[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can understand normies preferring albums like DSoTM or The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
I can understand normies preferring albums like DSoTM or The Wall but how can anyone who is actually into music think that this isn't the best Pink Floyd album? Is it just a meme?
>>
I prefer DSoTM. /mu/ overrates this album a lot, though it is great. Even if DSoTM is overrated, it is for a reason.
>>
>how can anyone who is actually into music think that this isn't the best Pink Floyd album?
It isn't, that one is Saucerful. Piper is second best, though.
>>
>>60835044
Because more than half of it is a shitty wank fest
>>
Because Meddle exists.
>>
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Barret as a genius doesn't understand music.

DSotM is a solid 7/10 album, but Piper is one of the greatest albums of all time.
>>
>>60835044
it's not a meme. Piper is an amazing amazing album
>>
>>60835257
>Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Barret as a genius doesn't understand music.
this
>>
I think the problem with Piper is that the psychedelicness of it dates it, and Syd wasn't really that much into that scene, hence why he refused to play See Emily Play live and didn't really record anything psychedelic during his solo career.
>>
>>60835044
it's musically insipid and sounds like 80% of psychedic music. Except that first track.
>>
>>60835566
>Except that first track.
and Chapter 24
>>
>>60835044
It's good but it's not Meddle or Animals.
Also I have a soft spot for The Wall for being the first album to get me thinking about music more, way back in like 5th grade.
>>
>>60835138
i like Saucerful more than Piper but they are very close... Piper might be "objectivly" better :)
>>
WYWH > PATGOD > Obscured By Clouds = The Final Cut > Animals > Saucerful > DSOTM > Ummagumma > More > Meddle > AHM > The Wall > The Endless River > The Division Bell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Momentary Lapse
>>
>>60837038
Interesting opinion, I've never seen someone value Obscured By Clouds or The Final Cut so highly. Not how I would've put it, but pretty good post nonetheless
>>
Animals>Piper>Obscured by Clouds>DSOTM>WYWH>SaucerfulAtom Heart Mother>Meddle>Final Cut>Ummagumma>The Wall>More>MLOR>Division Bell
>>
>>60837131
"Mudmen" is the hidden gem of the Pink Floyd library. one of my favorite instrumentals
>>
>>60835526
>The Madcap Laughs
>Not psychedelic
nigga plz
>>
>>60835257
>Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Barret as a genius doesn't understand music.
Oh lord. Let the meme die. Barret was a shit tier hack. Deal with it.
>But it's so much cooler to say I prefer Barret era Floyd.
Fuck off
>>
>>60837346
My nigga.
>>
>>60835487
way to agree with that huge sweeping statement, ur smart
>>
>>60837433
Nice strawman
>>
>>60837038
>The Endless River
no
>>
>>60837038
ummagumma... higher than Meddle and the Wall... damn.....
>>
>>60837455
...more memes
>>
>>60835044
Literally DUDE LSD LMAO, the album
>>
>>60835044
this is the best
>I'VE GOT A BIKE YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE
>>
>>60835138
Saucerful is worse than Piper in every imaginable way.
>>
How many people have heard PATGOD in MONO?
>>
>>60838015
It sounds nice. The off-sync drumming bothers me on Interstellar Overdrive though.
>>
>>60838015
I actually downloaded the 2007 mono remaster last night and eliminated one of the audio channels on each song because for some reason, they ran master tape through a stereo deck and one of the audio channels wasn't leveled with the other. Plus running a mono tape through a stereo deck can cause some weird phase issues between channels.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.