[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: a0622773824_10.jpg (493 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
a0622773824_10.jpg
493 KB, 900x900
What went wrong?
>>
>>60879757
No maymay cover
>>
>>60879757

nothing
>>
The fact that when they decided to slow it down and get quieter it was really underwhelming and poorly done.
Luna is a fucking god-tier deafheaven track though.
>>
errythng. worst pinkgaze album of the year
>>
File: new_bermuda.jpg (41 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
new_bermuda.jpg
41 KB, 624x352
>>60879769
basically

not only it couldn't compete with SUN BAT HER, it's just plain bad
>>
>>60879757
Not much, it's a huge improvement over sunbather
>>
Fantano didn't give it an 8
>>
They literally tried to surpass Sunbather by repeating it's formula with some heavier parts and more melodies, but came incredibly short. It's sad t b h
>>
Nothing really
It's a really good album
>>
>>60879757
i really like it, listened the 1st time today
anyone have a mega
>>
>>60879757
i like come back
>>
Didnt know they released another album. Listening now and its not bad from what i can tell.
>>
>>60879757
I listened to both of their albums for the first time recently and was unimpressed by both.
>>
>>60879757
>More radio friendly sound compared to earlier stuff
>Song structures are mostly the same across all five tracks
>Fade outs every song
>That fucking fade back in at the end of the first track like they forgot something
>That fucking wah wah pedal solo in the third track sounds out of place even with the more radio friendly sound they were going for
>Very anticlimactic final song

Overall it's like they read up on what people loved about Sunbather, cranked it all up to 11 by trying to incorporate those idea in every song on the album, and then spread the ideas too thin leading to a underwhelming album. Luna is one of the best songs they've done though.
>>
baby blue is such a good track
>>
File: fgt.jpg (205 KB, 1368x929) Image search: [Google]
fgt.jpg
205 KB, 1368x929
I really like the album, but I'm disappointed in the cleaner production style and obvious pandering to their metal audience. The thrashier riffs were cool, but seemed a little insincere and forced. I miss the perfect mix of sincerity and musicianship that their demo had.
>>60883019
I definitely think that George's vocals are more abrasive in terms of delivery and how their mixed on this release compared to any other. I would still rate memebather as their most radio friendly, although I understand where you're coming from. Again I think that's more just from the production than the actual songwriting, minus those thrashy riffs. Also, I really like the weird wah wah and slide parts. Kerry's strong suit is dialing in interesting tones, and those seemed to be fairly successful steps outside of his typical reverb laden comfort zone.

>tfw you love the 90's alt vibe of the last song but everyone thinks its shit
>pic related
>>
But I enjoyed all the songs op
>>
>>60883268

>90s alt vibe

I loved this, nobody else seemed to notice
>>
>>60883354
Seriously underrated.
>Those lyrics
>That vocal delivery
>That opening riff
>The way the heavier parts come in
>That warm ass bass
>Those catchy as fuck drums
>The way that it somehow got the best mix on the album
GOAT closer to be honest famalam
I feel like the h8rs are just Fantano fanboys
>>
>>60883579
song literally kills me every time i hear it

first time i listened to it i have never felt so satisfied with the ending to an album in my entire life

AOTY for me without a doubt
>>
File: DFHVNcover.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DFHVNcover.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>tfw you hear the first second of Luna
>tfw it reminds you of Language Games
>tfw 2011 was the best year in music and nothing will ever compare

It's so saddening. They get worse with every album.
>>
>>60879757
It's pretty good
I think sunbather and new bermuda are equally good
>>
>>60885406
That album cover seems like it was ripped off from Final Fantasy 4 artwork.
>>
>>60879757
>tfw no one talks about the lyrics
I think the lyrics on this album was way better than Sunbather.
Luna, Come Back and Gifts for the Earth are just down right depressing.
>>
>>60885406
the intro riff to luna is literally the same notes in the first chord in the intro to language games
>>
File: 1443032343296.jpg (79 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443032343296.jpg
79 KB, 600x600
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.