[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
live music production
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
hey /mu/tants,
I've been producing music for a while now, my own style, I really wouldn't be able to put it into a genre.
Anyways, now I feel like bringing it to an audience some time soon and want to get a live act together.
Since working with a band is not my cup of tea (i find it difficuilt enough to do a b2b dj-set) I'd like to do live production, working with loops and sequencers much like binkbeats. however I'm not god-like and also i am kinda poorfag.
I've been thinking about getting a launchpad and just pushing squares, but that seems kinda fake to mee, just launching loops. Besides I'm behind my computer more than enough and I'd like the audience to see i'm working for them and not checking facebook. The nicer option would thus be a drumcomputer like volca and a loopstation with guitar, monotron, voice and keyboard and such. However that stuff's kinda expensive and i'm not a hero in terms of timing.
what advise can you give me /mu?

anyone else into live production / digital onemanband?
>>
>>60871888
bump because I've been wondering the exact same thing

I like making electronic music but I want to be able to push buttons and shit instead of just dragging things onto a playlist.

how do acts like Boards of Canada do live shows?
>>
>>60871888
>my own style, I really wouldn't be able to put it into a genre.
>>
>>60872258
not meant to sound pretentious but yeah, i'm not shure really, also cause there's some development among my works.
>>
>>60871888
>HOWEVER IM NOT GOD-LIKE
I ALWAYS ASSUMED YOU WERE THOUGH YOU FUCKING PLEB LINK YOUR SOUNDCLOUD RIGHT NOW
>>
>>60872341
I meant not godlike in contrast to the binkbeats guy I mentioned. I thought that was kinda obvious. but if you like to shit on my sc I might just give you a link. I'm not a fan of spamming sc-links outside the designated threads though so I'm gonna wait for your repeated request for that.
>>
>>60871888
have you seen the ableton brand pad thingy

I don't know shit about that stuff but it looks cool
>>
>>60872569
you mean push?
yeah it can do nice stuff but it's quite expensive and desu most of it can be done with a launchpad as well.
>>
I use ableton, a launchpad, and digital piano with a 0 latency midi interface. I play on the piano using different instrument and loop and mess the melodies with the launchpad, but I have to learn better because the way i do is a bit tricky
>>
I just read that there's now a normal software to load samples on the volca sample, thereby it has become an actually interesting allround groovebox. I think i'll pick up one of those.
especially since it has midi in and CV sync-out which can be used to drive all sorts of homemade arduino and 4017 based devices!
>>
>>60871888
roland sp-404?
>>
Been looking at the roland JD-Xi and it looks like a steal being a sequencer, analog/digital synth and have a vocoder built in for only $500
>>
>>60873796
no livelooping with these, you'd have to record the loops and then start them manually
>>
>>60874152
Be sure to test it first, the other JD model has a crackling sound issue.

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=50556
>>
>>60873796
interesting what people do with them, but damn dat price dude!
and i'm a sucker for Tr-style sequencing
>>
>>60874227
I've only found good reviews praising the synth but it is new and I'll be buying online it won't be for a few more months so I'll be sure to keep an eye on the reviews until then
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.