[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't enjoy hip hop/rap/trap, I tried DG, madvillan, kanye,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: aesthetically memes.png (622 KB, 518x531) Image search: [Google]
aesthetically memes.png
622 KB, 518x531
I don't enjoy hip hop/rap/trap, I tried DG, madvillan, kanye, biggie, and it just was not for me. I think it's due to the fact that they are heavily lyric and beat influenced and I need nice chords to really get into something. If i find an album and it turns out to be hip hop I will immediately discard it more often than not. To me it is an over saturated genre with too many amateurs to just randomly pick an album and hope it will be good.

who else doesn't like a genre at all and why?
>>
>>60872302
Does anyone have the whole thing of pic related?
>>
>>60872302
why would you randomly pick an album
>>
File: 6f8.jpg (21 KB, 320x600) Image search: [Google]
6f8.jpg
21 KB, 320x600
>>60872302
Music as whole is too saturated with amateurs to just randomly pick an album and hope it will be good.
>>
>>60872352
how else are you supposed to discover new music? p4k is shit, here is shit, everywhere is shit so you might as well take a shit from the wheel of fortune to get a random shit album.
>>
To each their own I guess, your taste will hopefully expand over time, drums are fucking great.
Personally I can't get into synth pop because it's cold, totally straight, and often lacks any kind of groove. It just seems uninviting to me, and I love noise and ambient so I don't know what's up with that.
>>
>>60872433
you search for artists similar to the ones you already like. Bands from the same scenes and eras then branch off into bands they inspired and that inspired them.

Also have you tried De la Soul? I'm not a huge hip hop fan but I love them.
>>
>>60872590
not tried them, the closest thing to hip hop i enjoy is Dean Blunt, but seems kind of racist because really the only reason him and hip hop are connected is because hes black
>>
I think straight up drone and noise,on their own, is just shit. However, using drone and noise instrumentation as part of a bigger picture, is fantastic.
>>
>>60872334
its a picture of josh peck holding cheese
>>
>>60872664
please don't ask for hip hop similar to a singer

just gtfo of your thread now someone can pretend to be you and name actual rappers
>>
>>60873108
>implying rap isn't the tryhard harsh noise of pop music
>>
>>60872810
no there was a thread where someone shopped a whole d&j cold open into memes
>>
>>60874139
p sure there was an imgur album
check the archive
>>
>>60872664
>but seems kind of racist because really the only reason him and hip hop are connected is because hes black

he does rap though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCz8CI__yx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbGFDTPF_Zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JUkRzCrTlQ
>>
>Death Grips
>hip hop
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.