[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw music is my only escape from all the bad feelings in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1448721680321.gif (414 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1448721680321.gif
414 KB, 520x520
>tfw music is my only escape from all the bad feelings in my life but I'mt trash at making it

anyone else feel this way
>>
>>60846640
DONT GIVE UP ANON YOUR GUITAR IS THE GUITAR THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS
>>
>>60846651
Thank you for making me feel less like just hiding away and waiting for death
>>
>>60846640
YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF AND GO TO MUSIC HEAVEN
>>
It's not trash if you enjoy making it. Don't fall into the trap that the only sincere feelings are negative feelings.

Even if your music actually sucks, if you like doing it there is no reason you shouldn't keep playing. And try to be honest about what you want to improve about it and go for it.
>>
>>60846640
I do. My younger sister showed her friend the music I made and I think they're laughing at me. It was really weird shit too because I thought no one would listen to it.
>>
>>60846672
that's fucked, if she's not super young I'd be pissed
>>
>>60846968
She's 15, now I'm kinda paranoid a gaggle of teenage girls are gossiping about me being a weirdo that's shit at music.
>>
>>60846672
I dunno I'd be more worried if a couple of teenage girls were really into the music I was making desu senpai
>>
File: 1436520002504.gif (494 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
1436520002504.gif
494 KB, 245x136
>>60846651
>>
>>60847350
>>60847380
ya I think the fact that 15 year olds think your music is "weird" is good. It would be way worse if they said "hey this track is fire" or whatever they say nowadays
>>
>>60847391
>>60846659
>not knowing what TTGL is after using a OP with it's main villain
>>
>>60847657
Yeah but I used some chopped up vocal samples from girls' youtube vlogs and they probably think I'm a creeper.
>>
>>60847861
That honestly sounds pretty interesting
>>
>>60846672
>>60847861
I'd like to hear it
>>
>>60848502
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JAvksa0QsF
Actually feel kinda silly worrying about it now, I know they heard this one for sure but I don't know if they heard the ones with way more lifted from a girl just talking about her day on youtube. Actually fuck it I was worrying about nothing.
>>
>>60848931
I unironically like it. Will you make more?
>>
>>60848931
kinda liked it in a weird way
sampling vlogs from strangers who wish they were famous is a pretty lols concept
>>
>>60848931
what software did you use?
>>
>>60849099
I used to have a soundcloud but then I deleted it because I realised my sister and her friends knew it and could see the lolicore I liked. Here's another song http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZnubuxfNfj

>>60849100
Thanks, I thought it would be funny to put a "please subscribe" at the end of stuff that wasn't youtube videos.
>>
>>60849156
Garageband, mastered in audacity.
>>
>>60848931
Hey man this is really cool actually, I dig it.
>>
>>60848931
nice, i like the creative use of samples!

remember everybody that music and art in general in the end is only about self-expression! the only way you can make bad music is trying to be something you're not! if you enjoy the creative process, if it helps you to channel your feelings some way, that's all that matters, not how many strangers on the internet like it.
in the end, anything you put your heart into is bound to be found by someone who likes it.
>>
>>60849650
Uplifting pep talk but I couldn't disagree more. It's true that you shouldn't make art with an eye to fame, and that somebody somewhere is bound to like something you make, but there are plenty of ways to make really fucking awful music that's genuine (see: new Kid Cudi album), and there's also a lot of "inauthentic" music that's great (Bowie, Sex Pistols, or other people who play a "character")
>>
>>60846640
>tfw no outlet
>tfw dont even know where to begin with making music

don't worry anon, any sort of art is a nice cathartic release
>>
>>60846640
Talent is a myth op every great musician was once a teenager messing up their chords and writing shitty poetry
The difference between them and you is they practiced until they got better
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.