[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What album would you recommend to someone who has been deaf all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: soo ae.jpg (104 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
soo ae.jpg
104 KB, 1200x816
What album would you recommend to someone who has been deaf all his life untill now and has never heard music?
>>
Spirit of Eden/Laughing Stock/Mark Hollis
>>
The Beatles
>>
Cat Power

Covers

There's a lot of simple, beautiful shit on that album.
>>
deafheaven sunbather
>>
Merzbow
>>
Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot
>>
Lil B - God's Father
>>
>>60880691
Debbusy's La Mer
>>
>>60880691
listen to one of the most beautiful voices u will ever hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ICl20EJjY
>>
>>60880691
Ágætis byrjun is the best answer I've ever seen given in any of these threads.
>>
Yes - Close to the Edge

Seasons will pass you by.
>>
>>60881480
It's the first one that immediately came to me too.

But let's be realistic here...It's all downhill after that. You don't want to give them an unrealistic expectation and high standards for all music.
Just pick something mediocre to start off with and work your way up to the masterpieces of beauty like Agaetis Byrjun and Beethoven's 9th Symphony.
>>
>FLEX YOUR MUSCLES
>UUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH

Automatic patrician.
>>
listen to Earth 2 at unhealthy volumes until you go deaf again
>>
Probably some Bach
or
>>60880714
>>
Mingus - Mingus Mingus Mingus
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Yann Tiersen - Rue des cascades
Brian Eno - Another Green World
>>
bach sonatas

i mean i love swans and sigur ros and whatever but lets be real here
>>
>>60883113
There's no feeling in Bach's music. Debussy is superior by far.
>>
File: 1447711712012.png (253 KB, 568x638) Image search: [Google]
1447711712012.png
253 KB, 568x638
>>60880691
I want them to listen to Floyd.

Normalfags always freak out when they listen to Floyd for the first time.

They're not even that good
>>
>>60883495
The only reason they don't seem that good to you is that they aren't underrated. They put out a steady stream of incredible albums. If plebs didn't say they like them, their strengths would be apparent to you.
>>
I'd start with some bach, then move onto Mozart, through Beethoven and then onto some of the more complex stuff, maybe Tchaikovsky, Debussy, Liszt. Then I'd start them on 20th century popular and move through it in a similar way, the Beatles, Stones, etc all the way through to britpop & grunge, and then let them find their own way after that. I'd try to let my own personal taste to affect it as little as possible.
>>
Loveless
>>
>Everyone suggesting all their favourite obscure music from their meme genres

You do realise niche stuff is niche for a reason right? Let the person develop their own taste, don't force your ultra specific /mu/core onto them straight off the bat.
>>
File: 1447801916086.gif (2 MB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
1447801916086.gif
2 MB, 500x325
>>60883941
>don't force your ultra specific /mu/core onto them straight off the bat.

I'll forcefeed whoever the fuck I feel like.
>>
>>60883941
>DON'T SUGGEST WHAT YOU LIKE >:@@@
ok, man, whatever you say
>>
>>60883941
My suggestion was sincere.
>>
Bob Marley
>>
This is such a reddit topic, unless OP is that actual somebody recovering from deafness.

Anyway, my response is that I'd give the fucker a piano and a good instructor.
>>
>>60883827
This is the best answer. If given the chance you should give them a history lesson starting all the way back with rock banging or whatever the fuck the cave brahs jammed and ending with Dumb Dumb by RV.
>>
>>60883238
yes but let's talk about the class and the touch.
>>
>>60883238
>no feeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfYcuyUHY5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHk2GDs-0U
>>
>>60880691
How did they restore your hearing? Cochlear implants or do they have something better now?

Do you "get" speech yet?
>>
>>
>>60885269
Hee hoo hala baba bada?
>>
>>60885464
kek
>>
Selected Ambient Works Vol. 1
>>
>>60881180
This
>>
>>60880691
>tfw when no qt japanesse gf
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.