[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna cry, it's too good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: the glow pt 2.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
the glow pt 2.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
I'm gonna cry, it's too good
>>
>>60856629
I'm loving this album what is are microphones other albums like? Also is mount erie (the band) worth diving into ???
>>
>>60857224
The rest of the discog is pretty terrible.
>>
>>60857224
Mount Eerie the album is very strong, I personally prefer it to Glow pt 2. Slow to start but around 20 mins in you see great payoff
>>
>>60857224
It Was Hot, We Stayed in the Water is similar to The Glow pt.2

All of Phils discography, including The Microphones and Mount Eerie is worth investing yourself into. He has made some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.
>>
i think thats the only good album by the microphones, but mount eerie has a vast discography full of a bunch of great stuff
>>
ITT: memes
>>
>>60857576
Not true, by the way
>>
>>60857224
mount eerie (the band) is much different

At one point I was deeply in love with all of phils stuff though, especially all his old stuff (before changing his name to mount eerie). I like his newer stuff but not as much as his old stuff.

If you liked this you will probably like "It was hot, we stayed in the water" and "mount eerie" (the album). I highly recommend listening to all of phils stuff if you like those albums, who knows, you might fall in like it as much as I did (highly unlikely). Some of his early stuff is pretty rough and his later stuff is more synthy/ambienty/droney/blackmetaly.

Its been along time since ive listened to his music, I listened to it so much and I changed a lot as a person and it has sort of lost its charm for me. I haven't even listened to his most recent album (Sauna).
>>
>>60856629
I don't know. The middle part of this album is really weak.
>>
You'll be in the air still gives me chills. And the first three tracks are some of the strongest openers ever. Classic
>>
File: bg.jpg (43 KB, 588x588) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
43 KB, 588x588
>>60857685
>>
Can someone explain what is up with the fucking drums at the end of I Want the Wind to Blow? They're clipping so bad, was that on purpose?
>>
File: Midwestern feels.jpg (207 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Midwestern feels.jpg
207 KB, 1024x683
>>60857224

>There are no other albums that capture the feel of "My Roots are Strong and Deep" or "Instrumental 2"
>>
(Something) is genuinely one of my favorite tracks in the album. The amount of emotion it displays in such a short amount of time is insane. I wish it was longer.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.