[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a record player, what records should i get? Classics,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: JshDpFX.jpg (240 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
JshDpFX.jpg
240 KB, 1600x1200
Just got a record player, what records should i get? Classics, new shit, any genre
>>
>>60876727
>Classics
get the only record you'll ever need

Merriweather Post-Trout Side of the Sea
>>
Shitheads like you give record collectors a bad name.

How about you get music you enjoy, for a start? Real hard stuff, dipshit.
>>
>>60876843
this.. wtf op?
>>
File: 311.png (148 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
311.png
148 KB, 311x311
>>60876727
digits say buy 10 copies of this
>>
>>60876843
>Shitheads like you give record collectors a bad name.

it's not like the blatantly elitist practice of collecting archaic media has a good name to begin with to be quite honest
>>
File: 51TR0Ldxc7L.jpg (56 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
51TR0Ldxc7L.jpg
56 KB, 497x500
>>60876727
>>
>>60876727
Get ️OK computer
>>
>>60876917
How is it elitist? A lot of media can only be found on records, and the popular stuff that's available elsewhere via repress is usually much cheaper used. I'm not big on buying new records anyway; that part never made a whole lot of sense to me. If it was originally recorded digitally, there's no real purpose for buying it on vinyl.
>>
>>60876727
I'd check out the BoC represses especially Hi Scores.
>>
>>60877006
>How is it elitist?
>>
>>60876843
hey man, I like a lot of music. The point of this was to just get some new music recommendations. How bout you just tell me what your favorite record is, I'll check it out and decide if i actually want to buy it.
>>
>>60877099
That's still a lazy way of pursuing musical interests.
>>
>>60877124
asking for new music to listen to is lazy? Okay, then how do you find new music? I'm actually pretty shit at finding new good music, so please, if asking people is wrong then what is the right way?
>>
>>60877190
RYM, Blogspots, looking at what bands my favorite bands are inspired by and pay with.
>>
>>60877536
*play with
>>
Get some taste instead
How does it feel to be devoid of any musical personality?
>>
File: Front.jpg (422 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
422 KB, 1400x1400
>>60876727
just get you're favorite albums. I have a copy of pic related that I really like
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.