[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite album of the decade so far? This album is fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: gybenews2[1].jpg (164 KB, 573x573) Image search: [Google]
gybenews2[1].jpg
164 KB, 573x573
Favourite album of the decade so far?

This album is fucking great
f#a#8 > Allelujah = LYSF > Yanqui UXO >>> Asunder
>>
File: fionaapple.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
fionaapple.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1280
>>60856906
yours two
>>
>>60856949
I've neglected to listen to Fiona Apple for too long, I need to give that a shot

Who would you compare her songwriting to?
>>
>>60857025
hard to compare to anyone
just try this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIlLq4BqGdg
she also has really uncomfy music videos
>>
File: cover.jpg (129 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
129 KB, 1024x1024
>>
File: Destroyer-Kaputt.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer-Kaputt.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
Destroyer - Kaputt

>>60856906
Why wouldn't you like Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress? It sounds very similar to Allelujah, and the Drone parts are better IMO.
>>
>>60857115
a lot of gy!be fans aren't into asunder because it's more drone and less dramatic post-rock. allelujah is probably the least popular gy!be record for similar reasons.
i think asunder is really tight.
>>
>>60857174
i just miss the samples man
>>
File: grouper_ruins[1].jpg (219 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
grouper_ruins[1].jpg
219 KB, 658x658
Planning For Burial: Leaving and Have A Nice Life: The Unnatural World are favorites too.

semi-unpopular opinion: f#a#infinity is one of the weaker GY!BE albums.
LYSF>Yanqui U.X.O. = Asunder, Sweet>f#a#>Allelujah! - i.m.o.
>>
>>60857115
>>60857174
Maybe you're right, I just find it quite dull.

Allelujah is in my opinion quite a change in tone for Godspeed; they don't usually sound as forceful and aggressive.
This is coming from someone who doesn't like LYSF that much (too weepy for me).
I find the melodies on Allelujah to be really empowering and I find it more easy to connect with them. I can't really recall much of anything about Asunder, and I find it to be too slow (even for Godspeed lol)

I'm going to relisten to it now and give it a more attentive listen but that's how I feel for now.
>>
>>60857239
Do you like other post rock bands?
What are your favourite post rock records if so?

I love f#a#, I'd be interested to hear what you think of it or why you prefer the others
>>
File: Cover.jpg (135 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
135 KB, 500x505
best drone/postrock album from 2015
>>
>>60857332
Nah that album fucking sucks dude
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 319x319
Not even a competition.

Followed by Shaking the Habitual and MBDTF
>>
File: Kanada, godspeed!.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Kanada, godspeed!.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
>>60856906
Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada is their best work.
>>
>>60857377
I would like to share my opinion, but I don't know what album that it
>>
>>60857304
I love Talk Talk and Slint. I'm definitely a fan of GY!BE and I like f#a#, I just never got hooked on it like I did with their other albums. The first song is awesome though.
>>
>>60857437
Slowriot is great, and Moya is the best song Godspeed has done. But overall I personally feel:

LYSF>Slow Riot>F#A#>ADBA>ASOD>Yanqui

All their albums are fantastic though.
>>
>>60857531
>Moya is the best song Godspeed has done
i fuck w you anon. but i think storm is on par, the initial build up is so fucking emotive.
>>
>>60857472
its not a real album
>>
LYSF>Slow Riot=f#a#>ADBA>Yanqui>ASOD

'Allelujah lacks samples, also i don't care that much for the two drone tracks.
>>
F#A# = Slow Riot > LYSF > Yanqui = Asunder > Allelujah
>>
bump
this is a good thread
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.