[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleaford Mods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 319x319
What does /mu/ think of them? Britain's saviours and the unheard voice of the people? Or two blokes who like putting their sociopolitical views over some drums and bass?

Sample: http://youtu.be/v631Np2Ncx8
>>
I really like the simple post punk beats and the vocals are good. They're also really good live.
>>
he's a kool-keith tier rapper, but no one notices because it's so british
>>
>>60856802
posh cunts trying to be proper la's
>>
If they were in Peep Show I would think they were kind of funny but knowing that they are real and serious I think they are hilarious.
>>
>>60856951
Sums them up nicely.
>>
They remind me a lot of Mark E Smith, like if he made a solo album without The Fall
>>
File: Key Markets.jpg (96 KB, 807x807) Image search: [Google]
Key Markets.jpg
96 KB, 807x807
>>60856802
I'm lucky. I'm a brit who now lives in the US. So I get a lot of their banter. I know what Jackanory and an Off License is. Also I'm older and pretty pissed off. So they speak to me directly. I absolutely love them.

I can understand totally if you don't.

With this album I see them trying to change up their formula a little bit (Tarantula Deadly Cargo). They can't stay a one trick pony.
>>
>Fish fingers, take the batter off I can't believe you had kids fuck off

hilarious
>>
Big fan. I think they're fantastic. They don't get enough love here in the States, I don't know if it doesn't translate that well for some people, but the vocals, lyrics and beats are all on point. Certain other people I've played them for, mostly old school punk and hip hop types, get it right away.
>>
>>60857133
It's called Von Sudenfed
>>
>>60857359
What this guy said more or less, I like it but it's cool if you don't. Key Markets is totally banging though and honestly like 7/10 for me.
>>
Burgerlandian here. I like em even though I probably don't get some of the British stuff
>>
>>60857509
mate some of it is even too esoteric for bongs
>>
I can dig it as long as its tongue in cheek.

If they're serious, its cringe.
>>
IS THIS SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO GO BACK MR. WILLIAMSON
NAH I'D JUST END UP ROBBIN' THE PLACE
YOU GOT A TILL FULL OF TWENTYS LOOKING AT YA' ALL DAY
IT'S NOT LIKE I'M GONNA' BANK IT
I'VE GOT DRUGS TO TAKE
AND A MIND TO BREAK

...AND A MIND TO BREAK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEYYI1ii0AU
>>
>>60856802
they are irredeemably bad.

have an argument with someone from inner-city nottingham and the discourse will provide similar lyrical content to that of a sleaford mods song
>>
>>60857889
And I love comments like this.

You never hear someone say "Sleaford Mods? Yeah... they're ok."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.