[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best female artist of the past 10 years and why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: St-Vincent.jpg (226 KB, 677x1024) Image search: [Google]
St-Vincent.jpg
226 KB, 677x1024
Who is the best female artist of the past 10 years and why is St. Vincent?
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 700x990
>>
i don't think anyone on /mu/ has fallen in popularity in such a short period of time as st. vincent
>>
>>60850901
>fallen in popularity
>at least 2 annie clark threads per day
>>
I only hate her ironically to piss off the Waifu fags
>>
>>60850940
But you actually like her irl? Fave album?
>>
>>60850931
the tone of the threads has completely changed though, it's meme hair this, dorito face that, *tips cloud hair* forecast shows shitty fucking music etc.
>>
>>60850961
Yeah she's alright

Marry me Is a good album
Actor Is good
Strange Mercy Is good
Self titled is alright
>>
File: 1433986425924.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1433986425924.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>60850842
>using a capo
>best anything
>>
>>60851005
Ok.
>>
>>60851020
And why using a capo is wrong?
>>
>>60850983
shitposting until her new album comes out
>>
>>60850842
There are 4 better female musicians. They're called Warpaint.
>>
>>60851866
i know this band, but no. weak songwriters t.b.h. they don't have great songs except 'undertow'.
>>
>>60850983
>>60850901
Because these are troll threads, not threads made by actual fans. Same as those hella fuckin epic threads about swans.
>>
>>60850842
There are none because they're all SJWs who would get onto you and humiliate you for asking them to marry you at a show, and Skeletor there is the least of them.

Seriously, there is no reason for a woman to hurt my feelings like that when all I'm trying to do is get her to fulfill her destiny with me. There's something wrong with girls these days.
>>
File: BorisWata.jpg (219 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
BorisWata.jpg
219 KB, 500x700
It's actually Wata from Boris
>>
>>60850842
Annie is the reason I picked up a Zvex Mastotron.

It's good though, a bit more synthy than a Big Muff or something.

>>60851906
They are very weak songwriters, they're basically a jam band live but no one wants to admit this because they don't endlessly solo and jam bands are uncool.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 479x720
>>60854409
>>
>>60850842
St Vincent is a decent guitarist and an alright musician but the waifufags really overrate her
>>
>Laurel Halo
>Joanna Newsom
Yes, even with her terrible fucking voice (that I'm sure some people thing is good, great for them) she has great songwriting skills.
>even fucking Grouper with her reverb overwhoring makes more worthwhile music
>>
why does this board have such shit taste in female musicians
>>
File: selfie.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
>>60854612
I'll have you know I'm much, MUCH cuter than that.
>>
>>60855210
hmmmm.....
>>
>>60854836
I don't know. St. Vincent, Grimes, and the like are alright, but they're starting to bore me. Do you know anyone interesting outside of the common /mu/fus that get smeared all over the place? I haven't managed to glean any interesting new female musicians here in at least a year.

>>60855210
Isn't this guy some kind of gay "video game scholar"? I swear I've seen that face before on Twitter; he practically LIVES there, after all.
>>
>>60854650
why do you keep commenting on st. vincent threads?

>but the waifufags really overrate her
this doesn't make sense. waifufags care about her look, not music.
>>
I started listening to Angel Olsen recently and fell in love with her voice and writing. I cry like a bitch to Windows.

Julie Doiron. I love songs like Heavy Snow and Blue.

Electrelane. Not a band anymore (from what I remember), but I fucking love No Shouts, No Calls. They also have beautiful songs like "Blue Straggler," I Only Always Think" and "I've Been Your Fan Since Yesterday."
>>
>>60854784
>Joanna Newsom
people always brag about her songwriting skills. show me an undeniable example of her songwriting.
>>
>>60856126
>why do you keep commenting on st. vincent threads?

first one ive commented on in a while desu

was responding to OPs question desu
>>
>>60850842
If you word another sentence in this mu format I will jump off a building and elbow drop you
>>
>>60856291
you said not long time ago that st. vincent fans hated you, that's why i'm asking
>>
>>60856352
I don't remember saying that

I think I said I hate St Vincent fans

70% sure that's what I actually said
>>
grouper is best
I listen to more music by women than men and Im super into female vox so I should like st vincent but her stuff just bores me
>>
>>60856392
you probably said that.
>>
>>60856393
that's strange. grouper seems more boring than st. vincent.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.