[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>american >doing britpop pick one Why do Americans find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: bripop.jpg (172 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
bripop.jpg
172 KB, 624x420
>american
>doing britpop
pick one
Why do Americans find a need to do britpop it just can't fucking work as britpop if it is Americanized.
>>
because WOO HOO
>>
File: the_strokes.jpg (472 KB, 1953x1506) Image search: [Google]
the_strokes.jpg
472 KB, 1953x1506
>implying
>>
>>60857881
Because Americans are trying to steal part of your culture and spread their empire to you. They failed to do it with grunge, so here they are, making Americanized britpop in the hopes that your people will eat it all up. Better resist manfully, or that whole island will sink from the weight of all the morbidly obese burger fiends that your people will transform into.
>>
>>60857993
>implying we want eurofags
We're content with assimilating mexicans and syrians into our collective my friend.
>>
>>60857881
The Killers pull it off pretty well especially on their 1st two albums.
>>
>>60857993
>implying that we want britbongs

Absolutely disgusting
>>
the fuck is britpop?
Blur just sound like hundreds of other 890s indie pop groups
Oasis was basically playing "classic rock", and they sounded just as American as they did British
Elastica was literally a post-punk band in the Wire tradition
Pulp actually was a post-punk group until the britpop label existed - they'd been around since '79

Suede, the most British-sounding of any of them, were basically a Smiths cover band that decided they wanted to play Roxy Music as well
>>
>>60858256
Britpop is Britain's answer to grunge. Not Bush which was Britain's one grunge band.
>>
britpop is a meaningless buzzterm
>>
>>60857881
So what do you guys think of his solo act?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZcB9maO1-E
>>
>>60859148
sounds old
>>
>>60859148
It's pretty nice tqhf, I love his solo album.
>>
File: Eric_'slowhand'_Clapton.jpg (138 KB, 2362x1898) Image search: [Google]
Eric_'slowhand'_Clapton.jpg
138 KB, 2362x1898
>briton
>doing blues
pick one
Why do British people find a need to do blues it just can't fucking work as blues if it is Anglicized.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.