[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have there ever been more hit songs on a single album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Moby_play.jpg (161 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Moby_play.jpg
161 KB, 500x500
Have there ever been more hit songs on a single album?
>>
File: dark side of the moon PF.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dark side of the moon PF.png
22 KB, 300x300
bruh
>>
Look @most beatles and j biebs records
>>
god I love southside
>>
>>60862286
do they have 9 hit singles?
>>
>>60862264
Do you know the definition of a hit song?
>>
>>60862448

Do I care?
>>
literally 11 hits one played after each other
>>
>>60862506
Yea enough to make a thread abt it bich
>>
>>60862225
Thriller
>>
>>60862536

I'm not OP you tard
>>
Most DJ Khaled albums, Get Rich Or Die Tryin, maybe some One Direction or Justin Bieber projects
>>
My weakness is GOAT
>>
>>60862225
well the new Bieber album, apparently

>>60862401
yes you retard
>>
>>60862558
This is true.
>>
>>60862225
Thriller
Hysteria
Teenage Dream (gross but true)
>>
It's cause he licensed every song on the record for commercial use, so everyone's heard these a million times whether they're a Moby fan or not. Unless that'sthejoke.jpg
>>
>>60863077
OP here, I actually didn't know that

not trying to make fun of the record, I like it a lot
>>
>>60862902

albums that still shit all over this desu senpai
>>
>>60863306
It's a good record but I wouldn't classify the tracks as hit singles. More like Amex commercials and sound beds for Loveline and a lot of other talk radio stuff too. Thriller and Hysteria are actually closer to the correct answer to this.
>>
>>60863077
This is totally correct... From wikipedia "Play was the first album ever to have all of its tracks licensed for use in films, television shows, or commercials and this proved a major contributor to the album's success."

In all there were 9 songs from the 18 on the album that were released as singles. For a comparison, if you look at the Michael Jackson album "Bad" which had 10 tracks, 9 of which were released as singles, 5 of which reached number 1 on the BillboardHot 100. This was the first and one of only two albums to have 5 number 1 hits, the second being Katy Perry's 2010 album Teenage Dream. So arguably, when talking about hit songs these two albums are at the top.
>>
File: Jagged Little Pill cover.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Jagged Little Pill cover.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>60862225
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.