[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does mu think of John Denver? Ever listened to any of his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 516Iafy8QOL.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
516Iafy8QOL.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
What does mu think of John Denver? Ever listened to any of his songs? Favorite albums?

I know he's laughed at a lot (especially by music snobs like yourselves) but I'm curious if there are any other fans.
>>
That one about country roads is actually pretty great.
>>
Sunshine on my goddamn shoulders.
>>
>>60853916
my mom has a cd of him in her car.

you listen to mom music op

are you a mom?

tits or gtfo
>>
>>60854444
checked
>>
I like him
>>
>>60853916
Yeah, mom has 8-tracks from the 70s she used to play during bridge club.

He's an interesting case. The Rocky mountains never had their own s/ser, and he was definitely a regional attraction.

If you have a chance to listen to the old media, 8track or vinyl, you can hear that he benefited huge from being timed to coincide with the very finest sound recording epoch in recent history. The huge sonic scale on those records make it sound like he actually performing at the base of the mountains.

I think those super slick production values helped him to peel off some of the less hardcore country western fans, and mostly the "western" fans, who were hearing a whole different version of "western" that did not involve beer, pickups, mom, and jail. They could play it in the daylight, at the malls, and on the radio.

A talented but very lucky /mu/sician.
>>
COUNTRY ROADS
>>
John Denver is what would have happened to Gordon Lightfoot if he had stuck with Albert Grossman through the 70s.
>>
John Denver is good people.
>>
rip john denver :(
>>
>>60853916
nice guy with nice tunes
Kinda refreshing to hear from a God fearing stoner too
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.