[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philthread - Been a long time cousin edition >favorite Phil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1443566313903.jpg (194 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443566313903.jpg
194 KB, 1500x1000
Philthread - Been a long time cousin edition

>favorite Phil album
>recent Phil purchases
>(something) else?

Come hang out
>>
File: 1445009780548.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1445009780548.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>I'll no longer hide it, you move me to tears
>I can visit all the places we went, but I can't leave without the bones you bent

Is Phil the master of feels?
>>
Phil threads are always the best

I really want him to make a full album that sounds like the title track from Sauna
>>
>>60887042
He is for me
he's my bby

>>60887072
I would dig that
It was so comfy
>>
>>60887109
What did you think of Sauna overall? I found it to be an uncharacteristically inconsistent album. Sauna, Dragon, and Youth are all amazing songs though
>>
>>60887158
While it was a bit inconsistent, I really liked the variety of sounds and styles that Phil was using. I really liked the black metal tracks, the guitars had a really interesting tone to them that I've been trying to replicate.
>>
>>60887205
Yeah I liked everything individually but I didn't quite feel the flow that most of his albums had. And I definitely think it was one of his best production jobs. That distorted gong on the title track, the crunchiness of the guitars, and his use of synths was all great
>>
>>60887333
Yeah, the flow was definitely weird, more of a collection of tracks rather than an album.
>>
nosewear to find game? are you retarded? it's "knows where to find GAME." as in the store.
>>
This may sound dumb, but whats the most microphones sounding Mount Eerie album?
>>
>>60887765
probably Clear Moon
>>
>>60887765
I think No Flashlight is the most like the Mics stuff. It was sort of an inbetween album for Phil's music.
>>
So I've listened to glow pt. 2 twice and didn't like it either time...although both times were over a year ago. I just remember finding it really boring.

Should I give it a third take, try another album, or give up on phil?
>>
File: Philcomic2.jpg (171 KB, 700x875) Image search: [Google]
Philcomic2.jpg
171 KB, 700x875
>favorite album
It changes often, but right now it's either Wind's Poem or Mount Eerie.

>recent purchases
I really want to buy Sauna, but they don't have it at my local record store. I'll probably just buy it online soon.

>>60887765
Maybe Dawn?
>>60889209
Try another album. Phil has released albums with a variety of genres. Depending on what you like, you might find something enjoyable.

Maybe try Mount Eerie - The Microphones. It's one of my favorite Phil album, and it sounds like nothing I've heard before.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.