[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How i do get into these bands? >The Smiths >Coldplay >Portugal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: the-queen-is-dead-the-smiths.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
the-queen-is-dead-the-smiths.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
How i do get into these bands?
>The Smiths
>Coldplay
>Portugal. The Man
>Stuck in the Sound
>Have a Nice Life
>Death from Above 1979
>>
By listening to their music, probably.
>>
>good
>decent pop rock for the first 2 albums
>who?
>who?
>brrrrrrrrrrmmmm music
>lcd is better
>>
The Smiths have four albums, just listen to one dude.
>>
>>60888864
Which one?
>>
>>60888882
the queen is dead --> meat is murder --> s/t --> strangeways here we come
>>
portugal the man not worth it
>>
>>60888945
Why?
>>
>>60888794
Have a Nice Life:
Try their first album. If you can't get in beyond a few tracks, try Giles Corey. It's actually even harder and "stronger" than HANL, but it's more straightforward and it's what got me into them. Prepare to get fucked up though.
>>
>>60888882
The Queen is Dead is generally regarded as their magnum opus.
>>
>>60888965
he's wrong, Portugal. the Man has some good shit. I haven't listened to all their stuff but I can tell you that their most recent album, Evil Friends, is pretty accessible/good if you're having a hard time getting into them (somehow...)
>>
>>60888794
>The Smiths

I'd listen to Hatful of Hollow 3 or 4 times and get a sense of which songs you like.

After that, just check out the Studio Albums.

>Coldplay

be a 13 year old tumblrina?

jk just start with AROBTTH and work either backward for stripped down acoustic pop and forward for lush, baroque pop eventually moving to synthpop

the rest i'm not familiar enough with
>>
>>60888794
>Be a pretentious millenial
>Listen to their second album then stop
>Dont
>Idk
>Listen to Deathconciousness and Giles Corey and Stop
>Dont
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.