black metal > doom metal
>>
>>60905510
>there you go an easy solution my friend ;)
what you said is the equivalent of sayng
>every food ever > piss and shit
ok but what is better piss or notshit?
>>
Atmoblack > funeral doom > DSBM > blackened doom > melodeath > techdeath/slam > blackened death > doom
>>
>>60905443
>lumping tech and slam

>>60905837
Most atmo-death is derivative bullshit but good atmo-death is great

Anyways:
Good black > good death > good doom > bad doom > bad death > bad black
>>
>>60904620
blackened technical core-tinged slamming brutal death metal is better than all imho
>>
>>60906026
>core-tinged
B-but senpai
>>
>>60904620
doom metal > death metal > black metal.

Everyone who says metal is shit doesn't know anything about music.
>>
>this subgenre of a subgenre is better than that subgenre of a subgenre
typical

New challenge: rank these albums
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
At The Gates - The Red Sky is Ours
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
>>
The only metal genres I have a real problem with are the genres that kind of work against the best aspects of the base genre.
Like Blackgaze, atmoblack and anything that dulls down a metal genre to a mockable level.

Like The Angelic Process is band that managed to keep everything that was great about doom metal while tinging it with shoegaze elements but Sunbather or Les Discrets just sounds like it's trying to repackage an Envy album with shoegaze elements and then claim to be bm or something.

>>60906149
Mayhem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Candlemass>>>At the Gates
There's a pretty big leap there anon.
>>
>>60904685
PFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>60906418
are you retarded? De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is a 5/10 at best, the only reason people paid attention to it is because it was the first edgy black metal album.
>>
>>60906571
>1st wave
>not edgy
Sure they didn't take themselves seriously like Euronymous did but come on
>>
>>60906571
I'll agree its amateurish but it really captures the essence of those early bm albums perfectly for me.
It's not a 5/10, it's not as a good as later albums in that scene like Blaze in the Northern Sky or as grandiose as later bm bands like Windir but it's like the first steps of what bm was on the way to become.

Because if you think about not a lot of landmark bm albums were released at that point and all you really had to draw from was stuff like Venom and Mercyful Fate (I guess) to figure out where it was going.
Candlemass is just okay desu and I was bored throughout The Red sky.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.