[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Monday Monday Monday/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 151
File: pancake.jpg (32 KB, 530x278) Image search: [Google]
pancake.jpg
32 KB, 530x278
You know what time it is, lads.

>favorite album?
>least favorite album?
>favorite song?
>least favorite song?
>favorite b-side?
>favorite demo?
>favorite live performance(s)?
>favorite stage banter?
>>
File: Photo on 2015-12-03 at 17.45.jpg (111 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2015-12-03 at 17.45.jpg
111 KB, 640x480
Not to be a burden but could you give this a listen?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1GVD9CsQ1J3
>>
File: PXpqQKi.png (345 KB, 478x477) Image search: [Google]
PXpqQKi.png
345 KB, 478x477
Holy shit, I finally caught a monday monday monday thread! its been a fucking year
>>
>>60885500
>Not to be a burden but
Then don't.
>>
>>60885547
Sometimes their are chill people on /mu/ who dont mind.
>>
>>60885585
It's cool but this really isn't the thread for it.
>>
that drum break in nineteen tho
>>
Red Belt is perfection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3qm0hg41XU
>>
>>60885755
It's definitely one of my favorites of theirs to play on drums. Arrow, Want To Be Bad, and Like O, Like H are my other favorites.
>>
>>60885533
This Monday and every Monday, dude.
>>
File: 65498745.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
65498745.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
>>60886314
I know, and I never get on here on mondays so I forgot they even existed
>>
>>60886393
I think there was quite a while there when Monday x3 pretty much disappeared for no real reason. I hadn't been here in over a year until until a few months ago when I just decided to check for a thread out of the blue and there was an active one right there. Monday x3 is definitely here to stay again.
>>
>>60885533
These MondayX3 threads usually stay alive at least until Tuesday. The latest one it expired on Thursday: https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S60716437
>>
>>60886603
Damn was I proud of that one.
>>
test
>>
>>60886603
Last one didn't even really take off running until Tuesday as well
>>
File: ts.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ts.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>60885422
As usual, I uploaded & shared a T&S video recording with y'all: live at Coachella 2008. The quality is not excellent, but quite decent considering that the video streams were LQ then.

Setlist:
1. Dark Come Soon
2. The Con
3. Burn Your Life Down
4. Floorplan
5. Speak Slow
6. I Bet It Stung
7. Fix You Up
8. So Jealous
9. Nineteen
10. Back in Your Head
11. Walking With a Ghost
12. Hop a Plane
13. Living Room

Download: https://mega.nz/#!1M4WEYhC!fOEvKYCx0EwGYzpJGCzW5XCbEIBeAMBEUMZpLB_TvZs
>>
File: 14.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
>>60887022
Thanks, guy
>>
File: 1446841542122.jpg (45 KB, 378x549) Image search: [Google]
1446841542122.jpg
45 KB, 378x549
>>60887001
That's right.

I don't know if there were other Mx3 threads this year before that one that I opened on 23 November: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S60561140

It was also a Crystal Castles thread turned into a T&S thread (it had a pic with the twins though): https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S60473185

I think that was the real start.
>>
File: 1447855417511.png (182 KB, 473x472) Image search: [Google]
1447855417511.png
182 KB, 473x472
>>60887118
You're welcome. Next week, another bootleg.
>>
File: 1448296244281.jpg (526 KB, 1850x1400) Image search: [Google]
1448296244281.jpg
526 KB, 1850x1400
Heartthrob = Sainthood > The Con > If It Was You > So Jealous > This Business of Art > Under Feet Like Ours

Heartthrob & Sainthood are so damn great. I'll be surprised if they will manage to surpass these albums.
>>
File: 9.png (268 KB, 856x437) Image search: [Google]
9.png
268 KB, 856x437
>>60887256
>It was also a Crystal Castles thread turned into a T&S thread (it had a pic with the twins though): https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S60473185
This one was great. I forgot just how quickly we took over that thread. That was when I knew it was back for good.
>>
File: 1.jpg (139 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
139 KB, 500x368
>>60887818
Previously it was also another thread "Say something nice about Tegan and Sara": https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S60388556

Some good comments here, but also some shitposting.
>>
File: 13.jpg (458 KB, 1200x890) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
458 KB, 1200x890
>>60887911
Lol I remember that too. That one was pretty funny but it was kind of bullshit. It definitely wasn't a proper T&S Mx3 thread. Actually neither was the Crystal Castles one but we turned it into one.
>>
File: TnS.jpg (36 KB, 275x404) Image search: [Google]
TnS.jpg
36 KB, 275x404
If you don't have their music videos yet, get them now.

23 TEGAN AND SARA (+RELATED) VIDEOCLIPS: https://mega.nz/#!tYJWTJhI!vG64SB8Y9Oz-l82dPnuiLhBkEYWCawvTKeWRVlTkHaw

Content:
Astronautalis feat Tegan Quin - Contrails
Tegan and Sara - Alligator
Tegan and Sara - Back in Your Head
Tegan and Sara - Call It Off
Tegan and Sara - Closer
Tegan and Sara - Goodbye, Goodbye
Tegan and Sara - Hell
Tegan and Sara - I Hear Noises
Tegan and Sara - I Was a Fool
Tegan and Sara - Living Room
Tegan and Sara - Monday Monday Monday
Tegan and Sara - Monday Monday Monday (Aussie version)
Tegan and Sara - Northshore
Tegan and Sara - On Directing
Tegan and Sara - Speak Slow
Tegan and Sara - The Con
Tegan and Sara - The First
Tegan and Sara - This Is Everything
Tegan and Sara - Walking With a Ghost
Tegan and Sara - Walking With a Ghost (Aussie version)
Tegan and Sara & Morgan Page - Body Work
Tegan and Sara & Night Terrors of 1927 - When You Were Mine
Tegan and Sara & Tiesto - Feel It in My Bones
>>
Just got in Tegan and Sara, thanks guys! The Con is incredible
>>
>>60887980
Of course, man. Is that the only album you've heard of theirs?
>>
>>60888033
Yep. Good night, mang.
>>
File: sara.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2809) Image search: [Google]
sara.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2809
>>60887954
Now that LP8 is quite close, these Mx3 threads are here to stay.

See you tomorrow.
>>
>>60888066
Thanks. I deleted/reposted that comment because it had a little mistake.
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (8).jpg (244 KB, 648x431) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (8).jpg
244 KB, 648x431
I answer these questions every thread so instead, I'm going to try to answer these as album-specific questions in discographic order.
Under Feet Like Ours
>favorite song
This is Everything - tegan's vocals, the unending simple bass line, tegan's vocals again
>least favorite song
Superstar - I get that it was written as satire/sarcastically but I just don't like the way it sounds.
>favorite b-side
N/A
>favorite demo
This is Everything off the Orange Demo. Orange Demo was the their third and shortest demo with an early rendition of "Proud" and "This is Everything". Out of the original 12 tracks that were on the Red, Yellow and Orange Demos, these as well as Superstar and Heavy were the only ones to make it onto UFLO. Tegan's voice is still sensual and husky in this demo but Sara's vocals play a more active as a contrast because of her higher pitch. Therefore, favorite demo.
>favorite live performance
I feel like keeping with the same era but I can't seem to find anything on youtube from before This Business of Art.
>favorite stage banter
This doesn't count but I remember an interview that T&S had with Margaret Cho and they talked about this one tour they did in Australia where they were opening for a headlining band and the headliner, due to illness, had to cancel. They said that they were afraid of having to just swallow the cost of the tour but instead decided to still play the shows but without the headlining band. Tegan I think said they would introduce themselves and say that the headliner wasn't going to be there but to please stick around because they were going to play both full sets. This is kind of where their banter is born in sense that they needed to fill the allotted time for the concert so they would intersperse stories about themselves with the audience.
Here's the interview if you wanna hear it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_W6tRgCc8
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (15).png (739 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (15).png
739 KB, 640x960
>>60887818
>>60887954
the funniest part about the Crystal Castles thread is that the first post is like "this is now a T&S thread".
>>60887974
>based anon
>those skirts
I'm probably going to re-upload the link I gave a thread ago since I added some live demos and the Orange Demo.
>>
File: 37.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
>>60888196
>I answer these questions every thread so instead, I'm going to try to answer these as album-specific questions in discographic order.
Well, they're just a list of open questions to get the ball rolling. I'm open, and I'm sure everyone else is too, to any suggestions and additions to the list going forward. Anyone at any time has a fun question, by all means, throw it out there. In fact, I'm gonna do album specific for every one now. I might exclude demos for some of them because that's a whole different ballgame from their studio albums.

>This doesn't count but I remember an interview that T&S had with Margaret Cho and they talked about this one tour they did in Australia where they were opening for a headlining band and the headliner, due to illness, had to cancel. They said that they were afraid of having to just swallow the cost of the tour but instead decided to still play the shows but without the headlining band. Tegan I think said they would introduce themselves and say that the headliner wasn't going to be there but to please stick around because they were going to play both full sets. This is kind of where their banter is born in sense that they needed to fill the allotted time for the concert so they would intersperse stories about themselves with the audience.
Here's the interview if you wanna hear it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_W6tRgCc8 [Embed]
That's pretty neat. I'l watch that in a few minutes.

>>60888257
>the funniest part about the Crystal Castles thread is that the first post is like "this is now a T&S thread".
Yeah it got a laugh out of me for sure.
>>
File: Under_Feet_Like_Ours.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Under_Feet_Like_Ours.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
Under Feet Like Ours

>favorite song
Divided, although not the best version

>least favorite song
Superstar, because it's fuckin bad

>b-side
>demo
nah
>>
File: business.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
business.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
This Business of Art

>favorite song
Frozen

>least favorite song
Come On. I could take the easy way and say Superstar again even though it's different from the UFLO version but I won't.
>>
File: If It Was You.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
If It Was You.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
If It Was You

From here on out I'm going to do one for both Tegan and Sara.

>favorite song
Tegan: Don't Confess
Sara: Want To Be Bad

>least favorite song
Tegan: You Went Away
Sara: Underwater

Still gotta think about all those demos
>>
File: So Jealous.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
So Jealous.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
So Jealous

>favorite song
Tegan: Where Does The Good Go
Sara: Downtown

>least favorite song
Tegan: Speak Slow
Sara: We Didn't Do It

>b-side
Love Type Thing I guess
>demo
Wake Up Exhausted (those harmonies)
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (2).jpg (53 KB, 600x819) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (2).jpg
53 KB, 600x819
>>60888668
>they're just a list of open questions to get the ball rolling.
oh definitely, but I wanna spice things up with other questions for the regulars.
Next post is all the album bits.
>>
File: The Con.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The Con.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
The Con

Here's where it gets very difficult.

>favorite song
Tegan: Nineteen (runner-up - Soil, Soil)
Sara: Floorplan (runner-up - I Was Married)

>least favorite song
Tegan: Are You Ten Years Ago
Sara: Back In Your Head
>>
File: Sainthood.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Sainthood.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
Sainthood

>favorite song
Tegan: Someday
Sara: Paperback Head

>least favorite song
Tegan: The Cure
Sara: Alligator

>b-side
Light Up
>>
That was smart, favorite/least favorite Tegan/Sara song. Gonna do that too now.
This Business of Art
>favorite song
Tegan: My Number - I always loved this song: Tegan's vocals are top, I love the sound of the song because it's so soothing but it feels so haunting because of the lyrical content. It wasn't until someone pointed it out in a previous Monday x3 thread that it was a song Tegan wrote about a guy that liked her and how she didn't want him to distance himself.
Sara: Come On - arguably an upgrade from UFLO, depending on what sound you prefer. Personally this is a weak Sara album, probably her weakest.
>least favorite song
Tegan: Superstar - I can't tell which version I prefer but I do know that I don't like either.
Sara: Hype - which isn't to say that I don't like it; i love Hype but I don't like this version.
>favorite b-side
once again N/A
>favorite demo
N/A, i don't think they released any demos that aren't UFLO.
>favorite performance
when they played My Number on Letterman, Sara's hair and Tegan's shirt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UiLP-BIhY
>favorite banter
Out of ease, I'm just going to use the interview between T&S and Letterman.
>>
File: Heartthrob.jpg (77 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Heartthrob.jpg
77 KB, 300x300
Heartthrob

>favorite song
Tegan: I Was a Fool
Sara: Now I'm All Messed Up

>least favorite song
Tegan: Closer
Sara: How Come You Don't Want Me
>>
>>60888947
>>60889030
>>60889353
>>60889581
>>60890535
>>60890688
>>60890792
I will definitely discuss these, but there's my list.
>>
File: 2.jpg (37 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
37 KB, 500x398
>>60890777
>Tegan: My Number - I always loved this song: Tegan's vocals are top, I love the sound of the song because it's so soothing but it feels so haunting because of the lyrical content. It wasn't until someone pointed it out in a previous Monday x3 thread that it was a song Tegan wrote about a guy that liked her and how she didn't want him to distance himself.
Yep. That's a tough situation. I've always sort of seen it as the response to Weezer's Pink Triangle. Not that they meant it that way, but symbolically. Any guy who's ever been in a similar situation knows he can't stick around much or he's just going to get hurt, but the girl is torn too because she doesn't want to lose a close friend. Great song. Great piano. Great everything.

>Tegan: Superstar - I can't tell which version I prefer but I do know that I don't like either.
Yeah, I'm just going to say it. Superstar is a bad song. There's no nice way I can put it. It's just plain lousy.

>when they played My Number on Letterman, Sara's hair and Tegan's shirt.
That's a pretty good archive video. I swear David Letterman has met just about every last damn famous person I've ever loved. That's got to feel incredible.
>>
File: If It Was You Advance.jpg (34 KB, 450x448) Image search: [Google]
If It Was You Advance.jpg
34 KB, 450x448
If It Was You
>favorite song
Tegan: Don't Confess - the feels behind this song are too much for me. It's one of the many songs I associate with this one girl and I still get a little uncomfortable when listening to the song b/c memories. BUT ANYWAY.
Tegan's vocals are smooth and melodic, she put you right to sleep and Sara's backups are equally as soothing, especially when vocalizing after the chorus ends.
Sara: Monday Monday Monday - HA HILARIOUS. but seriously I like how this song feels: it's kind of poppy but it's got that signature T&S sadness in the lyrics.
>least favorite song
Tegan: this is hard, this is a great Tegan album but if I had to choose, I'd pick City Girl because the alternate take with Sara singing and Tegan on backup was infinitely superior.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Lg9S4hAhk
Sara: Terrible Storm - i don't like the builder during the verses and the ending is cacophony. Sara's songs get stronger as she gets older.
>favorite b-side
Well they only released one b-side technically with the re-release. so Come On Kids by default.
>favorite demo
I only know of one demo from this and it's a live demo version of Don't Confess titled "Lately" so also, by default.
>favorite performance
They played a thing for a TV show in the UK "Inside Pandora's Box" if the comments can be trusted. Growly Tegan is best Tegan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmPMLPMF8mI
>favorite banter
SHRUG
>>
File: So Jealous Advance.jpg (31 KB, 456x455) Image search: [Google]
So Jealous Advance.jpg
31 KB, 456x455
I see some replies and I'll get to them after I finish my list, it's strangely exhaustive.
So Jealous
>favorite song
Tegan: I Won't Be Left - I like the way the song sounds but it resonates with me even more after watching Making of So Jealous because it's the song that plays immediately after Tegan freaks the fuck out.
Sara: I Can't Take It - holy shit this song: Sara's vocals, the constant pluck of that one guitar, the lyrics; it all comes together flawlessly.
>least favorite song
Tegan: Fix You Up - I can't get past the intro for some reason, and even when I do, I just can't get into the rest of the song.
Sara: Walking with a Ghost - unpopular opinion but an anon from a previous Monday thread made me realize I don't like some of the songs that have a lot of repetition. I like I Know I Know I Know, Downtown, and Speak Slow but I just don't like Walking with a Ghost.
>favorite b-side
Love Type Thing by default
>favorite demo
I Won't Be Left demo - I like Tegan's vocals, they're low and husky and I love it when her voice is like that.
>favorite performance and banter
everything in the Making of So Jealous :^)
>>
>>60887980
yessss, what album of theirs are you going to listen to next?
>>
File: The Con Demos.jpg (311 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
The Con Demos.jpg
311 KB, 500x500
OH BOY THE CON. MY FAVORITE ALBUM.
The Con
>favorite song
Tegan: tie between Nineteen and Call It Off - everything about these songs are amazing. In Nineteen: Tegan's vocals, her fill during the chorus, Hunter's bass lines, Jason's sick drum fill after the bridge, everything about this song unf. In Call It Off it's much of the same but it's so different. Tegan's vocals are still top and her string work is impressive but it's just her vocals and her guitar. The light drums, Ted in the background during the chorus: it's all just extra. The song is amazing without them and it's gonna be my pick for best demo.
Sara: Back in Your Head - it's a cute song and it's straight to the point, which is really uncharacteristic in Sara's writing style. She's usually more reserved and abstract when it comes to her lyrics and this is the closest Sara comes to screaming her message. An honorable mention to Knife Going In for a later reason.
>least favorite song
Tegan: Are You Ten Years Ago - it's technically not out of place considering Like O Like H, Relief Next to Me and Knife Going In but the sound is too dissonant for me and I don't like it.
Sara: Relief Next to Me - basically the same reason as Are You Ten Years Ago
>favorite b-side
The Con was released and shortly after so was the I'll Take the Blame EP so I'm counting that as a b-side.
I'll Take the Blame - it's easy on the ears and Sara's airy vocals are amazing. It's also a taste of the kind of sound we hear in Sainthood.
everything from The Con: The Movie :^)
>>
File: parkinglot.jpg (49 KB, 648x432) Image search: [Google]
parkinglot.jpg
49 KB, 648x432
>>60891334
>everything from The Con: The Movie :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWknlcstQPc

that DVD is goat. reccing it to anyone who loved the fuck out of the con.
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (35).jpg (73 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (35).jpg
73 KB, 500x501
Sainthood
>favorite song
This is difficult because they basically wrote every song together so I'll choose my first pick and the runner-up.
The Ocean, followed by Northshore.
Feels in The Ocean (also tied to that girl) and Northshore is such an energetic song.
>least favorite song
Night Watch and The Cure - this isn't to say I don't like these songs, they're just the weakest.
>favorite b-side
this is a doozy: Light Up - we get Sara's airy vocals again and it's heavenly. Her voice feels so light and her tone paired with the guitars is a great combination.
>favorite demo
The Ocean on the Home Recordings
>favorite performance
Nineteen at Spinner Interface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B-MluGscaE
>favorite banter
Reflections US Edition episode 4, Hayley Williams is in that one
>>
File: dude weed lmao.png (735 KB, 714x606) Image search: [Google]
dude weed lmao.png
735 KB, 714x606
>>60891375
I guess that makes all of us then. I agree, that DVD is GOAT. The Lost Forest Fones series always makes me smile.

>based Ronnie Vannucci
>>
>favorite album?
The Con
>least favorite album?
uh, that's hard but i'll have to say This Business of Art, maybe cus i haven't heard it much
>favorite song?
off the Con:
tegan: Nineteen, Call It Off, Soil, Soil
sara: Knife Going In, Back in your head, Floorplan, Like O, Like H, and her backing vocals in Call It Off are cute af
>least favorite song?
tegan: Are you ten years ago
sara: n/a
>favorite stage banter?
this tears me up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae233asg6nc
>>
I don't get them, they sound too cheesy to me
Any good songs by them?
>>
File: 1447372648677.png (291 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
1447372648677.png
291 KB, 639x360
>>60891375
Tegan is such a goof.
>>
>>60891656
which album(s) have you heard senpai?

>>60891673
sara's equally goofy as well.
https://youtu.be/_Rvwhdp4tME?t=3m38s
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (1).jpg (107 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (1).jpg
107 KB, 612x612
The last, holy shit this list was exhausting but it makes me want to a full list on every song on every album. Someday.
It'll be following the same format as Sainthood, best/worst song and a runner-up but no explanations, I'm super fucking tired.
Hearttthrob
>favorite song
Now I'm All Messed and Shock to Your System
>least favorite
I don't have one. Heartthrob is a 10/10 to me.
>favorite b-side
Guilty as Charged
>favorite demo
N/A
dunno, so tired ;_;

responses and then I'm off to bed.
>>
File: Scott Weiland.jpg (75 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
Scott Weiland.jpg
75 KB, 750x400
>>60891009
>the feels behind this song are too much for me. It's one of the many songs I associate with this one girl and I still get a little uncomfortable when listening to the song b/c memories. BUT ANYWAY.
That's what Light Up is for me. I associate that with a terrible period in my life.

>>60891656
I'm afraid not, man. The whole discography is garbage.
>>
File: birthday hat.jpg (529 KB, 491x1280) Image search: [Google]
birthday hat.jpg
529 KB, 491x1280
>>60891656
you can start with these if you want to get into them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RskKFC7-xRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73FCU68Mto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCMkY2ZjwPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeKQR4EJnW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNwfgABrX4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9NSMY8QiQ

as for albums i guess start with Sainthood.

their songs are all about love.
>>
>>60891754
>I'm afraid not, man. The whole discography is garbage.
Well, that's a bit harsh, but yeah, my friend is really into them but I don't really find them that good..they sound pretty bland.
>>
>>60891736
I have heard So Jealous and The Con, some songs were good, but overall not really my thing. I didn't enjoy the other albums. (sainthood?)
>>
File: metal.jpg (278 KB, 769x800) Image search: [Google]
metal.jpg
278 KB, 769x800
>>60891785
Their albums are all a bit different. What songs have you heard?
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (44).jpg (110 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (44).jpg
110 KB, 612x612
>>60888947
For Divided, are you thinking about the Get Along! Session or a different version?
>>60889353
Holy shit how did I overlook You Went Away.
>>60889581
>Downtown
my man.
>>60890535
>Back in Your Head
interesting, why?
>>60890688
>Alligator
LOL, I think the only reason I'm super into is because I love most of the remixes and the dance they do in the video is too much.
>>60890993
>the girl is torn too because she doesn't want to lose a close friend. Great song. Great piano. Great everything.
this.
>>60891375
that DVD was goat, it's a shame they didn't the same thing with Sainthood, even though it's a completely different album and method of recording.
>>60891673
>when she forgets her lines

night lads, keep the thread going with bumps.
>>
File: Tegan.jpg (47 KB, 400x484) Image search: [Google]
Tegan.jpg
47 KB, 400x484
>>60887974
i'm getting an error when trying to download through my browser
>>
File: 79.png (248 KB, 641x353) Image search: [Google]
79.png
248 KB, 641x353
>>60891885
>For Divided, are you thinking about the Get Along! Session or a different version?
Get Along version is my favorite for sure.
>interesting, why?
I love Back In Your Head, but it's probably the least ambitious song on the album to me. I feel that way about some of Sara's biggest singles, just like Alligator. Fantastic hooks and lyrics, no doubt, but they have so many layered melodies and harmonies on all the other songs on all their albums that they tend to stand out slightly in that way. I love em all, but if we're picking favorites (and least favorites) for fun, it's gonna be that.

>night lads, keep the thread going with bumps.
As always. See you tomorrow, mate.
>>
who else likes the get along version of night watch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPvV6k9su-0
>>
File: 42.jpg (528 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
528 KB, 850x567
>>60891839
If you like more electric guitar in your rock then If It Was You is a solid album for all that. Sainthood is heavier than So Jealous and The Con as well and it's also pretty synth heavy. It's pretty difficult recommending their albums. You kind of just have to listen to them all.

If you love full blown top 40 style pop, on the other hand, have I got the album for you. Listen to Heartthrob. It would be right up your alley.
>>
File: 1449025864166.png (116 KB, 458x310) Image search: [Google]
1449025864166.png
116 KB, 458x310
>>60891998
Lol I thought that was some green spew coming out of her mouth at first glance.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPvV6k9su-0 [Embed]
>that 7/4 chorus
>alternating bass and snare every measure (on the studio version)

This is the reason it's not one of my lesser favorite songs from Sainthood. It's too much fun to play on drums.
>>
>>60891839
You should try listening to Sainthood next I think.
>>
>>60885422
>favourite song
Hop a plane
>least favourite song
Aside from just me it's a constantly shifting hierarchy to the bottom for all the songs in the yellow demo.

As a side note I'd like to state Sara is the apex Quin.
>>
File: 41.jpg (296 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
296 KB, 1024x768
>>60892814
>apex Quin
>>
File: tegan-flex.jpg (84 KB, 836x455) Image search: [Google]
tegan-flex.jpg
84 KB, 836x455
>>60892814
>Sara is the apex Quin.

tegan is the stronger twin :)
and yes, sara is sweet.

i'd choose sara too, but tegan has that charm.
>>
File: Sara.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Sara.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
>>60892814
>As a side note I'd like to state Sara is the apex Quin.
i've started to think this too since i've stopped listening to them frequently; but even though i only listen to them maybe once every few months i know for a fact that Tegan's songs are better.
>>
File: IMG00323-20101122-1216-1024x768.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG00323-20101122-1216-1024x768.jpg
229 KB, 1024x768
>>60892949
sara's songs are more personal/emotional, that's what i feel like.
>>
File: 1448996154870.jpg (1 MB, 1061x1600) Image search: [Google]
1448996154870.jpg
1 MB, 1061x1600
>>60892959
Messed Up is easily one of their top 5 emotional songs

i remember listening to it with /mu/ when they played it live on stage for the first time before the album even came out. i think the majority of anons' twin favoritism shifted that day.
>>
File: 63.jpg (371 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
371 KB, 640x512
>>60892942
>>60892949
>choosing between the two
I simply can't do it, guys. Musically they're at the same level, I feel. Looks wise? That's difficult too.
>>
File: 42957.jpg (279 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
42957.jpg
279 KB, 800x800
>>60893157
honestly i love them both.
>>
File: patrician hair.png (528 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
patrician hair.png
528 KB, 500x497
>>60893157
>Lyrically
Sara

>Vocally
Tegan

>Looks-wise
i've always been a Tegan guy but Sara has grown on me and kept reminding me of a oneitis i once had. i feel like Sara is either too anxious to express her self more or it's just that Tegan always loves to steal the spotlight.
>>
File: 2udv0at.jpg (29 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
2udv0at.jpg
29 KB, 604x453
>>60893360
oh tegan definitely loves the spotlight; sara is just a bit more introspective.
>>
File: a.jpg (46 KB, 500x577) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
46 KB, 500x577
>>60893360
I can say I agree. I think they're both obviously great, but if I'm going to give each of them an edge over the other, for Sara that edge has to be in her lyricism. I think Like O, Like H is a perfect example of this. I think lyrically speaking, Sara tends to be more metaphorical whereas Tegan tends to be more literal. But, Tegan, man, she can crank out hooks for days. Tegan can catch you with a hook that just plays over and over in your head nonstop. They can both knock it out of the park in either respect at any moment but they probably edge each other out in those regards, but the fact that they're a duo makes it all come together so perfectly.

As for looks, they're both super cute of course but I think I would say six times out of ten I'm rolling with Tegan.
>>
File: tegan-and-sara-canada.jpg (295 KB, 500x675) Image search: [Google]
tegan-and-sara-canada.jpg
295 KB, 500x675
>>60888257
>those skirts
Here's a better pic.
>>
>>60890688
>least favorite song
>Tegan: The Cure
>Sara: Alligator
Surprising to say the least. These are some of their best songs.
>>
>>60895649
It wasn't easy, man, but I had to make a firm decision. How about yours?
>>
File: 39.jpg (142 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
142 KB, 1024x681
Let's keep this thread alive and well guys. We got this.
>>
File: Tegan on stage2.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
Tegan on stage2.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
>>
File: tegan.jpg (212 KB, 483x362) Image search: [Google]
tegan.jpg
212 KB, 483x362
>>60893360
>Lyrically
Sara

>Vocally
Tegan

>Looks-wise
Sometimes I prefer Tegan, sometimes Sara.
>>
>>60893157
>lyrically
Sara
>vocally
Tegan because she can snarl well
>looks
Sara. Ever since I saw them live she always makes my kokoro go doki doki.
>>
>>60899873
When did you see them?
>>
>>
>>60899873
lol
>>
>>60891936
I have no idea why. Maybe you have an outdated browser. Try again with another one.
>>
>>60892033
>You kind of just have to listen to them all.
Agree about this. And listen to them more than once.
>>
>>60892949
Sara' songs tend to be the catchiest ones tho.
>>
File: ts.jpg (36 KB, 350x217) Image search: [Google]
ts.jpg
36 KB, 350x217
>>60893076
I'd say that I Run Empty is even more emotional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLSxeA4qG8
>>
>>60895673
Maybe "Someday". I like it but it's my least listened song from Sainthood.
>>
File: tegan_ and_sarah.gif (954 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tegan_ and_sarah.gif
954 KB, 500x281
lyrically sara, shes not that straightforward and i like that
vocally sara, tegan might be compared on albums with her banamwamps and wanampwams, definitely not live
looks sara, she is innocent looking one with twisted fucking psychopath stare

still tegan would be better as wife, as a waif sara is top idol
>>
File: Sara thumbs up.jpg (55 KB, 500x607) Image search: [Google]
Sara thumbs up.jpg
55 KB, 500x607
>>60902541
>>
>>60892188
I must check that Get Along DVD sometimes.
>>
File: 1364847847566.gif (496 KB, 245x212) Image search: [Google]
1364847847566.gif
496 KB, 245x212
did they finally announce release date of the new album or not?
>>
>>60904025
Yeah, you definitely should. Every T&S fan should. It's amazing.
>>
>>60904840
No. They just mentioned that they finished it. If I would be in their place I would release it in the first months of 2016.
>>
File: 188.png (213 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
188.png
213 KB, 642x361
>>60904840
>>60905411
If I were to guess I would say they announce the album release date in late January and tour dates in mid February. I'd say the album comes out in late spring and the tour starts in mid summer.
>>
File: D1r3sbuuo2_250.gif (471 KB, 160x140) Image search: [Google]
D1r3sbuuo2_250.gif
471 KB, 160x140
>>60906159
why would they wait so long if its finished, they are under warner bros after all. Id guess it will come out in january, with first single between xmas and new year, videoclip right after then us/canada tour and spring/summer world tour
>>
File: 190.png (331 KB, 560x607) Image search: [Google]
190.png
331 KB, 560x607
>>60906416
Because albums rarely come out a single month after they're finished. There's a bunch of stuff that has to get finalized after an album is done with its actual production stages. All sorts of deals have to be made with retailers. They have to press hundreds of thousands and potentially millions of copies, especially if the album sells fast. It's kind of standard procedure. Not to mention finalizing bookings for every date of an international/world tour takes a lot of time and work.

Either way, we don't have much longer to wait. The album should be out pretty soon no matter what.
>>
>>60902541
This makes sense in some strange way.
>>
File: 177.png (125 KB, 552x367) Image search: [Google]
177.png
125 KB, 552x367
>>60902455
Now THAT's surprising to me. Usually people I talk to call that a favorite.
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (2).jpg (60 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (2).jpg
60 KB, 612x612
>>60908377
that's usually because a lot of people have emotional ties to the song; the lyrics are super charged.
>mark my words, I might be something someday.
>>
File: 179.png (472 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
179.png
472 KB, 600x505
>>60908845
That's what I figured. I have four songs of theirs that are like that.
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (4).png (507 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (4).png
507 KB, 640x960
>>60908927
In what sense?
For me, it's songs I associate with a girl (and it's a lot of fucking songs).
>>
File: 151.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>60908966
There's a bunch of stuff for me, man. Women have to do with plenty of it, particularly my last girlfriend. I have a few of their songs tied to bad periods. I had bad drugs problems, alcohol problems, and bad legal problems stemming from all that. A few years ago I was in and out of jail over it. During a particularly rough patch my girlfriend left me out of nowhere, even though I'd been there for her through her crazy times, which was very painful. Songs like Light Up, Soil, Soil, Divided, Don't Confess, among some others were songs I listened to a lot to help me through and they have deep emotional connections for me because of it.

Fortunately I never lost the best job I've ever had and got most of my shit back together but some T&S songs are very personal because of that. Light Up and Divided are particularly difficult. I feel like those songs just go well with a drink.

I didn't mean to get too heavy on you there, man. Regardless, those songs are absolutely ones I call favorites. Just because I don't listen to them too often doesn't mean they aren't songs I hold dear. Quite the opposite.
>>
File: 005.jpg (139 KB, 595x396) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
139 KB, 595x396
>>60908377
It's my least listened song from Sainthood but that still means a lot of plays. Sainthood & Heartthrob are my fave T&S albums after all.
>>
File: 145.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>60909497
Oh, I feel that. By saying it was surprising I didn't mean for that to come off as criticism if it did. What would you say your favorite songs from those albums are?
>>
>>60891998
As good as this is I think the studio version is better on this one.
>>
File: Tegan and Sara (2).png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Tegan and Sara (2).png
1 MB, 640x960
>>60909306
>I didn't mean to get too heavy on you there, man.
nah man, it's fine. It's always interesting to know how T&S songs affect different fans.
>>60909497
then you must be super excited for LP8.
>>
File: 129.png (150 KB, 449x299) Image search: [Google]
129.png
150 KB, 449x299
>>60911232
>nah man, it's fine. It's always interesting to know how T&S songs affect different fans.
Yeah. I'm always interested to here stories from other fans as well. Just like me you said you associated some with a particular girl too. Any story? Bad experience?

You know what, come to think of it, how about the rest of you? Now that I've laid mine out there, what T&S songs hit you the hardest emotionally, and why? Sugar, spell it out.
>>
File: 1412042818274.gif (821 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
1412042818274.gif
821 KB, 500x247
>>60909306
i feel you, breh.
>>
File: 17.gif (2 MB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
17.gif
2 MB, 350x400
>>60912236
Thanks, man. How about you? Do you have any songs that hit you for a particular reason?

>that gif
Sexy. I love the Call It Off video. It's probably the simplest video they have but it works well for the song.
>>
File: Tegan monster chasing Sara.gif (978 KB, 490x328) Image search: [Google]
Tegan monster chasing Sara.gif
978 KB, 490x328
>>60912608
nothing that profound worthy of note but i have listened to So Jealous on repeat one month in the summer years ago because i was going through some stuff.
>>
File: 36.png (486 KB, 442x666) Image search: [Google]
36.png
486 KB, 442x666
>>60912900
Any reason is reason enough for feels, anon. So Jealous is the perfect album for that kind of thing.
>>
File: dancing together.gif (1004 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
dancing together.gif
1004 KB, 370x278
>>60911496
There was this girl, she was my Creative Writing professor; she was the object of my unrequited love. I started to listen to Tegan and Sara in the time the class was winding down but I started to associate certain songs with her. I fell into love with her, or the image of her so I spent the summer writing a series of letters to her because of a bunch of reasons (she motivated me to be a better writer, to take an English major, to continue working on my craft).
Nineteen and Call It Off - "Maybe I would have been something you've been good at.. but now, we'll never know". Almost every goddamn song on Heartthrob. And Darling and Don't Confess. Northshore (my misery is so addictive), The Ocean, Someday. I Know I Know I Know, Downtown, and I Can't Take It. My Number. and almost everything on Under Feet Like Ours.

I recently delivered the letters to her.
>>
File: Tegan approves.gif (981 KB, 499x289) Image search: [Google]
Tegan approves.gif
981 KB, 499x289
>>60913707
>I recently delivered the letters to her.

good luck with that, phamalam.
>>
File: go please stay.gif (2 MB, 497x233) Image search: [Google]
go please stay.gif
2 MB, 497x233
>>60913842
thanks anon, but I didn't leave any contact information. there's no way for her to contact me. I just wanted to let her know how gorgeous I thought she was.
but anyway.
here are some gifs i made.
>>
File: tegan trying not to laugh.gif (2 MB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
tegan trying not to laugh.gif
2 MB, 500x496
2/3
>>
File: t&s facial expressions.gif (2 MB, 497x494) Image search: [Google]
t&s facial expressions.gif
2 MB, 497x494
3/3
OMG GUYS, CHECK THEIR TWITTER/INSTAGRAM.
>>
File: 0077-1416716021098.jpg (392 KB, 2048x1467) Image search: [Google]
0077-1416716021098.jpg
392 KB, 2048x1467
>>60914098
>>60914120
amazing!!!
>>
File: LP8 IS DONE.jpg (193 KB, 923x601) Image search: [Google]
LP8 IS DONE.jpg
193 KB, 923x601
I'LL JUST POST THE SCREENCAP.
LP8 IS DONE, GUYS. EXPECT A RELEASE DATE SOON-ISH PROBABLY.
>>
File: 0026-1416475509897.jpg (306 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
0026-1416475509897.jpg
306 KB, 2048x1536
>>60914151
can't wait for it. i feel that Heartthrob was one of their lesser quality albums. i think it's just because they were just so literal with the lyrics in most of the songs which was incredibly unappealing. still a good album though.

i'm excited that they will dish out something new and amazing.

>Sara has long hair now
no. fucking. way.
>>
File: dat smirk.gif (918 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
dat smirk.gif
918 KB, 480x320
>>60914215
yeah I know. it's weird/creepy but I needed to tell her.
>>60914241
I'M SO EXCITED.
>>
File: 16.jpg (75 KB, 600x819) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
75 KB, 600x819
>>60913707
I feel that, man. I take it this was pretty recently then. In situations like that it's natural to associate the lyrics with it.

>(she motivated me to be a better writer, to take an English major, to continue working on my craft)
If there's anything to take from that, then she's definitely been an impact in your life in a positive way, even if it's not the way you wanted it. It still hurts. I've never had that with a professor, but I definitely had my time with women that were just out of my reach.

>Nineteen and Call It Off - "Maybe I would have been something you've been good at.. but now, we'll never know". Almost every goddamn song on Heartthrob. And Darling and Don't Confess. Northshore (my misery is so addictive), The Ocean, Someday. I Know I Know I Know, Downtown, and I Can't Take It. My Number. and almost everything on Under Feet Like Ours.
Definitely. It hits me the same, especially T&S lyrics that relate to things that could have been different. Tegan and Sara always have a way with lyrics that deal with lost love/love that never could be, don't they? The line "Always thinkin I could have been something" kills me because for a long time I felt like a failure and that I let everybody down with my drug use, etc, but also just in general. If I was different, maybe people would see something worth loving in me. I can apply that to experiences with women in the past too. Maybe I did the same with "lay back, and light up," so I wouldn't have to feel so guilty all the time. I don't know, but I do know how powerful those songs can be for us all no matter what we're going through.

>I recently delivered the letters to her.
Oh, man. Whatever you hope to accomplish with that, I do wish you luck. Whether it's to thank her for inspiring you to be a better writer or just to get everything you've been feeling off your chest, that takes balls, dude.
>>
File: 1449032561855.gif (857 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449032561855.gif
857 KB, 400x400
>>60914215
FUCK YEAH!

that was actually good.
>>
File: bloom pants.gif (915 KB, 460x360) Image search: [Google]
bloom pants.gif
915 KB, 460x360
>>60914215
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0CYnFSEC6cC

i'm listening to it on repeat.
>>
File: sara shakes.gif (497 KB, 162x184) Image search: [Google]
sara shakes.gif
497 KB, 162x184
>>60914275
>she's definitely been an impact in your life in a positive way
this desu. She definitely influenced my life in a positive way but she unintentionally crushed me. It never got that bad but I was listening to an interview Tegan gave about the song "Dark Come Soon". It was something like: she had this girl she was interested in but she could only talk to her at night because her telephone plan activated after nine at night. She would call this girl and although they would talk for hours and she [Tegan] wouldn't get anywhere with this girl. This made her incredibly sad and she would lay on the floor and cry and although it was a terrible time for her, she would spend the entire day waiting for those late night phone calls.
>I do know how powerful those songs can be for us all no matter what we're going through.
this is so true, tegan and sara are amazing lyricists.
>I felt like a failure and that I let everybody down with my drug use, etc, but also just in general. If I was different, maybe people would see something worth loving in me.
this hit me in the feels man. how are you doing now? are you still struggling? have you been clean for a while? on the note of lyrics I think a lot about the song "I Just Need a Second" from the I'll Take the Blame EP.
>I like to think you think about me like I like to think about you
I wonder what she thinks of me, especially knowing what she knows now.
>that takes balls, dude.
thanks man, I really wanted to tell her how important she was to me.
>>
File: 35.jpg (42 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
42 KB, 500x449
>>60914447
>this desu. She definitely influenced my life in a positive way but she unintentionally crushed me. It never got that bad but I was listening to an interview Tegan gave about the song "Dark Come Soon". It was something like: she had this girl she was interested in but she could only talk to her at night because her telephone plan activated after nine at night. She would call this girl and although they would talk for hours and she [Tegan] wouldn't get anywhere with this girl. This made her incredibly sad and she would lay on the floor and cry and although it was a terrible time for her, she would spend the entire day waiting for those late night phone calls.
That hurts to read. I've had plenty of nights like this for a number of reasons. I'm sure we all have every now and then.
>this hit me in the feels man. how are you doing now? are you still struggling? have you been clean for a while? on the note of lyrics I think a lot about the song "I Just Need a Second" from the I'll Take the Blame EP.
Thanks, man. I'm still sorting out some of the easier end of my legal shit, but that's nothing. Overall, I have to say I'm doing pretty great. I still have my occasional night of drinking, but that's pretty rare, like once in a few months as opposed to getting completely hammered on a nightly basis like I used to. I haven't used any other drug in almost two years now. I came out the other side and I knew some people who didn't, so I consider myself very fortunate. I sit here tonight healthy and happy, and that's what matters.

>I wonder what she thinks of me, especially knowing what she knows now.
I hear you man. Did she ever know you had a thing for her?

>thanks man, I really wanted to tell her how important she was to me.
You're welcome, I say that because it's true. No matter what comes of it, you will be proud of yourself for having let it off your chest. You will be happier one way or another because of it. I want nothing but happiness for you guys.
>>
File: 1413251062689.gif (479 KB, 242x212) Image search: [Google]
1413251062689.gif
479 KB, 242x212
>>60914338
whoa whow whoa there, did that deleted post include that link? Is what playing in that link stuff from the new album? If so, i like it.
>>
File: 0173-1419036539383.jpg (1 MB, 1600x2397) Image search: [Google]
0173-1419036539383.jpg
1 MB, 1600x2397
>>60913707
if you both weren't English professionals i would have said that what you did was a questionable move because you should've been more direct but i'm sure you wrote something lovely in those letters.

would you mind posting them?
>>
>>60914792
>would you mind posting them?
Eh, that's probably kind of private, mate.
>>
File: 1449023395682.gif (938 KB, 390x292) Image search: [Google]
1449023395682.gif
938 KB, 390x292
>>60914791
ikr? it sounds The Con-esque so that automatically made me hyped as all fuck.
>>
>>60914837
it was worth a shot. we're all anons here.
>>
File: tegan clutches shirt.gif (987 KB, 403x266) Image search: [Google]
tegan clutches shirt.gif
987 KB, 403x266
>>60914651
so today I learned that to-be-honest changes to desu, wtf. anyway.
>>60914651
> I sit here tonight healthy and happy
das it mang.
>Did she ever know you had a thing for her?
maybe? I wrote one short story about this guy who meets a girl on the train and I describe the girl as my professor. If she made the connection, she didn't say anything about it. But even if she didn't know, my letters to her are as clear as day.
>I want nothing but happiness for you guys.
:')
>>
dykes lmao
>>
File: side hugs.gif (498 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
side hugs.gif
498 KB, 500x221
>>60914791
>>60914857
i think it was Oak who cockteases us with demos from New Orleans during the production of Sainthood.
>>60914792
>if you both weren't English professionals
I don't follow. But if you'd like I could post them. I'd have to change names and some locations but if you REALLY wanted to read it, I could.
>>60914837
While yes it is a private issue, I genuinely believe my delivery of the letters is the end of whatever between us.

more gifs in the mean time.
>>
File: Tegan reflecting.jpg (294 KB, 1544x1024) Image search: [Google]
Tegan reflecting.jpg
294 KB, 1544x1024
>>60914918
i just meant that you writing letters to her relates to your relationship with her and if you don't mind.
>>
File: 28.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
>>60914878
>so today I learned that to-be-honest changes to desu, wtf. anyway.
lol

>maybe? I wrote one short story about this guy who meets a girl on the train and I describe the girl as my professor. If she made the connection, she didn't say anything about it. But even if she didn't know, my letters to her are as clear as day.

>>60914918
>i think it was Oak who cockteases us with demos from New Orleans during the production of Sainthood.
>Oak
Yeah hang on a minute where is that guy? I could use some more shredded Tegan and Sara drawings in my life right now.

>While yes it is a private issue, I genuinely believe my delivery of the letters is the end of whatever between us.
How long ago were you her student?
>>
>>60914878
>>60915256
>maybe? I wrote one short story about this guy who meets a girl on the train and I describe the girl as my professor. If she made the connection, she didn't say anything about it. But even if she didn't know, my letters to her are as clear as day.
Oops, meant to say something about that. Anyway I'm sure she appreciates that. Writing a short story to her kind of drives home that she helped influence you in your writing. That goes a long way.
>>
File: ask a grown woman a question.gif (2 MB, 393x397) Image search: [Google]
ask a grown woman a question.gif
2 MB, 393x397
>>60915108
I don't but it's pretty late on my end so I'm going to turn in and I'll post a link to the documents sometime tomorrow.
>>60915256
>Yeah hang on a minute where is that guy?
I think he posted twice and deleted both posts.
>>60915256
>How long ago were you her student?
that's the strange thing, it was just one semester but she taught me so much and she made me push myself so hard to be better.
>>
File: 3.gif (753 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
753 KB, 500x266
>>60915735
>I don't but it's pretty late on my end so I'm going to turn in and I'll post a link to the documents sometime tomorrow.
Ay fuck it I'll read em then. Night man.

>that's the strange thing, it was just one semester but she taught me so much and she made me push myself so hard to be better.
Well whatever you do just don't forget about everything she taught you. Sounds like a great teacher.
>>
File: 5.gif (985 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
985 KB, 245x245
>>60915108
That is some high-octane side boob right there.
>>
File: ts.jpg (105 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
ts.jpg
105 KB, 625x625
>>60909825
Hard to tell, because I love all those songs more or less. But I'll try anyway...

>Sainthood
Northshore
Red Belt
The Cure
Alligator
The Ocean

>Heartthrob
Drove Me Wild
Shock to Your System
Closer
Love They Say
I'm Not Your Hero
>>
>>60917839
I'd say those Heartthrob picks are almost right on down the line with mine.
>>
File: 1387845654667.jpg (217 KB, 947x1280) Image search: [Google]
1387845654667.jpg
217 KB, 947x1280
nice to see these threads still exist

Underwater remains the GOAT song
>>
File: 3.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
We're not done yet, lads.
>>
File: 1412042543344.gif (697 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1412042543344.gif
697 KB, 400x388
>>60918932
>not Living Room

jk but seriously i've seen people's least favorite song off IIWY is Underwater and i don't see it. it's a decent song.
>>
File: 1.jpg (47 KB, 605x799) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
47 KB, 605x799
>>60920531
I listed Underwater as one of my least favorite songs from IIWY, at least my least favorite Sara song from the album. I love it, but it's hard for me to say that it's better than any of her others on the album.
>>
File: 1412042543345.jpg (36 KB, 368x446) Image search: [Google]
1412042543345.jpg
36 KB, 368x446
>>60921509
but Tegan sang it

>i'll be writing love songs, silly banging knee songs
pretty gud.
>>
File: 5.png (202 KB, 859x389) Image search: [Google]
5.png
202 KB, 859x389
>>60921752
Whoever sang it, Sara still wrote it, so I bill it as one of her songs.
>>
File: Hayley & Tegan Quin.png (496 KB, 607x612) Image search: [Google]
Hayley & Tegan Quin.png
496 KB, 607x612
What do you think, Hayley from Paramore collaborated with T&S on their new album?
>>
>>60921912
I'll give anything of theirs a shot, but I am not a fan of Paramore or Williams.
>>
>>60918932
every week man
>>
>>60922006
You should give Paramore more chances. Their latest album Paramore is quite close to T&S' style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPUDb23CdZY
>>
>>60885422
I don't think I have a "least favourite album". I've listened to a lot of bullshit albums, but I don't categorise them.
>>
>>60923384
I think I will if you think I should, but I'm just not sold on them.
>>
File: 1412042543346.jpg (18 KB, 339x371) Image search: [Google]
1412042543346.jpg
18 KB, 339x371
>stop listening to Tegan and Sara for months
>suddenly think Sara is the better twin

>start listening to Tegan and Sara regularly now
>suddenly think Tegan is the better twin

what is this wiccan magick
>>
>>60923900
The struggle is real.
>>
>>60923900
Hard to decide which one is the better twin.
>>
File: 10outof10wouldmarry.jpg (363 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
10outof10wouldmarry.jpg
363 KB, 1024x768
Old /t&s/bro from back in the day checking in, Seems I'm pretty late to this week's party, but I'm amazed you guys have kept the thread going this long.

I just wanted to give it up to JonSnow, because holy shit, that's a lot of time and effort making those write-ups for every album. It was fun reading them, man. I always appreciate when fans really dig into the music.
>>
File: 1448989450884.jpg (528 KB, 1270x1599) Image search: [Google]
1448989450884.jpg
528 KB, 1270x1599
>>60924797
yooo! i think it was revived 2-3 weeks ago. despite it not being a listen-along i'm still amped that we have these threads now.

we're all waiting in anticipation for the LP8.
>>
File: 1.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>60925545
I'm willing to bet that LP8 will come in the first half of 2016.
>>
File: 1412043078243.gif (378 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1412043078243.gif
378 KB, 500x250
>>60924630
nah, man. a few years ago i legit thought she was fugly. i even skipped some of her songs on certain albums. now i think i have a balance between the two tho.
>>
File: 1417456129746.png (2 MB, 1550x1024) Image search: [Google]
1417456129746.png
2 MB, 1550x1024
Might listen to Under Feet Like Ours today senpai. Haven't listened to it in like a year
>>
File: if i don't move it'll stop.gif (964 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
if i don't move it'll stop.gif
964 KB, 340x372
>>60921752
easily my favorite line in the that song, that or
>I would go to jail with only boys, just to prove I was as tough as you
>>60921912
I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything together since they did the Honda Civic tour and Para-Hoy a few times.
>>60923900
>>60923987 gets it right on the head, the struggle is something we all deal with.
>>60924797
>I just wanted to give it up to JonSnow, because holy shit, that's a lot of time and effort making those write-ups for every album. It was fun reading them, man. I always appreciate when fans really dig into the music.
OH STOP IT, YOU. I enjoy doing these write-ups and probably when the semester ends, I'm devote time to listening to each album meticulously and detailing what I like/dislike about each song.
>>60925658
probably. I'm thinking like March or so, sometime around there.

for those of you who are interested, I'm still in the process of finding a place to host some t&s content. if I don't have it up and running before this thread dies, I'll post it in the next Monday Monday Monday thread. It'll probably be a tumblr with my write-ups, my letters, and some T&S gifs and songs. Last thread I found a link to my mega collection of Tegan and Sara demos and live stuff and I'll probably be posting those links as soon as I get it running.
IN THE MEAN TIME, some questions!
>favorite T&S music video
>favorite alligator remix
>favorite closer remix
>why is morgan page so based?
... it's all I can come up with right now :^)
>>
File: 1405816983212.gif (973 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1405816983212.gif
973 KB, 400x226
>>
bumpo
>>
>>60931081
It's not Monday fuck off
>>
File: fuck you .gif (253 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
fuck you .gif
253 KB, 250x188
>>60931150
same
>>
File: 12.gif (220 KB, 186x156) Image search: [Google]
12.gif
220 KB, 186x156
>>60927029
>for those of you who are interested, I'm still in the process of finding a place to host some t&s content. if I don't have it up and running before this thread dies, I'll post it in the next Monday Monday Monday thread.
Fuck it if you post it, I'll read it.

>favorite T&S music video
I changed my mind, now it's Call It Off.

>>60931150
lol
>>
File: 40.jpg (28 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
28 KB, 500x518
>>60926760
I'm thinking I might do the same. Aside from songs like Divided, whenever I want to hear a song from UFLO, I usually prefer the TBoA version anyway. I neglected giving Heartthrob serious attention for quite a while, but now it's on equal footing with their other albums for me. I should do the same with UFLO.
>>
>>60932058
I listened to it a couple of hours ago. While nothing was bad, I wouldn't say there was a great track from it. It was still pleasant.
>>
File: 38.jpg (1 MB, 2368x1548) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
1 MB, 2368x1548
>>60932717
The thing about UFLO to me is that the tracks that I do think are highlights on it I think were either done better on This Business of Art, Get Along, or some other some other live performance. I love it for its own charm but it does sometimes come off as an album of demos of songs that hadn't been completely fleshed out yet. This Business of Art to me always sounded more like their proper professional debut album.
>>
File: LOOK AT THAT NECKLACE.jpg (85 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
LOOK AT THAT NECKLACE.jpg
85 KB, 500x667
I'm still working on the uploads since I'm gonna be uploading their entire discography to Mega. I'm posting the link to the letters now if anyone wants to read. Chances I'm turning in for the night and I'm not sure this thread will be around by the time I get home after class. So if anything, just wait for the next Monday Monday Monday thread or keep an eye on the tumblr for links.
if it dies, thanks for the thread guys, it's been real.
>>
File: 2.gif (457 KB, 395x246) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
457 KB, 395x246
>>60932940
I'll read them whenever you post them, but if you wait until next week's or at least also post them in next week's thread, you'll probably get more reads/discussion, cause this one looks like it's finally winding down.

What I'm saying is post them now if you want, but you should definitely be sure to post them in next week's too.
>>
I finally got around to giving Heartthrob a few more listens and I think I'm starting to come round to it. Just in time for the new album too.
>>
>>60932846
I think my favorite tracks on UFLO were probably the ones that were re-worked on their next album

>>60932940
Awesome of you to upload their discog senpai. I think there's already a complete discography of their discog on the archive. The only thing that I remember is that Heartthrob was only in flac, but it was pretty easy to find a non flac version of it via blogspot
>>
>>60933194
That happened to me with Heartthrob for about a couple weeks after it came out. After that it came around for me hard.
>>
>>60890688
Someday is the GOAT T&S song for me.
>>
>>60891009
>>60891130
Are these available anywhere? I didn't even know they existed.
>>
How come they produce so many films? Is it a Canadian government kick back thing?
>>
File: no.jpg (35 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
35 KB, 500x281
>>60933851
It would probably make my top 10. It's definitely the only song of theirs that sounds quite like it. I was blown away the first time I heard it and it still gives me chills.
>>
>>60933930
>Is it a Canadian government kick back thing?
I always forget that this is even a thing.
>>
Does their sexuality still get played up a lot by journalists? It doesn't really seem particularly relevant and distracts from their obvious talent, but it used to get brought up all the time.
>>
File: 0064-1416661401352.jpg (3 MB, 2784x1856) Image search: [Google]
0064-1416661401352.jpg
3 MB, 2784x1856
>>60935542
their sexuality or political views aren't used in their music except for some songs referring to a her or she. the fans and the media love to attach titles of representatives to the LGBQT community on artists just because they can when it's irrelevant.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-10-04-00-13.png (145 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-10-04-00-13.png
145 KB, 720x1280
Guys I think Oak has a crush on me

Also drunk before the Sleater Kinney show had even started, for shame Oak

Also I really hope LP8 sounds markedly different from Heartthrob. Not just because I wasn't the biggest fan of Heartthrob, but because there's a clear evolution in sound between all of their albums
>>
File: point and laugh tegan.jpg (95 KB, 1174x783) Image search: [Google]
point and laugh tegan.jpg
95 KB, 1174x783
>>60936925
>owning android
>worthy of a crush

please...
>>
File: 0058-1416660970554.jpg (1 MB, 2969x2741) Image search: [Google]
0058-1416660970554.jpg
1 MB, 2969x2741
>>60936925
>Also I really hope LP8 sounds markedly different from Heartthrob.

see: >>60914338

it does sound different.
>>
File: br.jpg (78 KB, 1245x703) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
78 KB, 1245x703
>>60935542
Not really, that would get seriously annoying after a while.
>>
File: tumblr_lhni4vT0VH1qg8fl2o1_500.jpg (50 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lhni4vT0VH1qg8fl2o1_500.jpg
50 KB, 418x600
>>60933109
You will like it even more if you keep listening to it.
>>
File: sara.jpg (270 KB, 1320x1760) Image search: [Google]
sara.jpg
270 KB, 1320x1760
>>60932940
Bigger pic.
>>
File: gyrating.gif (965 KB, 434x347) Image search: [Google]
gyrating.gif
965 KB, 434x347
>>60933194
That's interesting, I generally liked the more acoustic feel of the songs in UFLO than the revamped versions in TBoA. Which album did you listen to first, UFLO or TBoA? I started from the beginning of their discography so that explain why I'm so attached to their first record.
>>60933885
The album advances? Yep, I own two of them! Discogs and periodically eBay has their advances on sale. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the This Business of Art album advance when I had the chance. I'm also pretty sure Sainthood had an album advance but I don't think Heartthrob or UFLO did.
>>60935542
Not anymore: in the early years of their career (going back late as the So Jealous era) during their tour in Europe, a lot of the English press was super misogynistic and homophobic. In the So Jealous book, the band jokingly read the reviews in British accents but Sara couldn't take it and left the room crying.
>>60936925
I think it's gonna be Sainthood; it's still gonna be poppy and have keyboards but there'll be more guitars.
>>60939332
COOL.

my post are the links!
>>
File: tegan with truth bombs.gif (945 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tegan with truth bombs.gif
945 KB, 500x281
My *next* post are the links, I'm dumb.

Here are the links to my collection of their discographies.
Jon Snow’s Collection of Sara and Tegan - my collection of demos, live songs, collaborations with some artists, remixes, and more!
https://mega.nz/#!Y0gUBTYI!xxbDqxWmkzyGHIPShMtDBrvjCkXS1slFj3o0rKHBCZc

Jon Snow’s Collection of Tegan and Sara - their entire discography from Under Feet Like Ours to Hearrthrob, with B-Sides!
https://mega.nz/#!VowADZSI!KuCvCy_Eq8vokJDoeCnJbYLxzXrnNXfMfUkDYhGnd3w

This is the link to my tumblr where I'll occasionally post .gifs, write-ups about T&S songs/albums and maybe about Leah if there are any updates. I'll post the links to every Monday x3 thread but in case I forget, the links to the discographies will always be here.
http://theanonjonsnow.tumblr.com/

I guess you could say THIS IS EVERYTHING.
>>
File: 256.jpg (71 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
256.jpg
71 KB, 640x640
>>60940338
Thanks bro!
>>
File: 1448308470173.gif (984 KB, 286x300) Image search: [Google]
1448308470173.gif
984 KB, 286x300
>>60940338
>https://mega.nz/#!VowADZSI!KuCvCy_Eq8vokJDoeCnJbYLxzXrnNXfMfUkDYhGnd3w

much appreciated anon! <3 :*
>>
File: 1448413261175.jpg (22 KB, 203x297) Image search: [Google]
1448413261175.jpg
22 KB, 203x297
>>60940338
wew
>>
File: nv6092Kj6J1qjam95o3_250.gif (699 KB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
nv6092Kj6J1qjam95o3_250.gif
699 KB, 160x200
>mfw tegan acquired cali/kardashian accent
>>
File: 1443682211635.jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1443682211635.jpg
63 KB, 600x400
>>60885422
>2 days 16 hours ago

how do you do it Senpai
>>
File: t&s.jpg (143 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
t&s.jpg
143 KB, 624x420
>>60939973
>That's interesting, I generally liked the more acoustic feel of the songs in UFLO than the revamped versions in TBoA. Which album did you listen to first, UFLO or TBoA? I started from the beginning of their discography so that explain why I'm so attached to their first record.
I listened to UFLO first. That was a long time ago. I heard The Con first, then got their whole discography and just listened in order from the beginning.

>>60940338
Cool, now you got me wanting to read these.
>>
File: tumblr_nz5b5mDxBn1rho9f6o7_1280.jpg (270 KB, 768x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz5b5mDxBn1rho9f6o7_1280.jpg
270 KB, 768x800
>>60941617
What?
>>
File: qwe.jpg (99 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
qwe.jpg
99 KB, 612x612
>>60941758
I know I'm a fucking professional, right? I made last week's thread too and it did the same thing.

I'm gonna have to figure out a system for this shit. At the rate that these are going, by the time this shit capsizes it'll already almost be Monday again.
>>
Hey guys this is fred durst, you got any questions ask away, please note im very new to this 4chan thing
>>
File: 0006-1416462614865.jpg (840 KB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
0006-1416462614865.jpg
840 KB, 3872x2592
>>60940338
>https://mega.nz/#!VowADZSI!KuCvCy_Eq8vokJDoeCnJbYLxzXrnNXfMfUkDYhGnd3w
you're missing the Love Type Thing bonus track on So Jealous.
>>
File: sara's hair.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sara's hair.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>60941976
it's in the Sara and Tegan Collection; under Demos under So Jealous X: Bonus Audio. The track is in there.
I originally had Love Type Thing at the end of So Jealous but decided to remove it and keep the one on the So Jealous X CD instead.
>>
File: 0148-1417551924378.jpg (87 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0148-1417551924378.jpg
87 KB, 1920x1080
>>60942287
oo gotcha. thanks again for the uploads btw. as the other anon said in the thread, i also didn't know the advance versions existed.
>>
File: 1445889507101.jpg (60 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1445889507101.jpg
60 KB, 612x612
When can we get Oak and Bodenbel(?) back? Also, what happen to the Taylor Swift generals?
>>
File: 1398753245393.jpg (126 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1398753245393.jpg
126 KB, 640x640
>>60892942
>tfw Tegan could not you out but you'd probably just cum and then whimper in pain.
>tfw it could, but it didn't
>tfw it never will
>>
>>60942314
I don't have them for any real reason other than aesthetic; there's nothing different about these albums for the regular studio releases?

Image limit has been hit, thanks guys it's been real.
>>
>>60943230
>Image limit has been hit, thanks guys it's been real.
As always. Every Monday, man. Every Monday.
>>
>>60942925
All dead I think ...
>>
News about Sara: http://www.thewrap.com/tegan-and-saras-sara-quin-to-compose-first-film-score-for-clea-duvalls-the-intervention/
>>
Let's keep this thread until it reaches Friday. A new record.
>>
>>60944522
I wasn't aware you could still bump after image limits.
>>
>>60944729
You can. No more pics tho.
>>
>>60939973
I was the guy you responded to, I listened to their stuff in chronological order. I think i said that i prefer the TBoA versions over the UFLO ones because I remembered liking the newer album over the prior one when listening to their discog in order (except heartthrob, I still prefer Sainthood over that one). Plus, I haven't listened TBoA in forever. I just listed to UFLO yesterday while not listening to it in over a year
>>
>>60943230
i meant the other bonuses from the other link. my bad.
>>
I have a lot of T&S pics. Anyone interested?
>>
>>60945844
if you have got them in a dl link, sure
>>
>>60945867
I didn't upload them yet. I think I'll share them next Monday, there's still a bit of work to do (organizing them).
>>
god why do I love them so much, everything I learned on /pol/ tells its wrong..
>>
>>60946878
>everything I learned on /pol/
The most important thing: don't visit that shithole.
>>
Mobile posting
>>60944511
So proud and happy for her!
>>60945141
Oh okay, I thought that you might have a preference to the record you hear first but apparently it's just me.
>>60946878
>going to /pol/ in the first place
There's your first mistake.
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 151

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.