[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jose Gonzalez
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Jose Gonzalez.jpg (152 KB, 640x574) Image search: [Google]
Jose Gonzalez.jpg
152 KB, 640x574
yfw Jose Gonzalez has way more talent than Sufjan Stevens but you fucks keep sucking his dick 24/7. Like seriously, Gonzalez is the best male folk musician ever
>>
What makes you say that?
>>
>listening to folk
uuhh nobody cares? just get the classics and never bother again the genre has been dead for decades
>>
>>60839123
OP, i like you.

Vestiges & Claws >>> Carrie & Lowell

not sure how many other people on this site would agree with that.
>>
>>60839148
Just listen to Veneer and compare it to any album Stevens or any other guys made and you will understand. The way his music sounds so full even though the only instrument he uses is a guitar is really incredible
>>
>>60839270
Exactly! Vestiges is definitely one of the best albums of 2015 in my opinion
>>
>>60839324
They both seem to do fine the full-filling spaces with an acoustic guitar thing. I just relistened to Stevens' SHKB and the voicings are gorgeous. Maybe I'd like González songs more if his voice'd be a little higher on the mix, but maybe there's a reason for that.

Also Stevens' is a marvellous arranger. There's so much more stuff happening on any single track on Illnoise than on all of the José González stuff I've heard so far.
>>
Jose isn't cute
Why would I listen to him over sufjan?
>>
>>60839123
Why do you have to take sides ? They're both great.
>Like seriously, Gonzalez is the best male folk musician ever
This is a stupid statement, though I kind of think the same thing about Sam Beam.
>>
>>60839740
because image means nothing
>>
File: bill-callahan1.jpg (49 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
bill-callahan1.jpg
49 KB, 500x250
Never heard of this guy, where to start?

Also, I love simplistic contemporary folk, but Sufjan's talents extend so far beyond that I highly doubt this dude can compare. Stuff like Age of Adz, Illinois and All Delighted People are just crazy in their scale and scope. There's a reason everyone wants to suck his dick.

>>60839744
Sam only has 2 and half good albums, though I will say they are pretty good.

Pic related is the true greatest contemporary folk musician of this era. Either him or Robin Pecknold, but Robin's like Suf in that he tends to work somewhat outside the genre as well.
>>
>>60839936
Bill Callahan is great but even though his voice is pure gold, his vocal delivery gets boring after a while. I have the same problem with Jose Gonzalez, though his guitar work is incredible.
Sam's best work isn't even on his albums, his live arrangement are better 80% of the time. His voice and lyrics is really what get me.
>>
>>60839123
I like Gonzales but he is kinda boring/does the same thing

at Least Sufjan experiments

Jose has done some great shit tho
>>
>>60839936
my man, love this guy
got any favourites? I've always been big on knock knock
also wrt gonzalez you can start wherever he doesn't have a particularly intimidating catalogue
check out junip (him + a band) alongside his solo stuff, it's also quite good, got a fuller and more psychedelic sound to it
>>
>>60840996
Red Apple Falls is probably my favorite but I've never heard anyone else match the despair in The Doctor Came At Dawn quite like him. More recently Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle is fantastic as well. God I love Bill.
>>
File: Bonnie.jpg (136 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
Bonnie.jpg
136 KB, 540x540
Bonnie>Jason Molina>Jose Gonzo>SOOF
>>
>>60841193
Bill Callahan > Sufjan > Robin Pecknold > Mark Kozelek > Bonnie > Sam Beam >>> Justin Vernon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marcus Mumford
>>
>>60841346
Actually, flip Mark and Robin for now. Maybe with his new album he'll take the lead.
>>
File: Club Meds.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Club Meds.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
I prefer Dan Mangan to both of them
>>
>>60841393
His album with Jesu? I like JK Broadrick so it should be pretty cool
Also i heard Robin recently became active again, which is heavenly cause i need my fleet foxes fix
>>
>>60841564
Nah I was talking about Robin, I'm assuming he's coming out with a new album whether it be Fleet Foxes or under his name. Listen to that cover he posted if you haven't already. It's pretty fokkin cheeky.
>>
>>60841681
I've listened to it, jazzy as fuck. I just love Robins voice
>>
>>60841724
Personally I was more intrigued by the crescendo of dissonant noise out of fucking nowhere in the middle of a cover of a song from the 50's and then teasing us with the harmonies at the end.
>>
>>60839754
>[Audible wooshing]
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.