[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poptimism has gone too far this time this is just garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 5673063.png (522 KB, 795x795) Image search: [Google]
5673063.png
522 KB, 795x795
poptimism has gone too far this time

this is just garbage
>>
>>60854068
well duh
>>
>>60854068
should have downloaded hilary duff's first album instead dumb FAG
>>
i still believe poptimism is an elaborate joke created specifically to trigger the shit out of /mu/
>>
>>60854068
>posts pop album and says:
>poptimism has gone too far this time
Okaykid.jpg
>>
>>60854153
wanna fight faggot
>>
File: 1390676080234.jpg (47 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1390676080234.jpg
47 KB, 403x392
>tfw you were tricked into listening to his and Purpose
>>
>>60854189
yes, YES

i'm coming for you
>>
>>60854168
it's become post-ironic, some memesters pretended to like shitty pop music and the tryhard kiddies here took it seriously and decided it was "good"

memefork/fatanto/etc are just marketing shitty albums, nothing new
>>
>>60854168
It's just people that listen to pop music out of curiosity (I do this sometimes).
Not people that are hardcore into pop music.

>>60854192
Rip in pepperoni.
>>
>>60854068
Run Away With Me is a great fucking song
>>
Assuming you're not a teenage girl, what would compel you to listen to this?
>>
Carly Rae Jepsen is a godess.
>>
i don't care what her music sounds like, i just want to rub those legs
>>
>>60854245

homosexuality
post-ironic memeism
>>
>>60854245
boredom and yes, homosexuality
>>
>>60854272
>>60854294
Oh right. I forgot I was on /mu/ for a second. Vibe on, my good chum!
>>
>>60854332
go away cis straight male scum
>>
>>60854213
nah. poptimism makes sense to a point. most people here listen to pop music, just pop with a tiny bit of wackiness as window dressing. if you love stuff like Animal Collective and Grimes, but claim to hate anything that's on the radio, you're just lying to yourself. now that pitchfork is pushing top 40 artists these people can feel free to be honest and admit that they actually like call me maybe or whatever.

but as always /mu/ takes it too far and turns it into annoying posturing. "guess what guys, I'm so eclectic that I even like Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen, isn't that wacky "
>>
>>60854349
I think you're forgetting something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeccAtqd5K8

>tfw no Carly Rae qt telling you to run away with her

Why even fucking live, /mu/?
>>
>>60854175
he's referring to the fact that many people on /mu/ enjoy the album and that, since the album sucks so much, poptimism has gone too far.

learn 2 reading comprehension ya dork
>>
>>60854068
i find it funny that only p4k poptimists care about this album. actual normies have literally only ever listened to call me maybe
>>
>>60854364
This is more or less the truth.
>>
>>60854213
>>60854364
really as soon as you abandon all artificial notions of artistic integrity, you'll find that even the mainstreamest of mainstream pop can be absolutely brilliant. People tend to be confused about what makes good art, so in order to dig only "credible" art, they filter out, for example, artists who get all the credit when the hard work is done by other people, disregarding the work of the said other people. It's not like money kills the creativity and skill of actual genius producers who have decided to sell out, instead of being cool indeh musicians for cool indeh kids.

idk about Carly Rae Jepsen, I haven't followed her stuff, but artists like Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Beyonce, Rihanna, SNSD, Justin Timberlake, and recently, yes, Justin Bieber, have some very good output
>>
>>60854364
okay i get liking grimes,jepson, churvchs and the other stuff but justin beiber aint listening to him taking it a bit far ?
>>
>>60857004
This is a really interesting point. The ego is really disapproving of things created without integrity, I suppose I'm really predisposed to dislike them. I'm gonna' give some pop records a spin and see if I can find something interesting.
>>
>>60857004
Very true, just because the person whose face is on the record is a hack doesn't mean the actual workhorse is. In fact, most workhorses became workhorses for a reason: because they're damn good at their job.
On the subject of Jackson, whilst is difficult to tell what he actually wrote after thriller he was still a fantastic vocalist regardless.
>>
I haven't been on /mu/ recently

But I bought that CD and I listened to it over and over for some reason.

Anyways, Warm Blood is an excellent, excellent track and it makes the whole album worth it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.