[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly this is a really underrated album on /mu/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 600x600
Honestly this is a really underrated album on /mu/.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x960
Tfw I've never listened to an oasis album
>>
YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD SO I GUESS YOU MIGHT AS WELL

Definitely Maybe is the superior album though.
>>
>>60869712
they're honestly the 2 best albums of the 90s

Siamese Dream & Dirt following close behind
>>
Oasis was fucking amazing between 1994 and 1996.

Noel wrote like 30 to 40 solidly great songs in this short time period.
He's also a really cool guy in general and his interviews are always great.

I honestly don't get the hate for Oasis. Their music makes me happy in a way that most artists can't do.
>>
>>60869686
Listen to Definitely Maybe to start with.

Put Columbia as the first track and just immediately delete Shakermaker, and you have a solid 10/10 album.
>>
>>60869798
THANK YOU. Fuck Shakermaker. Definitely knocks DM down a peg.
>>
>>60869773
Like whatever you want man!
>>
>>60869798
>rock n roll star
>not a great opener
>>
>>60869773
Even post-96 they were still pretty solid in the rest of the 90s
>>
>>60869809

Shakermaker wouldn't be nearly as bad if it wasn't so close to the front of the album.
If it was like track 8 or 9, it might be forgivable. But at track 2, it just kills the momentum so much.
>>
>>60869829
Columbia is such a no brainer opener, it still boggles my mind to this day why it wasn't picked to start things off.
>>
>>60869798
Shakermaker is pretty cool. It's a bit uninspired for the first half but the guitar solo is cool as fuck and the part that follows the guitar solo as well
>>
>>60869840
Yeah Noel seemed to like to pair the second and third singles right together at the front of the album. And also had a habit of picking poor second singles like roll with it and shakermaker
>>
>>60869773
this is probably one of the funniest things ever desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caB5RoaBvsI
>>
>>60869893

>DVD commentary highlights
I can already tell this is going to be comedy gold. Bookmarked for later.
>>
>>60869670
yeah some might say that
>>
>>60869893
That reminds me, there's this random webcam interview he gave in like 2011.

I'm not even sure if it's still on Youtube, but it's probably the single greatest interview I've ever seen a musician give.
>>
>>60869882
Roll With It is a pretty great song though.
>>
is anything after 1996 worth listening to?
>>
>>60870354
Be Here Now is good. First two tracks on Standing on the Shoulders of Giants are alright, rest is pretty bad
>>
>>60870354
not really

just bask in the absolute above god tier glory of the first two albums

the masterplan is good tho
>>
>>60870354
Dig Out Your Soul is as good as WTSMG.
>>
>>60870417
I don't get why people say this. Liam after 2000 is an objectively shit singer and brings down the quality of nearly every oasis song he sings on
>>
>>60870367
Standing on the shoulder of giants is underrated honestly

You got solid songs on there like gas panic and sunday morning call, and I think dig out your soul is solid as well
>>
>>60870354
check out the Masterplan
>>
>>60870444
Nah. Particularly on DOYS he just sounds a little grittier, which matches the tone of the album perfectly. The way he sneers out the opening lines of The Turning for example couldn't be more perfect. And he hits notes on I'm Outta Time that he never hit at any point previous in their career.
>>
>>60870519
I think at some point you have to shed your preconceived notions. You can't compare to the classic oasis era. This is not the oasis of the 90s. Guigs and bonehead aren't there. Liam's voice will never be what it was. Just try to listen to it for what it is.
>>
Sure is m8. Not a bad track apart from the inerludes
>>
>>60870354

They had sporadic moments of genius.

This for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSfatgLgqD0

And Noel's solo album isn't too shabby either.
>>
>>60869798
shakermaker is good senpai, shouldn't have been a single.

why wasn't slide away a single? unquestionably one of oasis best songs
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.