[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the Oscars and the Emmys patrician but the Grammys are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: grammys-2016.jpg (59 KB, 607x456) Image search: [Google]
grammys-2016.jpg
59 KB, 607x456
Why are the Oscars and the Emmys patrician but the Grammys are pleb?
Why can't music have a good top tier award show?
>>
>Oscars
>Patrician
Lol
>>
It's Always Sunny hasn't won a single Emmy, let alone been nominated.
Meanwhile shit like Modern Family and Bazinga have awards coming out of their ass.

Emmys are complete trash.
>>
>>60890530
They're patrician in comparison, at least.
If the Oscars were the film equivalent of the Grammys, these would be the Best Picture nominees:
>Minions
>Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
>Pixels
>Avengers: Age of Ultron
>The Martian
>>
>>60890496
well tpab is aoty prove us wrong
>>
Because there's a fuckload more music released each year than there are movies or TV programs. People (critics and consumers alike) just don't have the time to sift through every single decent album that's released in a given year, so only the really popular stuff gets noticed.
>>
>>60891250
"cracker" detected
>>
>>60890635
If The Martian doesn't win it'll be a huge snub.

Yeah but seriously pretty accurate
>>
>>60891376
you're not proving me wrong
>>
>>60891398
http://watchloud.com/kendrick-lamar-performs-to-half-empty-arena-after-fans-leave-following-future-performance/
>>
>>60891641
I was thinking more like another album.
>>
>>60890635
accurate
>>
paul blart was surprisingly excellent
>>
>>60890496
because typically "better" music is less accessible, and music that has a wider appeal is GENERALLY shittier. This is true with shit like movies and stuff, but especially music

And nobody would watch the grammies if only people like swans and shit won, since they don't know who that is
>>
>>60890496
>Why are the Oscars and the Emmys patrician
Weak bait, brah
>>
>>60890496
Because the Grammy's have no value as an award, as a matter of fact, I belive there is not a single recognizement for popular music with actual prestige. "The Grammy Awards" are just another TV concert organized to draw media attention.
At least its not as toxic as the VGA's.
>>
>>60890635
>tfw my clan is bravehearts
>tfw yall move like Paul Blarts
>>
>>60890537
Modern Family is actually pretty good, and I'd argue the newer seasons are way better than the first ones though
>>
>>60891250
Obviously it's Currents family
>>
>>60892554
so for starers wesleys theory is going up against this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFptt7Cargc

should be fun
>>
>>60890537
sorry you have shit taste in tv senpai, not much you'll do about that though
>>
i think film has a deeper history of being quasi pretentious
>>
>>60890496

>Why can't music have a good top tier award show?

The closest thing we have is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (which gives awards to other genres like country/jazz/blues/pop/hip-hop because why the hell not). Also it's mainly good because it's only lifetime awards and because it's on HBO so they can say "fuck."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame_inductees
>>
oh shit

• Never Catch Me
Flying Lotus Featuring Kendrick Lamar
Steven Ellison, producer; Kevin Marques Moo, mixer
Track from: You're Dead!
[Warp Records]
>>
woo-hoo!

• Afrodeezia
Marcus Miller
Marcus Miller
[Blue Note Records]
>>
No award show is patrician.
>>
I'm getting excited now

• Breathing Underwater
Hiatus Kaiyote
Track from: Choose Your Weapon
[Flying Buddha / Sony Masterworks]
>>
Are the grammy's always this good?

• Blood
Lianne La Havas
[Nonesuch]
>>
• Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)
Maria Schneider, arranger (David Bowie)
Track from: Nothing Has Changed
[Legacy/Columbia]
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.