[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this sine waves signifies the lack of reality. low frequencies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 5366244.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5366244.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
this sine waves signifies the lack of reality. low frequencies signifies loss of importance of the self. if you believe communism capitalism god etc or if you are living to get a new car or for the tv show you gonna watch tomorrow dont listen to this record. you cant appereciate this recording or you gonna just pretend due to its popularity.
>>
you fags managed to reduce its rym score to almost below a 3.00
fuck /mu/
>>
>>60855718

>caring about rym scores

???
>>
>>60855718
look at the tastes of recent low raters if you want to laugh
>>
>>60855972
touché
>>
>>60856048
>5* for Hospice

this is definitely the worst /mu/ meme
>>
>this sine waves signifies the lack of reality. low frequencies signifies loss of importance of the self.

proof ?
>>
File: fedora euphoria.gif (2 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
fedora euphoria.gif
2 MB, 230x172
>>60856245
ba-motherfucking-zinga
>>
>>60856245

do u believe communism capitalism god etc or if you are living to get a new car or for the tv show you gonna watch tomorrow u wont get it
>>
>>60856356
no
>>
>>60855972
Why wouldn't you? I think RYM average scores are one of the must trustworthy metrics out there, as long as there are enough ratings.
>>
>>60857911
highly rated albums top out at 115 iq satisfying music
>>
for real this is extremely tense to listen to
>>
1. It's great these three met for this joint performance, not just because you have all three Onkyo heroes packed in one record. Also because in collective improvisation they can be more focused as they control each other and are controlled by each other. In solo works, Sachiko tends to focus on high long tones, Nakamura on dance music, and Yoshihide, well... on everything else. Together, they tone down their obsessions - for better results. On that date, they are also experienced enough in how to play their instruments and make things surprisingly variable.
2. It's truly one of the most radical things in music. Modern music is radical - so this is the "modernest" music. At the very least, it gives you comforting affirmation that music is virtually inexhaustible.
3. We have "absolute music", I would call this "absolute sound". Apart from other efforts coming from Noise field, these sounds are very thin and angular. Its thinness is surprising. It's related to conform sounds as abstract triangles and squares to real objects. This is musical geometry, a basic set of shapes and forms.
4. Yet I feel like this basic set is used to tell stories, in a similar way as those Mondrian's squares and lines surpass simple space dimensioning. I honestly feel like the music is really programmatic as the titles of pieces implies. Morning is lazy, slowly evolving, unable to get up and get coherently together. Maybe hangover? There's a short snapshot of marketplace in the afternoon, and a long entry in the pubs at evening. Long sine wave on which other sounds are hung also reminds me of narrow streets in Barcelona, on both sides with pubs and coffee shops packed by people watching football and cheering. It also maybe lost person finding its way through busyness of bars. Night lays down more and more quietly, but with several wake ups - but not uncomfortable.
>>
Like when you wake up in the middle of the night and you find someone else in the kitchen unable to sleep as well. It captures the spirit of one ordinary day.
5. There are various things that can put you off here - in this order in my opinion: 1. it doesn't make any sense; 2. it may cause earache; 3. it's boring; 4. it's lacking depth or is uninteresting. I think - partially in accordance - that this is something like surface scratching. I think all those basic sounds, restrained approach and stoic philosophy matches the mundane aspect of program. It's about ordinariness, that in greater and greater intricacy we tend to overlook what always lays here as obvious, but what - when we concentrate - can be equally marvelous as anything deep. It's musical equivalent of phenomenological reduction - or better: directly one of it's most famous results: dailiness. But unlike that, this enters through our senses in the most physical way possible.
6. In fact, I don't love this music, this music loves me. (Though I love to be loved.) This isn't unfriendly record: I can't think of something else so transparent. Mark Kozelek is honest and confessional, but he's a real man, and that cannot be transparent.
>>
And there comes the nicest part: once you acknowledge this is all collective improvisation of three real people, but it still remains transparent. And then - there is only one feeling that was transparent in my life in relations to other people - feeling of being loved by someone. Even if it may be just because I have 0% fancy for doubts. (And if you consider all this babble to be a bullshit, please apply this last remark, mutatis mutandis, to the music itself.)
>>
>>60855549
people realize that this isn't the ONLY onkyo record right?
>>
>>60858885
>>60858923
>>60858959
Does anybody just like this for how it sounds? Everyone seems to have some convoluted philosophical reason to enjoy it, and it sends the message to plebs that you can't like this music unless you're as up your own ass as this.
>>
What album? I'm a little interested.
>>
>>60859027
yeah

i like it because it's about as unconfrontational and unpretentious on a purely sound level as is possible
about as close to silence as you can get while also being really intriguing
>>
what album is this?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.