[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting older?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1989-Ryan-Adams-Taylor-Swift.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1989-Ryan-Adams-Taylor-Swift.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
Anyone else reach a point where new music loses interest?

I'm 23, which means I've been listening to music for a decade. Got really into Oasis when I was 13, still my favorite band. Listened to all their songs a million times, then their inspirations, then music inspired by them. Plus the odd American band like Modest Mouse

Now most bands I like don't release new music or if they do it seems redundant. Is this a normal part of growing up?

Pic related is last album I kind of liked, probably only one this year.
>>
>>60902103
No you just have shit taste
>>
>>60902103
>Oasis
>>
>listen to pleb shit
>get bored of pleb shit
>"All music is boring now!"
>>
that's what drugs are for
>>
>>60902323
>>60902418

Okay, so what makes good taste? I'll listen to different things - the occasional metal album, rap, r&b, downtempo. I even saw Neutral Milk Hotel on the reunion tour. I just really like britpop, that's all.

I thought this was a common phenomenon. Help me find good new music? If it's just me then what's missing?
>>
Don't worry man I feel you. I'm like 6 years younger than you if that 89 is in reference to you, listening to new music is just a chore for me. I'm not sure why.
>>
>>60902103

Get into new shit you pleb
>>
>>60902614
pop music is deigned to work on young people's brains. you need to learn to approach music differently.
>>
I'm twenty one (today's my half birthday) and I feel like I'm getting old. I said last year that I wanted to be more fully immersed in releases that came out this year, but I ended up only paying attention to a few releases, instead getting deeper into music from the past and developing a deeper appreciation for music I listened to when I was younger.
>>
File: richardashcroftashcroft-1.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
richardashcroftashcroft-1.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>60902610

But the drugs don't work
>>
>>60902686

How so?
>>
>>60902749
I can't really explain it, but you just have to push your brain in new directions until you find something that clicks. Listen to some classical, jazz, avant garde, and other genres that you may have not gotten into in the past
>>
Find some new music to listen to. Maybe explore some genres you wouldn't usually listen to, or keep looking for new britpop-esque bands. There's never a reason to stop looking for new music unless you've lost interest in listening to music entirely.
>>
>>60902834

Not a bad idea. There was a period when I was maybe 16 and I listened to a lot of old soul and funk. Now it's foreign bands to go along with language learning, like Chinese indie stuff. Bit hard to penetrate though.
>>
I've lost interest in anything I hear on the radio nowadays, I have however broadened my musical spectrum and opened my mind to more things this year musically than I ever have, you just have to side-step or look in the most unexpected places for new things to like.
>>
>>60902674
>listening to new music is just a chore for me. I'm not sure why.
I feel you, it used to be I'd sit through an album and zone out after a while, but then come back to the album and listen to it until it became one of my favourites (if I liked it of course) but now I listen to an album, paying 100% attention, and then just never listen to it again.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.