[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spiderland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 1200x1200
Why was slint's spiderland so revolutionary?
>>
cause it was raw as fuck at a time when there was a ton of overproduced garbage
>>
why did Don step outside?
>>
>>60856952
Most underground albums were raw though
>>
>>60856974
yeah but this was really accessible in addition to being raw. you could just put it on and listen to it and suddenly you're hit with all this sincerity without having to put effort into sitting through it
>>
>>60856970
he needed to piss
>>
The lyrics has a sense of longing and hinted at anomie in more direct and sincere way than had really been achieved by the more boastfully "introspective" 80's acts. In this way they brought to fruition themes that the Cure, Rem and such had been hinting at.

The most forward thinking aspect was that these former hardcore punks paired their dreamy meandering with foreboding and outright violence.

td;rl - Simultaneously Cerebral, Soft, and Violent. Pre-Nirvana.
>>
>>60857087
This is true for some people but I had a hard time getting into spiderland an I'm used to listening to experimental music
>>
>>60857124
People don't listen to spiderland because of the lyrics
>>
>>60857183
I do. Mostly for lyrics and drumming.
>>
>>60857183
The lyrics are great, fight me
>>
>>60857230
I never said they weren't but I don't think that is why spiderland attracts most people ( nor were the lyrics revolutionary in any sense)
>>
>>60857126
okay I'll be even more specific
the drums are solid and keep the whole thing at a perfect pace
the guitar is simple yet hypnotic
the song structure crescendos well
and the vocals are intelligible and grab the attention really well
all this works in concert to hammer a strong feeling of melancholy into the listener
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.