[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread" Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: +50 Heavy Armor.png (1 MB, 985x532) Image search: [Google]
+50 Heavy Armor.png
1 MB, 985x532
>OP with the 1st question

I have no formal training and I am pretty much completely self-taught in my usage of DAWs.

How do I use EQs, compressors, etc. to make my songs not sound like a mess?
>>
pls respond
>>
Fine, I'll go to Reddit then.
>>
wew lad, I can't even begin to tell you how long a serious answer to this question would take
have you not tried tutorials or too lazy?
>>
>>60861489
Post links.

I'll watch.
>>
vocals... you might want to use EQ to cut the deepest bass frequencies(especially if notice a boomy sounds on words that start with"p" and "b")
... use just some compression or limiting on vocals just to take out extreme volume peaks...

...you can use a bit more compression on drums if it starts to sound good!

...also use spectral analysis to find clues about frequencies that might need to get cut.
>>
>>60861659
based advice

appreciated and capped
>>
>>60861249
a 4chan post probably won't help you out much in terms of how to use EQ and compression. Little tips and advice maybe, but if you want to learn the basics of how they function I recommend you watch some tutorials that include audio and visuals.

I recommend Lynda.com tutorials. They're really well produced and you can find them on most torrent sites. Just look up videos on EQ and compression on Lynda.com, then try to find those videos on torrent sites.
>>
>>60861797
>videos on EQ and compression
or just videos on mixing in general, I should say.

http://www.lynda.com/Mixing-Mastering-training-tutorials/22-0.html

You should probably look for "mixing with (insert your DAW)" or something like that.
>>
>>60861797
>>60861849

Lynda.com

Got it.
>>
>>60861919
Sound on Sound is also an essential resource in general

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1995_articles/mar95/eq.html
https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep09/articles/compressionmadeeasy.htm
>>
File: noted.jpg (67 KB, 419x287) Image search: [Google]
noted.jpg
67 KB, 419x287
>>60861980
>>
What ever happened to neon don after maxnormal.tv why was he never on die antwoord?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.