[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see a thread about my favorite album >get excited to share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: TfO2nTv.png (713 KB, 672x635) Image search: [Google]
TfO2nTv.png
713 KB, 672x635
>see a thread about my favorite album
>get excited to share my love for the album with others
>everyone is shitting on it and meming it
>delete it from my computer and pretend I never heard it

Does anyone else do the same?
>>
>>60884610
i listen exclusively to meme albums
>>
>>60884610
Why the actual fuck would anyone do that?
>>
iktf

i used to love cardiacs until /mu/ warned me that tryhard sporkfags listen to them
>>
No. I don't take what children on this board say seriously. Who cares dude?
>>
>>60884610
>>60884638
>>60884645

epic meme sequence this has never before happened on /mu/ we are witnessing breakthroughs in musical discussion here folks
>>
>>60884610
dumb frogposter
>>
>>60884752
>>60884752
HOW am I dumb for posting a frog

explain ur reasons
>>
sometimes i talk shit about albums and genres i love so the easy swayed autists here dont start listening to it. Most of the ppl that post here are digusting scum of the earth beings
>>
>>60884764
>he can't immediately see why it's a bad idea
frogposters, everyone.
>>
>>60884830
this to the max
>>
>>60884610
Are you like 15 or what? You shouldn't be so insecure about your own tastes, bud.
Also disliking artists or albums because they're memes is retarded and goes against one of the most basic and important aspects of discussing music, which is to not let your opinion be influenced by popularity, prejudice and shit that shouldn't matter when you're listening to the music itself.

>>60884830
>Most of the ppl that post here are digusting scum of the earth beings
But /mu/ is easily the best of the larger main media boards on 4chan. At least here you can actually have proper on topic discussions, which is near impossible on boards like /v/ or /tv/.
>>
>>60885231
>At least here you can actually have proper on topic discussions
You can, but it's rare. Even if it is one of the better of the larger media boards here, it's not great, or even good; all the memeing here is difficult to sift through for those who actually want to discuss music. Doesn't matter if it's Soundtracks for the Blind or Yeezus; /mu/ will meme an album so hard that little to no discussion can be had, and those poor fools who haven't heard either will do like I did a couple of years ago with ITAOTS and simply dismiss them as memes that got popular through shitposting alone.
>>
Fucking /mu/ is full of insecure faggots I swear

maybe this is why everyone in here likes shitty trash albums like most of death grips because their only characteristic is pretending to like something unique so they can be singular in their group

fucking pathetic
>>
File: 1383924287699.jpg (157 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1383924287699.jpg
157 KB, 480x640
>putting this much weight on /mu/'s opinion

all you mouthbreathers listen to is edgy ironic hipster trap rap bullshit and metrosexual faggots mumbling incoherent bullshit into a microphone while someone occasionally plucks a guitar string.
>>
Holy shit why is everyone actually taking the bait Jesus Christ mu I thought you were better than this
>>
File: 1354713743836.jpg (102 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
1354713743836.jpg
102 KB, 500x445
iktf bro

I used to have 600 gb of music I loved, now I'm down to the "Yeezy taught me"- bit from Blame Game, which I'm enjoying ironically
>>
>>60886104
Dunno about you, but I've had tons of actually good conversations with people on here about smaller or more specific subjects. Of course if you're gonna mention stuff like Swans, NMH, Death Grips people are going to talk shit all over, but that's because it became the norm to some. Also I don't see how it matters if people's opinions on albums or artists get influenced by memes. It's basically free publicity and you might as well take it as a shit filter. If someone actually knows their shit, they'll enjoy it anyways, and if they're dumb and underage with no opinion or solid tastes of their own, then they'll act like bitches, which means they wouldn't even bring anything important to discussions in the first place, no matter the topic.

I feel like with /mu/ the issue is more about "the negative voices being the loudest", rather than the entire community having a very low standard of quality in posts and content, which is the case with a bunch of other boards. Personally I'm a huge art cinefag, and it feels like shit to not be able to discuss shit properly anywhere, since /tv/ is 95% bad memes about tv shows and circlejerking over 90s cult film.

/mu/ is far from perfect, but sadly it's the best we can do, and considering its size and diversity, I think it's acceptable (barely).
>>
>>60884610
whom cares
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.