[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know the old joke about /mu/ hating all music, but is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: HenryR1.jpg (3 KB, 216x273) Image search: [Google]
HenryR1.jpg
3 KB, 216x273
I know the old joke about /mu/ hating all music, but is there anyone here that is actually like that, or knows somebody like that? Like, someone who is completely turned off by all these "artists" making silly sounds and singing silly words that don't even mean anything, but has to put on a facade of indifference or tolerance because music is so ubiquitous in society? How do you deal with that? How do you accommodate their entirely valid opinion and make sure they don't feel like they're not being excluded from some kind of secret club?

Rollins unrelated.
>>
i mean my mom doesn't really care about music and has never gone out of her way to listen to anything so her i suppose
>>
>>60838642
Tell us more about your mother, anon.
>>
>>60838684
i hate her she bullies me
>>
I've never met anyone who genuinely hated music as a whole. Obviously, there are many people who don't give a shit about it or aren't music fans, but the idea of hating it is very absurd to me.

The closest I've gotten to seeing people like that are music fans that agree with Sturgeon's law.
>>
>>60838592
And on a related note, how do you go about talking to other people about music, knowing that they may very well hate everything that you like, and their tolerance for you might be waning with every second that you ramble about your hobby?
>>
>>60838957
That's easy, I don't.
>>
Usually the one guy who doesn't really seem to have any genuine friends and only listens to video game music
>>
>>60838957
I do this sometimes especially when I drink but I like to talk about synths and shit most of the time people don't even know what im talking about and it will annoy most people
>>
>>60838592
more and more i've come to feel like all music is pointless. the only things that satisfy me are mathematics, tantric sex and silent contemplation
>>
>>60838957
I'll talk to people about music because I love it but I'll only really start talking if they've shown an interest. Speaking to someone who's indifferent is a waste of time for both parties.
>>
File: driving frog man.jpg (20 KB, 336x254) Image search: [Google]
driving frog man.jpg
20 KB, 336x254
>>60839041

i hope this picture of kermy satisfies you
>>
>>60839135
kek
>>
ive only met one person who genuinely disliked music. he claimed that it made him uncomfortable and that he preferred silence. i work with him and when we would drive to a different site or to get lunch i actually felt kinda guilty for listening to music in my car. it was awkward.
>>
>>60839473
as a general rule ive always got music playing in my car. actually as a general rule i listen to music at all times pretty much everywhere except for work. they wont let me listen to music at work.
>>
>>60839473
Yeah, shit, that's what I'm talking about. I mean it's like, I'd like to make it easier for you, I want to be your friend, but I have no idea how this is going to work, you know?
>>
>>60839473
for the most part i kept the music at a level that you could converse comfortably and figured that he could deal with it.
i just started talking about other things. over the years after being exposed to so many different kinds of people ive gotten pretty good at conversation, even with people that i have nothing in common with.
>>
>>60838705
Does she change your diapers and sniff your pooper cuz my mom did
>>
The smartest kid in my high school didn't like music. He was sort of a friend of mine since we knew each other from middle school. It was weird because he played the flute in the school's band. He was really into electronics.
>>
>>60838705
shove her into a locker and give her a wedgie
>>
was once in touch with a russian man who claimed he never listened to music at all and wasn't fond of it. i found out by linking him something i liked and he said he didn't like music at all, and didn't want to listen to it. i didn't understand him at first, because i love music and found it hard to believe. he was the first person i ever knew who genuinely didn't like listening to music.
>>
my brother doesn't listen to anything.
>>
>>60840824
>it was weird because he played the flute in the school's band

Sounds like his parents were abusive and forced him into shit, noice.
>>
>>60844707
If you've been in a school band you'd know that half the kids don't give two shits about music
Don't know why they do it but whatevs
>>
>>60838592
>Rollins completely related

Honestly, OP, this sounds like the attitude of musicians and artists who are actually, you know, good. Nothing's sacred, everything's kind of silly, and the catharsis you experience during your favorite music is little more than a contrived experience.
>>
>>60838592
I knew a girl once who said she hated music, but she also had Synesthesia, so that explains that.
>>
>>60845584
>I knew a girl once
liar
>>
>>60838592
/pol/tard who lived in my dorm didn't like music at all
>>
File: 1449387077366.png (78 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1449387077366.png
78 KB, 249x250
>>60845563
>you know, good
>little more
>contrived
>>
>>60846146

Did he genuinely hate music or did he just think it was "degenerate?"
>>
>>60845584
I have some synesthesia and it only enhances music for me, helps me really get lost in it if I focus on the colors that the sounds feel like.
>>
>>60845525
for dat sweet band pussy, too bad they are all beta fags
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.