[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2015 Grammy Nominees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
yikes
>>
Taylor's gonna get BTFO again
>>
>>60873430
>Courtney Barnett
>good
Seriously fucking stop this meme now
>>
File: 1363716070990.gif (2 MB, 200x293) Image search: [Google]
1363716070990.gif
2 MB, 200x293
>The Grammys

C'mon OP, this isn't 1987, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>60873430
>Record of the year
>Album of the year
>not the same thing

???
>>
why is record of the year and album of the year both?
>>
>>60873430
Literally who are the other people in best new artist apart from Barnett and Trainor?
I'm not even memeing, I have no fucking idea who they are
>>
>>60873459
>>60873470
Record of the Year is a song, not album. It's similar to Song of the Year but is more... fuck it, i don't know.
>>
>>60873459
>what are EPs

why is there no adele though?
>>
>>60873459
>>60873470
A record can be an album, an EP or a single, but you would assume it would be an album or single
>>
Taylor was 2014 wtf
>>
File: 1408743025045.jpg (20 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1408743025045.jpg
20 KB, 400x267
>Record of the Year is related to but is conceptually different from Song of the Year or Album of the Year:

>Record of the Year is awarded for a single or for one track from an album. This award goes to the performing artist, the producer, recording engineer and/or mixer for that song. In this sense, "record" means a particular recorded song, not its composition or an album of songs.

What the fuck?

>Song of the Year is also awarded for a single or individual track, but the recipient of this award is the songwriter who actually wrote the lyrics and/or melodies to the song. Thus, "song" in this context means the song as composed, not its recording.
>Album of the Year is awarded for a whole album, and the award is presented to the artist, producer, recording engineer, and mastering engineer for that album. So, in this context, "album" means a recorded collection of songs (a multi-track LP, CD, or download package), not the individual songs or their compositions.
>>
>>60873497
I think the cut-off is September, but she releases everything in October, so it pushes it back two years.
>>
RECORDS
>Panda Bear - Mr. Noah
> Nicolas Jaar - Pomegranates
>Neon Indian - VEGA INTL. Night School
>Mac Demarco - Another One

ALBUMS
>Fennec - Rip City
>Chvrches - Every Open Eye
>Beach House - Depression Cherry
>Machine Girl - Gemini

RELEASES
>Joanna Newsom - Divers
>Skylar Spence - Prom King
>Panda Bear - Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper
>Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars
>>
>>60873483
Song of the year is for best composition while record of the year is best recording/finished product. Yes, there's overlapping, but there's still a bit of a distinction. But whatever, the Grammy's are fucktarded.
>>
>>60873445

objectively the best artist on there
>>
>>60873430
lol
>>
>>60873430
>little big town
>chris stapleton
>alabama shakes
>james bay
>sam hunt
>tori kelly
Literally who? Am I out of the loop? I used to be able to naturally keep up with this shit without trying.

Do you guys remember when this shit got nominated lmao http://youtu.be/AGlDAKbmjHs
>>
>>60873430
JUST
>>
>>60873807
alabama shakes is a pretty popular blues band but i have not heard of any of those other people.
>>
CVCK
>>
>Courtney Barnett

oops, they accidentally put a good artist in there
>>
>>60873485
Adele's album came out after the deadline for this year. It'll sweep next year's Grammys desu
>>
>>60873867
it's pretty amusing how much success she's has in America considering most of her audience wouldn't understand the Australian and Melbourne specific references in her lyrics
>>
>courtney barnett

dumb americans

there are a thousand more bogan singer songwriters you can have if you just go to any local pub
>>
>>60873867
>Courtney
>good

jej
>>
>>60873893
but theyre not putting out records so.
>>
have grammys ever not been an embarrassment
>>
Diplo a lock for producer of the year.
>>
now one half of meme the jewels is having a sook on twitter
>>
>>60873430
What the fuck didn't Trainor surface like two years ago?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.