[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people call this album so bad? I enjoyed Scott's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: speedin' bullet 2 heaven.jpg (180 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
speedin' bullet 2 heaven.jpg
180 KB, 800x480
Why do people call this album so bad? I enjoyed Scott's new approach. Your thoughts?
>>
Fantano told me to hate it and I'm a mindless drone.
>>
>>60864689
I think you're fucking gay lmao
>>
>>60864705
>>60864712
:(
>>
>>60864689
>>60864705
>le epic contrarian face
>>
>>60864689
This album could be made by a 13 year old in his bedroom.
>>
>>60864729
lol fuck off gay poopfart boy
>>
Yeah I'm listening right now and it's really not bad. Don't see what all the meming is about.
>>
>>60864801
lol fuck off gay boy nigga dong lmao
>>
I like it too. Wouldn't be surprised if pitchfork gives it a decently high score and public opinion shifts from "worst album ever" to a
Generally positive. Same thing happened with barter 6 this year.
>>
Fuck off nick
>>
>>60864689
honestly the cover and name are kinda badass. ill have to check it out
>>
>>60864877
It's sort of like what Tyler did with Cherry Bomb.
Everyone expected more horrorcore, kill people shit, but got more of a jazzed out album. Cudi is supposed to be stuck with his Day 'n' Nite vibe.
>>
>>60864927
...yeah but Cherry Bomb didn't bring anything good
>>
>>60864705
This

and it's rock, I'm a retard who only can into rap music
>>
>>60865094
tru
>>
>>60864801
>>60864877
And the contrarian fags start pouring in right on time. "Its not THAT bad actually, i kinda like it
>>
>>60865218
"I don't like this so if someone else does they're just pretending"
>>
>>60865288
Haha no trust me its objectively bad with the exception of maybe 2 somewhat listenable tracks. You just like to go against the grain
>>
>>60865288
>>60865321
Yeah I'm not usually a "le objectively bad" fag but you have to have some truly shit taste to enjoy this album. This was clear before the fantano review.
>>
>>60865321
lol go back to reddit kiddo
>>
>>60865321
>>60865367
I see a lot of people saying this is objectively bad but not why they think that. Care to explain?

I don't think it's amazing, but it has a cool sound and Cudis background in hip hop adds an interesting element to the music (the vocal effects/the loud,clear, prominent drum patterns/the repetitive loops) and makes it an interesting listen in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece of avant-grade music but it's not completely worthless. I would put it on in the same context I would a band like wavves or something.
>>
>>60865514
this tbqh
>>
the only reason anybody would ever like this album is to be ironic. I think Kid Cudi is the most delusional musician of our time. MOTM 1 and 2 were pretty good, as well as AKNK, but I think fame and drugs, coupled with an apparent mental illness contribute to him being just a delusional madman who thinks everything he makes is amazing, as validated by equally delusional fans who can't get over the times they listened to him when they were 15. This album is as objectively bad as it gets. It's no wonder he canceled his tour. if it sounds that bad on the LP, it would sound abysmal live, and no one would go see him anymore. he would have to inevitably face the fact that no one is coming because his music is trash now, which he can't seem to grasp because he's delusional. Honestly, dude needs to get some serious help or he's just going to off himself in the next few years
>>
>>60865172
At least try to blend in more you autist.
>>
>>60865720
?
>>
Yeah I just grabbed this because I saw lots of seeders on kat.cr and thought Kid Cudi did hip hop shit or something because all I could remember was Day 'N' Nite but it's not at all what I expected and quite cool. It's interesting.
>>
>>60865707
I don't even like his old albums. I think the kids that were 13 when motm came out make up more of the hate it camp than the like it camp since they want another motm.

I don't get what makes this album any different from an album by waves or ween except that people that would normally never listen to this type of music are being exposed to it since it was made by cudi.
>>
>>60865707
>the only reason anybody would ever like this album is to be ironic

Implying you can like something ironically
>>
I finally decided to listen to it just to see what all the fuss was about and it's pretty shit so far IMO. Sounds like some forgotten 90s band
>>
>>60864689
Embers is a masterpiece, I'll give him that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYkhUCztNd4
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.