[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Is white >Likes Rage Against the Machine Is there a more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
>Is white
>Likes Rage Against the Machine
Is there a more insufferable thing?
>>
kanye west fans
>>
>>60856043
yeah RATM fans are scum I agree
>>
Than people enjoying things quietly? Sure, people who get angry at people just liking stuff.
>>
>>60856043
b-but OP, aren't half of RATM t-technically white?
>>
What? They always struck me as having a mostly white fanbase anyway. Rage Against the Machine has some good jams.
>>
>>60856108
Agreed.
>>
>>60856805
Their bassist is white, I think they are 1/4
>>
>>60856805
Jewish != white
>>
>>60856862
if OP pic is anything to go by, there's at least 3 white people in the band
>>
RATM's debut is pretty much universally respected and historically canonized

this board is so out of touch
>>
>>60856969
their debut is as terrible as everything else they've done
>>
>>60856969
well so is led zeppelin 4 and I think that's a horrible album
>>
>>60856969
>RATM's debut is pretty much universally respected and historically canonized
By a bunch of effete liberal music critics who hated the 90s economic recovery.
>>
>>60857036
Yeah, because the MIC, abuse of power and corruption are only things that elite liberals think about.
>>
>>60856043
why do people think its cool to demean white people

and why are white people the biggest culprits for doing this

>>60856108
this
>>
>>60857010
That's because it's cool to hate Led Zeppelin here. It's not pop, but it's good enough music and popular enough that you guys are threatened by it.
>>
>>60857080
>Yeah, because the MIC, abuse of power and corruption are only things that elite liberals think about.
Not every Star Trek fan is a pedo, but every pedo is a fan of Star Trek. You understand?
>>
>>60856930
literally cant stand jews that say theyre not white
>>
i only know one guy who kind of likes ratm and hes actually really cool and listens to some really good shit too.

but i know what u mean, like i know people not personally who like it and they are really fuckin stupid.
>>
>>60857125
That does literally nothing to support your point or refute mine.
>>
>>60857100
I love Led Zeppelin, buddy. that album is horrible. I was just saying that something being canonized doesn't mean shit and shouldn't influence listeners besides what they should check out. I like RATM too.
>>
>>60857159
Fuck off, Rage fan.
>>
>>60857125
pedo here, you're wrong. fuck star trek and fuck you
>>
>>60857176
I like their music but I wouldn't call them one of my favorite bands or something.
>>
>>60856969

It's true. Having a mind of your own is just not hip these days.
>>
>relates race to music in this way

The worst forced meme in music.

The irony is that the only people who are forcing this "hurr such and such artist is for white people trying to be blagg XD" are indie faggots a la pitchfork, who are overwhelmingly white people trying to prove to each other that they understand black people, and black people with complexes who want to be white hipsters. Yeah, that's a generalization, but look at any place where a mostly white music community is talking about rap and they'll throw around "white" as an insult more than anything.

The REALLY ironic thing is that rap is literally marketed towards white fans.
Black people in the US make up only like 13% of the population, and considering they are also the poorest racial demographic by far, do you really think big labels are going to be aiming at blacks? They're aiming at the average white american youth who wants to vicariously experience the trendy representation of black culture. Of course black americans also widely enjoy and listen to rap, but there just isn't a large enough fanbase or deep enough pockets in that group to rake in any significant cash.

So when you're arguing over whether Drake or Kendrick or MF Doom or whoever is for white people, you're falling into this embarrassing trap of thinking that rappers are actually any real representation of black people. If you want to accuse people of being white like it's an insult, this is the "whitest" thing you can do. Not even mentioning how the whole practice of doing this is implying that black is synonymous with cool, which is some ignorant, patronizing bullshit.

Say what you will about Immortal Techniques music, I personally don't like his music, but he has some serious insight mixed in with the corny lines:

>"They say underground fans are all the color of Talcum, who the fuck you think buy 50 and Jay albums, who the fuck you think made Snoop and Dre platinum, call up any major record label and ask 'em"
>>
>>60857092
See >>60857575
>>
>>60857575
Lol mad cracker
>>
>>60856043
Sure I got one
>People who hate people based on their skin color and the music they like
>>
>>60856805
Technically they're all at least part white.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.