[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the utter pinnacle of hip-hop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 700x700
Is this the utter pinnacle of hip-hop?
>>
>what is madvillainy
>>
>what is 808s and heartbreak
>>
for South African hip-hop? without question 100% for all time yes
>>
what is?
>>
>>60846596
The Ziggurat

Most weird hiphop album I know about
>>
>>60846596
Constructus Corporation- The Ziggurat

>>60846553
>>60846521
>>60846500
Let me try to explain my reasoning
This is one of the, if not the most ambitious hip-hop albums I've ever heard. Its length, its dedication to storytelling and the album's own concept, the variety in the production... there is nothing to fault on this album.
It's weird and erratic but also poignant and heartfelt. The album is an emotional journey that I've never seen in any other release in the genre. It's truly pretty much the closest hip-hop has come to art music IMO
>>
>>60846461
no, definitely not
>>
>>60846612
>Most weird hiphop album I know about
you must not listen to a lot of hip hop
>>
>>60846695
>It's truly pretty much the closest hip-hop has come to art music IMO

Just shut the fuck up, it's always the most clueless people throwing this kind of abysmal comparisons
>>
>>60846596
pre-Die Antwoord Ninja
>>
>>60846862
It also has significant elements of turntablism and sound collage thrown in, both of which are the more experimental and "academic" traditions of experimental hip hop
The general problem I see with so much hip hop is that it's just so homogenized and unambitious; so much of it revolves around the same generic themes and sounds, and to hear an album that feels so meticulously orchestrated and full of effort is truly refreshing in the face of countless generic and superficial albums in a genre with so much potential
>>
if you like Ninja by himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29U57aSr--U
>>
>>60846777

show me please? im interested
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.