[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genres that piss you off and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1449033796740.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1449033796740.gif
929 KB, 264x320
Is there a genre or style of music that incites so much anger in you that you would go on an autistic tirade about how horrible it is on a Korean basket weaving forum? If so, post your gripes here.
>>
fucking American "EDM". It has stripped the dignity of all house music and replaced it with commercialized garbage.

I showed my friends (american "edm" fans) a boiler room once. They responded by sending this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGXwQeUk7M#t=30s
>>
>>60892488
Agreed, everything american edm represents is so trashy
>>
Harsh noise. Really /mu/.. really.. Noise rock is alright but I refuse to believe people listen to harsh noise unironically.
>>
File: 1445369498932.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1445369498932.gif
3 MB, 390x357
We all know trap music is fucking garbage. But have you ever wondered why?

As someone who's been a musician for the better part of a genre I can definitively say that trap music is the most formulaic and least thought out genre ever. And I say that as a huge fan of almost all forms of EDM. Wanna make a platinum trap record? Just follow these easy steps:

>open a free trial of FL studio
>insert a track with a sine wave synth (literally just a sine wave, the simplest waveform a thing can produce, with no effects or anything). Make it very low in frequency until it sounds like a bass. Then turn the track way up in volume. Don't be afraid to crank it up to +12dB in gain!
>make another track with an 808 drum machine, load a hip hop preset, set the midi editor grid to 64th notes, and randomly add in hihats, because why the fuck not? (you can do the same with the snare if you want)
>pick a random synthesizer. Literally any. Make it follow the same shitty 4 note chord progression as the bass
>make this loop about 3-5 minutes long
>rap over it
>enjoy your Grammy winning trap beat
>>
no because I'm not autistic
>>
>>60892665
>better part of a genre

Better part of a decade. Wow holy fuck its late
>>
>>60892678
then what are you doing on /mu/?
>>
>>60892711
memeing :^)
>>
File: 18364.jpg (32 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
18364.jpg
32 KB, 300x562
>>60892551
>meet girl at party
>talking about music
>says she likes "deep house"
>mfw this was what she was referring to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgqUJOudrcM
>>
Pop punk is probably the only one

The music itself is whiny, uninteresting garbage and nearly every pop punk kid I knew throughout middle school and high school was a whiny, uninteresting, overly emotional fuck
>>
File: 46456.png (4 KB, 470x425) Image search: [Google]
46456.png
4 KB, 470x425
>>60892751
>talking about music with womemes
>>
whatever genre bring me the horizon is. its all my sister listens to. it's 1 PM and she's still listening to this nonsense
>>
>>60892822
do you know the clock m8
>>
>>60892833

AM sorry im tired and dumb
>>
>>60892751
>Female vocals with a four on the floor beat = Deep house

I feel ya, anon.
>>
>>60892488
Fuckin' tell me about it.

Bloody yanks ruin everything.
>>
>>60892488
agreed. i say this as an amerifat, uk does it much better
>>
Vapor Wave. Oh and to top it all off... Cassette collectors.
>>
>>60892783
This is seriously the stupidest thing you could ever do. I've never met a girl with a legimate interest in music, or even so much as a good taste. Please don't do this anons.
>>
>>60893903
Ok so I've spent the last two hours reading and watching and listening and trying to understand what THE FUCK vaporwave is, to no avail. Got a succinct description?
>>
File: stopsign2.jpg (1 MB, 1694x1133) Image search: [Google]
stopsign2.jpg
1 MB, 1694x1133
>>60892783
>>60893928
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60893934
Sampled pop usually from the late 80s-early 90s.
>>
File: 1425488084658.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1425488084658.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
Reggaeton.
I haven't heard a example in years, but I still can't stand it.
>>
>>60892782
Now that's a genre that has been shot to hell since the Dookie days.
>>
>>60894041
naw bruh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F-IAAL4IdM
>>
>>60894065
That's a band that had some years in the HC scene before that release. The began in 89. Hell, i was giging in a HC band in 89 LOL! Anyways, IMO by the time Blink 182 got big it was decayed and buried IMO.
>>
>>60892751
deep house is literally 90s gay bar music
>>
>>60892488
This to be honest familia
>>
>>60892421
k-pop/j-pop

Music that's so bland and emotionless, and main appeal is visuals, in a medium thats all audio

gets me pissed. Also what mainstream commercial EDM is.
>song builds up a drop
>drop hits and its the same melody just with different synths
>kick snare kick snare kick snare

also nightcore :^)
>>
math rock

its the dumbest thing

"hey dude wanna listen to some math"

"hurr durr check out this formula"

"im solving for x while i play this chord"

math is dumb if i wanted to do math id go to ms folgers pre algebra class but i dont because she SUCKS and is GAY and so is MATHROCK

fuck the gay nerds who do it green day for life
>>
>>60892822
Fuck, this guy I'm in a band with keeps trying to get us to cover BMTH and Sleeping with Sirens and shit like that. He's a cool guy but in terms of what music we wanna make we might as well be on different planets.
>>
>>60892822
>Was Deathcore
>Then Metalcore
>Now...pop rock?
>>
>>60892421
Anime music
>>
>>60892421
Not so much as a whole genre, but I have a somewhat related anecdote.
I live in South America, and one time I had to wait for someone for a couple of minutes, there was an (illegal) music vendor nearby, blasting his shit music around really fucking loud, as per usual on these lands.
Now, I usually don't really mind this, one gets used to it despite the utterly awful shit they play, but this particular time that "song", that God forsaken entity, spawn of Satan himself, was so indescribably vile, unmistakably abhorrent to any human being and, in a word, simply evil, it made me feel PHYSICALLY ill. I really cannot stress this enough, I swear to God I nearly puked right there. It was like a mix between reggaeton, trap or some other shit like it, EXTREMELY obnoxious lyrics (think "el pollito pio"), a gut revolting bassline and something like "El Sonidito" as a melody, but really it was nothing like I have ever heard before or after. I haven't felt such a strong reaction to music ever since, and honestly it's an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Shit like that must have been prohibited by the Geneva convention, Jesus.
Now, the punchline is that when the guy I was waiting for finally showed up, he just shrugged it off like it was nothing.
>>
>>60894403
this was almost funny
>>
>>60894743
GODDAMNIT POST THE TRACK
>>
butt rock
>>
>>60894387
I don't know if your talking about mainstream jpop or not but I just want to say try not to write off all jpop. not all of it is bland and emotionless. most jpop nowadays isn't that great but go back in time to the 70s, 80s, 90s, even the early 2000's and you can find alot of great tunes. I'm not much of a fan of kpop so I cant say much about that genre but what I have seen so far doesn't appeal to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRIPNlDKmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_OuNd6Bn8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTl5H8U6kuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlS8ITrOEjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L31ZfS173tg

I dont know much about kpop so I cant say much about that genre but what I have seen so far doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>60894848
Sorry anon but my guess is that it's lost forever in the bootleg South American music market (probably never made it to the Internet), and I sure don't plan on looking for it anytime soon anyway, I know much less painful ways to kill myself if I wanted.
>>
>>60892488
This
Also, djent and metalcore. Both piss me off on how fucking trashy and formulaic they are.
Third wave post-rock also gets on my nerves.
Also, K-pop is a genre I endlessly despise.
>>60894477
He's a fucking faggot, kick him out.
>>
>>60894973
Can't kick him, me and him started it. He wanted to make a pop punk band and needed my vocals, but I really wanna make doom metal so we keep having to try and find compromises between the heavier sound I want and the sound he wants.
>>
File: nT7KP-VfMIE.jpg (119 KB, 604x335) Image search: [Google]
nT7KP-VfMIE.jpg
119 KB, 604x335
>>60892642
Lol look at this dweeb.
>>
>>60894973
>djent and metalcore.

Bingo. Hate the fuck out of both of them.
>>
EDM and K-Pop. Most of my friends really only like shitty EDM/dubstep and K-pop. K-pop disgusts me more as it has a bunch of waifu fags who only listen to to see their waifu do a boring choreographed dance for their pleasure. EDM is pain because it's just flooded the top-40 for the last decade and everyone just wants boring brostep styled club track that have a 'drop' in it.
>>
>>60894743
are you talking about this aberration?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhsy6epaJGs
>>
>>60895264
sounds like a quality sitcom
>>
>>60894743
or maybe this ear melting atrocities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpFagQANK0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW5_IHSNRIY
>>
>>60892488
why the fuck would anybody think of this song when they hear a boiler room set
I mean I get that they're plebs but what the actual fuck
>>
k-anything
j-anything
indie
>>
>>60897768
eh. Japan has a lot of good shoegaze that I think is worth checking out.
>>
>>60897768
forgot dembow, narcorridos, reggaeton and any of that shitty Latin American stuff
t
b
h
>>
>>60897783
You call it j-shoegaze or shoegaze?
I like some japanese music, but not when it's called j-something
>>
>>60897810
You ever listen to 80's J-pop?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.