[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ consider the best Boards of Canada album? Campfire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 11672[1].jpg (363 KB, 800x808) Image search: [Google]
11672[1].jpg
363 KB, 800x808
What does /mu/ consider the best Boards of Canada album?

Campfire Headphase is my favorite.
>>
I assumed they were actually from Canada lol
>>
>>60892438
I like Geodaddi the best, with Music has the right to children as second fav.
>>
MHTRTC and Twoism are the best
>>60892514
you and almost everyone else
>>
>>60892438
Campfire.
>>
>>60892438
You're cool. I never get why MHTRTC was praised this much.
>>
>>60892438
MHTRTC is generally considered the canonical BoC album on /mu/, although I like both Geodaddi and Campfire Headphase more. I can see why though, in a lot of ways neither of those albums make a lot of sense without the context of MHTRTC, they both feel a lot like reactions to the success of MHTRTC I think, although in very different directions.
>>
>>60893136
its one of their most full and accessible albums.
>>
there is no best each one of them is straight fire boooiiii.
>>
>>60893229
campfire headphase is a LOT more accessible than MHTRTC
>>
>>60893374
To someone you pulled off the street maybe but they're never going to be really into BoC anyway. Most their fanbase filter in from the IDM arena and coming from that angle MHTRTC and Geogaddi are both more accessible in the sense that an acoustic guitar just isn't something it's easy to feed to someone looking for IDM.
>>
File: cover.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>60892438
In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country
>>
Geogaddi > MHTRTC > Campfire Headphase > IABPOITC > Tomorrow's Harvest > Twoism > Trans-Canada Highway

That's all I've heard from them.
>>
>>60893845
Why do you think Tomorrow's Harvest is better than Twoism? I mean you like what you like but I feel like Twoism is a lot more like Geogaddi or MHTRTC than Tomorrow's Harvest
>>
Geogaddi
>>
>>60893581
Not an album
>>
the one with roygbiv
>>
MHTRTC cannot be topped in terms of complete projects end to end.

It's very close to a 10/10 listening experience even if it's highs are not as high as TCH and Geogaddi
>>
Mhtrtc is fuckin amazing, each album has its separate vibes and they are all great. I recently copped Twoism and Hi Scores on wax and they are becoming my favorite projects by them.
>>
>>60894449
Wax? Like a Thomas Edison wax roll?
>>
Geogaddi as an album but Mhtrtc has better songs.
>>
Honestly I really like Tomorrow's Harvest, but that might just be because it's newer and more novel and I haven't listened to it a billion times like Geogaddi or MHTRTC.

If I were to listen to them all again for the first time, probably Geogaddi just for how it manages to be very dense and cryptic but still memorable and melodic.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.