[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normalfags pretend to like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: MI0000283510.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0000283510.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
Why do normalfags pretend to like this?
>>
>>60863723

Radiohead is a normalfag band

>how can my internationally acclaimed massively successful unanimously critically approved band be normalfag???
>>
>>60863723
radiohead is such goddamn awful shit, deerhunter is better and more vulnerable, more prolific, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZOUREPqfeQ
>>
>>60863759

Deerhunter sucks shit mate. Each album just gets worse and worse. Microcastle was the last good one, I hope Cox dies from his shit body giving out soon.
>>
>>60863850
Halcyon Digest is their best, and Fading Frontier wasn't even that bad. Die in a fire, bitch.
>>
>>60863880

>Hacylon Digest is their best

Kek. Newfag deerhunter shitlord detected.

After Cryptograms and Weird Era Contd is when they died and became indie Pitchfork cock gobbling band #559558362
>>
>>60863850
I'm glad Billy Crogan beat him up on stage.
>>
Blue Buckets of Gold is song of the year, severely underrated
>>
here comes the indian > kid a
>>
>>60863759
theyre both p4k trash, fuck off to reddit
>>
>>60863972
Link?
>>
>>60863723
b-but i like it
>>
>>60863880
Cryptograms > Weird Era > Microcastle > Turn It Up Faggot > Monomania > Halcyon Digest > Fading Frontier
if you disagree kill yourself
>>
>>60863972
i like billy crogan
>>
The bottom line is that Kid A is not a very strange album, all things considered.
>>
>>60863972
anyone secretly want to wax billy's bald head?
>>
How desperately do you want to be a part of the cool kids club that you're saying "anyone who likes this million selling, critically acclaimed album that isn't part of my group is pretending".

If you think this is "weird" enough to be inaccessible then the normal fag here is you.
>>
I like how dumb people think that radiohead was an obscure indie band when they were literally on a major label for their first album and they became household names after their FIRST single(creep). They were one of the biggest bands of the 90s, yet kids today choose to forget these facts and pretend that they're some unknown band that only they listen to.
>>
>>60865473
this is why i'm ashamed to say that i love their music. even worst there are people that think their music is about love or teenage angs
>>
>>60865583
It's about 20s something angst and how labels and big business are dumb and we're all phoneys. Also politics and the ecosystem, in that one album.
>>
>>60865691
>muh corpuritans
kek
yes but they know how to do it
>>
>>60865755
I disagree, really. I've never been one for Yorke's ham-handed lyricism, but to each their own.
>>
>>60863759

I've seen this album posted a lot. Really disappointed. Nothing compared to Radiohead.
>>
>>60866078
You don't really understand music if you think Helicopter is disappointing
>>
>>60866155
i like deerhunter but you're retarded
>>
>>60865691

kid a isn't about politics and the ecosystem...

It's just about existential depression and god i guess, but yeah definitely not about stuff as trivial as that

sure, maybe some of the lyrics can be interpreted as broaching those topics, but those are far from the core themes.

>everything...in it's right place

>Everyone
Everyone around here
Everyone is so near
What's going on?
What's going on?

Everyone
Everyone is so near
Everyone has got the fear
It's holding on
It's holding on

and im talking about the interpretation of god as everything/nothing, not like a separate creator being thing.
>>
>yeah i listen to this really inaccessible band radiohead, you've probably never heard of them
>>
>>60866155

it's a nice song but it's simple and predictable and doesn't do anything nearly as innovative as you think. you need to listen to more music.
>>
>>60866214
No, HTT is about politics and the eco system. That's why I said "that" and not "this". And also my like of being dismissive of anything and everything, even stuff I like.
Also
>Politics and the ecosystem are trivial
>>
>>60863723
The Bends>>>>> Kid A
>>
>>60866341
ah ok. yeah HTT is the definition of regression but i guess it's good that it happened.

compared to something as crazy and big as god, they really are
>>
>>60865256
Monomania > Halcyon Digest hahahahahahaha gr8 b8 m9
>>
>>60866214
>He doesn't know the kid A lyrics are literally a nonsense made out of a of collage.
>>
>>60866488

not all of them. some of them are dadaist but even the ones that are, so what? you obviously don't understand how writing lyrics works, a lot of the time the genius poet himself doesn't know what the fuck the final products will be while writing, he's just able to consistently throw shit together that works brilliantly, much like randomly picking phrases from a hat.

and lots of art is like that. it's random. the artist is a medium, not the orchestrator/generator.

hayao miyazaki's said many times that during spirited away, they didn't know what the fuck was going on. It's just like that. So yeah them being dada poems doesn't mean anything broman.
>>
>>60866550
>N-n-n-no it's fine, they're ab-b-bout something, they're not nonsense
>They're a-b-b-bout god and existentialism, I guess, I swear
>>
>>60863759
Halycon is shit. Weird Era is better but most of Deerhunter is indie garbage
>>
>>60863723
LE SO EXPERIMENTAL THIS IS SO WEIRD MAN XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

sucking a lemon and raising a spork =)
>>
>>60863759
both are good but
>compares deerhunter to Radiohead
>I listen to indie
>>
>>60866681

many great artists have said that they don't know what the songs they write are about. you seem to think that for it to have meaning, the meaning had to be intentional or consciously constructed.
>>
>>60865273
I disagree whole heartedly.

And what a pity, I would explain why if you could at least flesh your opinion like an adult.
>>
>>60863759
This is nothing like Radiohead.
>>
>>60866167
>>60866248
both fucking wrong. its innovative, have you heard a better post rock psych track that encaspulates what it feels like to experience ego death on LSD or have your life flash before your eyes?? no, so shut the hell up bitch
>>
>>60867919
>esoteric lyrics
check
>slurring vocals
check
>art rock
check
>living room psych
check
>depressing
check
>about not being able to function in modern society
check
>>
>>60866392
How so? I really love the instrumentation of Kid A.
The Bends, while being a good album, is just your standard band set up.
>>
It's not really strange why so-called "normies" like this. It's pretty accessible, especially if you've listened to their other stuff.

Regardless of your feelings on Radiohead, whether you love them or hate them or disagree on what their best work is or whatever, nobody can really deny that this was a massive accomplishment. Blending indie music with the shift towards electronic in such an eclectic way, AND making it accessible? There's something to be said about that.
>>
>>60868005
Jesus christ can you shut the fuck up?

By these lame, vague characteristics, 2 of which could hardly apply to Kid A, you're practically describing most music existing with the "indie" brand.

Ask any of those bands and there's a good chance they'll note Radiohead as a huge influence in the first place.
>>
>>60868037
This pretty much.

I never cared for the album much, personally, but I can see how it was a first in so many ways, and how it changed music as a whole.
>>
>>60868005
Nothing on Kid A sounds as boring as that song. Not even Treefingers
>>
File: 1421780641325.png (26 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1421780641325.png
26 KB, 750x750
>>60863723
>hurr hurr radiohead so shit
>this album is experimental Dx

radiohead isn't shit
it's HARDLY weird at all

this album is in that range of music that's obviously good and has received enough attention that contrarian assholes love to hate on it. (dadrock dg etc) Don't like it? whatever. bad music? gtf
>>
>>60868152
I never understood the hate for Treefingers. It's one of the best songs on the album, it's very pretty and interesting.
>>
>>60868160
literally this
>>
File: 1344302112838.jpg (92 KB, 400x407) Image search: [Google]
1344302112838.jpg
92 KB, 400x407
>>60868005
>Radiohead
>art rock
>>
>>60863759
These are nothing alike
Both are great imo
>>
>>60868210
doesn't sound like straight rock to people because of the electronic and jazz influence so... kinda not really m8
>>
>>60868127
You dont understand Radiohead or rock, just leave, fag
>>60868152
helicopters? you have monster shit taste
>>
>>60863759
>deerhunter is better and more vulnerable, more prolific, etc

Shit like this makes me lose faith in life.
>>
>>60867895
I am in no way obligated to justify my stance
>>
>>60868376
Not him and I agree with you, but this post is basically the equivalent of "Prove me wrong. Pro-tip: You Can't".
>>
>>60868376
I don't know why this made me laugh so hard.
>>
I hate /mu/
>>
>>60868413
>>60868430
Yeah, that was kind of the intention. A "you do the work" kind of thing.
>>
>>60867969
is this satire?
>>
File: sellin'_like_hotcakes.jpg (84 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
sellin'_like_hotcakes.jpg
84 KB, 600x857
>>60868885
I mean, that's not how arguments work if you're the first to make the accusation, but whatever.
>>
Radiohead is shite and all the fans are spergs.

This thread is proof. I don't listen to Thom Yorke sucking off lemons or whatever.
>>
>>60869065
haha nice
>>
cant we just let people like what they want?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.