[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there no good cheap smallish speakers that aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 550x309
Why are there no good cheap smallish speakers that aren't retardedly tryhard looking?

Look how obnoxious this shit is
>>
>>60894904
>Good speakers
>Cheap

Pick one
>>
who the fuck are you trying to impress with how your speakers look?
>>
>>60894974
everybody buys shitty beats by dr dre and a MacBook pro for the aesthetics despite being technically shit but I'm crazy for not wanting my entertainment system to look like a pissed off transformers face?
>>
File: YAM-HS7_3.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
YAM-HS7_3.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>
Get a pair of Tannoys...
>>
>>60895134
tha's just plan ugly now
>>
>>60894904
>aren't retardedly tryhard looking

Are you retarded?
>>
i got these old ass realistics lmao
>>
>>60894904

make yourself nigga
>>
Mackie 6's bro
>>
>>60894904
KRK's are always like that.

Maybe it's because they're studio speakers, and not commercial ones that you should be listening to music on.
>>
>>60896689
what
>>
>>60895112
Mmm, I'm gonna end up getting these even if there are better ones for the same price, just because they match my space and mojo and shit.
>>
>>60896791
Listening to music on studio monitors is stupid and no one should do it. Every competent Sound Engineer will tell you this. Music isn't 'supposed' to be heard on a speaker with a flat frequency response, it's just a controlled reference. Low End Monitors have actually gotten worse, because companies realize that people that have no idea (audiofiles) buy them, and then can't test them and presume there good because they have pretty severe confirmation biases.
>>
>>60896960
nice b8, though
>>
>>60896960
mate i listen to house and techno on my yamaha hs8s all the time its fucking banging. what the problem if it sounds great? shouldnt music be heard as its intended?
>>
File: hifi.jpg (35 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
hifi.jpg
35 KB, 800x533
>>
>>60897348
Reference monitors aren't what's "intended" though.
>>
>>60896960
>Music isn't 'supposed' to be heard on a speaker with a flat frequency response
>>
>>60894904
>not wanting what are widely regarded the best performance for the best price because 'they look tryhard'

thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard. u listen to music on them, not fuck them. u should be solely concerned with how they sound. anything else other than price is pretty much irrelevant. grow up.
>>
>>60897348
>>60897408
This.

It's not bad, inherently, other the then the mass market appeal driving quality down. Just you can buy better speakers for listening purposes, and they will sound better then reference monitors.
>>
>>60896960
>Every competent Sound Engineer will tell you this
i dont think they would even if they did give a shit about what you were listening on
>>
>>60897686
Engineers compare mixes on multiple sources. Alot of people use iPhones, Beats or Laptop speakers, because they realize the average pleb is going to use those.

I mean, they probably wouldn't give a shit, but they would realise it's stupid to spend money on them.
>>
>>60897748
how is it stupid if you have the money and you like listening on monitors?
>>
>>60897748
this is beside the point. while this does happen it doesnt mean u can be a good engineer using only laptop speakers. every engineer i have ever come across will use the shit out of their monitors and only come off the monitors when in the final stages. no engineer i know of would ever say 'dont bother getting monitors'
>>
>>60894904
Caring about how your speakers look is pretty 'tryhard' desu senpai
>>
>>60897804
I mean that the monitor isn't the way it's supposed to listened to. You use references like laptops and iPhone speakers to make sure it sounds good on everything.

Normally it ends up sounding worse on the monitors after you've fixed the mix to work with crap speakers; effectively balancing it out. Buying Monitors would generally sound worse then buying decent speakers.
>>
>>60897876
>Normally it ends up sounding worse on the monitors
confirmed for not knowing shit about sound engineering and talking entirely out of your ass lol
>>
>>60897893
I feel bad when arguments degenerate into this. Because we both know I'm right.
>>
>>60897876
but the same would be true of good hi-fi speakers? when people reference on laptop/beats/iphone or whatever and aim to get it bumping on them, higher end hi-fi speakers with out such a flat frequency response (but vastly different to laptop speakers for instance) will have similar (but different) issues as the monitor mix would have. the logical end point to ur line of arguing is we should just listen to all music on laptop speakers.
>>
>>60897937
>Because we both know I'm right.
are you trolling right now or are you actually this sure of your self while saying really stupid things?
>>
>>60897937
Nah, >>60897943 just slew you pretty much
>>
>>60897943
That wasn't the point of what I was saying. People also use Hi-Fi speakers for reference as well. You mix to sound good on any speaker the average person uses. Cars, laptops, hifi, phones, headphones etc.

It's just effectively a balancing act between multiple sources, and the worst speakers generally affect the sound the most. Monitors are definitely better then phone speakers, but Hi-Fi speakers should generally be better then both, because ideally, you don't make the mix sound best on studio monitors. I guess people might now, because people actually use them to listen to music on.
>>
>KRK monitors
>good
Just get the Yamahas.
>>
File: desk.jpg (148 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
desk.jpg
148 KB, 1000x750
tfw have to choose between 3rd display for work or studio monitors for hobby.
>>
>>60895090
>MacBook pro
>shit

they're beautiful machines,
show me a windows laptop that looks that nice, that has hardware that good, with an equivalent or better screen than a macbook.
>>
>>60896952
>getting speakers because of how they look instead of because of how they should.
KYS my man
>>
>>60898841
dis doe senpai
>>
>>60898841
leave u fag who cares about aesthetics
>>
>>60897388
holy shit i had these
>>
>>60898911
did you not read the whole post, faggot?
>>
>>60898911
>fag who cares about aesthetics
walmart clothing shopper confirmed
>>
Audio engine. Get them used off ebay.
>>
>>60898297
Why not both?
>>
>>60899391
not enough room on the desk for both
>>
>>60897876
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>60898841
>screen
>hardware
>>
File: giphy.gif (496 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
496 KB, 500x270
>>60898911
Leave poor person.
>>
Jbl lsr305s
>>
>>60898297
>mixing on headphones

enjoy your shitty mixes mate
>>
File: aeA5.jpg (22 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
aeA5.jpg
22 KB, 770x433
I got those, don't know much about monitors, but I like them.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.