[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (7 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7 KB, 238x212
Occasional lurker and shitposter here. How many of you play instruments? There isn't a board dedicated to this, so let's see what you faggots do.

I'm a bassist, pic related, actual picture of God.
>>
Orchestral percussionist here
>>
Piano, guitar, bass, drums & I sing.

Been playing piano for about 15 years, not sure when I started the other instruments.
>>
I play guitar and keyboards amateurly. I also have a violin and accordion I play badly. I also sing pretty okay.
>>
File: 1442995685580.gif (665 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1442995685580.gif
665 KB, 500x280
I toot the skin flute
>>
>>60846411
i play every instrument ever
>>
my name's aaron ellis
i'm a producer and multi-instrumentalist
here is some of my work
https://soundcloud.com/geyserbastion/track-1
you can contact me if you need anything else
>>
>>60847419
aaron do u want to slob on my knobb?
>>
>>60847449
"No thanks"
- aaron
>>
Hi god,

why is it that only the ii minor of a major scale has a diatonic -6?

and am I right in saying this?

I was looking at it last night, I've got pages of workings
>>
>>60847552
the answering being the sixth note alteration changes according to the particular minor chord used out of the major scale , I assume

I wonder what the name is for this occurrence?
>>
what's it called when your chord's are diatonic to the melodic and natural minor, but not the rest of the composition.

the short answer is dominant function and chord substitution I suppose but it's worth contemplating
>>
isn't it interesting how the repeating m7b5 shapes of the melodic minor make soloing a lot easier

also learning the chord extensions is giving me some incredible results, really amazing sounds

as is chord inversion

I can't wait to have a look at quartal harmony
>>
I wish Joe would hurry up with his next bit of the course, I am out of rythem
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.