[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi I'm having hella trouble getting into The Residents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 4e4d568f.jpg (133 KB, 648x324) Image search: [Google]
4e4d568f.jpg
133 KB, 648x324
Hi

I'm having hella trouble getting into The Residents because my favourite album by them is Tweedles. It's a really good album in terms of the actual music on there but it's the most "edgy" album about a sexual predator and that just kind of ruins it for me. So if anyone knows the residents well enough to recommend anything that sounds similar to Tweedles but doesn't have rambling monologues about hard-ons that'd be great

thanks
>>
Try God in 3 Persons.
>>
>>60852025
Isn't that just more sexcrimedoomjazz?
>>
Not Available and Commercial Album are their only albums I like, and maybe Duck Stab
>>
>>60851749
The Gingerbread Man
Demons Dance Alone
Night Of The Hunters
>>
>>60852025
thats exactly what op hated
>>
>>60852056
This with Animal Lover instead of Gingerbread Man
>>
honestly what i'm looking for is similar stuff instrumentally? like sample-based stuff but yknow, not just field recordings and throat singing and junk. Tabasco is really cool but it's essentially just Tweedles demos and I want more stuff like that I guess
>>
>>60852142
yeah good call.
i just felt that the gingerbread man followed the same style of kind of jazzy midi based composition while being less "edgy"
>>
the mole trilogy might be up your alley
>>
>>60852142
Animal Lover sounds like it could be great, I'll check that out.
>>60852169
Is Gingerbread Man the same as in that long music video they made of it? I watched that and it was cool but I'm not sure if I'd go back to it
>>
>>60852142
gingerbread man is great desu
>>
File: rez flow 1.1.jpg (3 MB, 4096x5022) Image search: [Google]
rez flow 1.1.jpg
3 MB, 4096x5022
>>
>>60852333
>implying Not Available is anything like Meet the Residents
Solid chart other than that
>>
>>60851749
>hella
I stopped reading, dumb hellaposter
>>
>>60852246
it contains the same songs, but it's much longer and expands on each song more.
>>
>>60852155
I'm not sure if you can find it anywhere online, but around the time of Tweedles they put out a compilation of unused instrumentals from that album and the few before it called "Smell My Picture". It's got some real good stuff on it, some of their bestmusic-wise post god in 3 persons.

actually this guy seems to have the whole album on his youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXbab_GP7tQ
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.