[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuckin 5x5 thread bitch lets rec and rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 17
File: lastfm.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
lastfm.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
fuckin 5x5 thread bitch

lets rec and rate
>>
File: collage.jpg (481 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
481 KB, 1250x1250
>>60832841
Great taste in Mountain Goats albums.
>>
File: collage (1).jpg (423 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage (1).jpg
423 KB, 1250x1250
Just noticed that nothing I listened in the last 2 days was scrobbled

>>60832841
idk
indie I guess
>>
>>60832894
ty bae. Went on a massive spree of them, have 580 listens to them in a month so i'm kinda sick of them now. Good band tho

>>60832975
White male indie shit is all I like desu baka senpai kek
>>
File: collage.jpg (426 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
426 KB, 1250x1250
my scrobbler doesn't scrobble anything anymore so that's great i guess
>>
>>60832894
+Ruins, Bosse-de-Nage
Glaciation - Sur les falaises de marbre

>>60832975
I had no issue, weird

>>60832841
d'you like dolmen music?
>>
>>60833024
>Glaciation - Sur les falaises de marbre
Thanks, it seems pretty good.
>>
>>60833024
ehh idk man I need to listen to it again. It was quite challenging for me.
>>
>>60833024
I fixed it
I'm so proud of myself
>>60833017
Try closing foobar and opening it again
>>60832997
tfw no qt indeh GF
>>
>>60833133
an album of her work entitled Piano Songs came out last year, it's less inaccessible, maybe you'd like that

>>60833253
how'd you do it you witch
>>
>>60833253
>Try closing foobar and opening it again
if it were that easy i wouldn't have this problem desu
>>
File: collage.jpg (351 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
351 KB, 1250x1250
>>60833024
Got no opinion to give dude.
>>60833017
+melt-banana and ATCQ
~zappa, iron lung
>>60832975
~Brian Eno, bowie
>>60832894
++carissa's weird
+pg99, converge, dead milkmen, leftover crack and HANL
~pixies, aquabats
>>60832841
~DJ, BMSR
>>
File: collage.php.jpg (486 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.php.jpg
486 KB, 1250x1250
>>60832841
i love sean

other life is based
>>60832975
only remembering listening to another green world
>>60833017
check out digable planets or souls of mischief
>>
>>60833296
>an album of her work entitled Piano Songs came out last year, it's less inaccessible, maybe you'd like that
yeah I think u reccd it to me. Not looked for a link to it yet. Might be on Soulseek??
>>
>>60833309
THAT'S WHY I SAID 'AGAIN'
>>60833296
hi
>>60833359
Listen to
Taking Tiger Mountain (the Eno album, not the Chinese opera)
You might like it more
>>
>>60833426
like i said, that doesn't work
>>
>>60833369
it's definitely on soulseek, I have both the album and soulseek, so...

>>60833329
not even cold ones?
>>
File: 1438424623619.jpg (476 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
1438424623619.jpg
476 KB, 1250x1250
>>60832841
+++dean, inga, jandek. is all that daniel johnston making you depressed?
recommend Slowdive - I Saw the Sun (Demos)

>>60832894
diane cluck sounds hilarious. is that an avant-rooster sound collage album?

>>60832975
++cluster, negativland
rec Saule - s/t since you seem to be interested in turntable music and ambient. one of my all-time favorites

>>60833024
++ligeti, aube, peste noire
-magma, f(x), lupe, weeb shit
recommend listening to some normie music every once in a while so Gnaw Their Tongues doesn't turn you into a serial killer

>>60833359
love Fake Train, one of my all time favorites. lots of great stuff on here. cheq John Maus - We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves
>>
File: Folder.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>60833653
-Russell, NIN, downrating things you haven't listened to

>>60833426
the chinese opera is pretty good
>>
>>60833735
Isn't it Mao propaganda
>>60833653
>rec Saule - s/t since you seem to be interested in turntable music and ambient. one of my all-time favorites
oh it seems neat but I can't find a dl
don't worry I'll find it
Listen to the Dr Atmo and Pete Namlook album I have there
>>
>>60833735
who the fuck dislikes arthur russell?

>>60833825
it's on what.cd and probably soulseek. let me know if you can't get it and i'll upload though
>>
>>60833735
yeah I'm p sure it has strong communist messages. That's what I was told anyway, I can't speak any of the chinese languages.
>>
>>60832841
-Mountain Goats, Dean Blunt, BMSR, John Srton
God I wish I had a moustache
>>60832894
-Converge, HANL, Pixies, Giles, Birthday party
+Galaxie 500
>>60833017
It's better if you stop using last.fm altogether.
-Zappa, A Tribe, Melt Banana
+Sissy Spacek, Autechre, Alva Noto
>>60833024
-----------------------------------------------------------------Magma
-------------------------------------------------------Peste
-Brubeck
>>60833329
-ATDI, Brand new, Polvo, Dinosaur Jr
>>60833359
+Bowery Electric
-Unwound, Spacemen 3, Digable Planets, Hollis, Bush
>>60833653
-Hollis, Burzum, BB, Kvelertak, NIN, Arthur Russell
+Discharge

feeling pretty sad tonight
>>
File: collage.jpg (461 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
461 KB, 1250x1250
>>60834171
>feeling pretty sad tonight
welcome to MY LIFRE
>>
>>60834171
what makes you hate magma that much tho?
like I can understand thinking Famine's a shithead but Magma ain't offensive?
>>
File: collage (47).jpg (449 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage (47).jpg
449 KB, 1250x1250
>tfw 1-3 track albums will never enter your collage
Sad feel, mates.
>>60833653
+Nine Inch Nails
~Bad Brains, Discharge
>>60833359
+Reisdents
-Ride
>>
>>60834269
by green day?
- rocks on -
>>60834304
he has no taste
>>
>>60834350
waaaaake me up
>>
File: lastfmlastmonth.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
lastfmlastmonth.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
Last month. Tried to find new stuff to listen to a lot this month so that's why there are a lot of classics on it.
>>
>>60834304
I just think Zeuhl as a genre is so un-engaging and tedious that it actually sucks the life out of music for me. Henry Cow is as far as I go when it comes to progressive rock trying to establish itself than more than pop music, after that it gets so ridiculous (and so pretentious) that I can't even be bothered to force myself to listen to an entire album of the stuff.
Magma however are like the main offenders when it comes to that stuff, they're like the GY!BE of progressive rock in that they think what they're doing is much more important and necessary than what it actually is.
>>60834350
How fucking dare you, you little shit
>>
>>60834171
>that (-) to (+) ratio
cheer up lad. don't let all that meme music get you down
>>
>>60834493
no offense but that's just completely wrong. you seem to spend too much time putting thoughts in the minds of musicians instead of just listening to music.
>>
File: 5x5.jpg (444 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
5x5.jpg
444 KB, 1250x1250
"It can't possibly be that bad," I thought. Kid Cudi may have just made the worst album I've ever heard.
>>60834171
+HNIL, Chuck Person, ~Carly, Jai Paul
>>60834269
+Unwound, Rites of Spring, Descendents, Pavement, ~Dag Nasty, -Blink-182
+Beefheart, Coltrane, Henry Cow, Davis, Mingus
>>60834451
+Cloud Nothings, Bright Eyes, NMH, Swans, DG, Portishead, Car Seat Headrest, Tortoise, Vampire Weekend, The National, ~CHVRCHES, Inga Copeland, Jeff Buckley, Ty Segall, Destroyer, -Dean Blunt, Zs
>>
>>60834628
u should listen to amanda woodward if you like gospel
>>
>>60834493
Why do you still come to these threads?
No one likes you here
Your opinions are shit, uninformed, poorly constructed and generally bad, you pretend to listen to stuff you never heard of, you make your collage somewhere else to hide the music you actually listen to, you add nothing of value to the conversation, you're an attention whore who shitposts because you think you are a funny le troll, and you are overall a terrible person
Get out, you worm
Go actually listen to music instead of pretending
How convenient for you is that you don't even have a lastfm, right?
I remember you from last year, around the same time, posting the same collage, negativing everything
You want to make people mad? Is that your idea of fun
Well laugh your ass off because I'm pissed at you, scumbag
>>
>>60834628
Chvrches album was aight. Dean Blunt is one of my favorite artists actually :^)
>>
File: collage.php.jpg (474 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.php.jpg
474 KB, 1250x1250
Creamy memey

>>60832841
1/1 + Dandelion Gum

>>60832894
1/1 + Giles Corey

>>60833024
1.5/2 + N.V.
~ Dekadens

>>60833329
1/1 + TD&GARIM

>>60833359
1/1 + Lese Majesty

>>60833653
1/1 + Kvelertak

>>60834269
1/1 + Rites of Spring

>>60834451
2/2 + ItAOtS, NotM

>>60834628
0/1 - MPP
>>
>>60834544
>no offense but that's just completely wrong
No that's completely right.
Magma comes from a long lineage of prog rock bands thinking their music carries much more significance than it actually does.
And I don't mind the ambition but when the result comes out as ridiculous (and pretty isolating when it comes to the listener), you've lost all credibility imo.

Ambition is great and a lot of artists who strive to make something different from pop music come out with some great stuff but there's a place where it needs to stop and progressive rock passed that place by a mile.

Sorry but I think Magma and their ilk are everything you shouldn't strive for in music.
>>60834677
>Why do you still come to these threads?
To pass the time but my real agenda is to annoy you specifically Acre
>you pretend to listen to stuff you never heard of
Like what??
>you make your collage somewhere else to hide the music you actually listen to
I don't have a last.fm so yeah, you can look at my spotify account to see some of the stuff I've been listening to though I guess.
You should probably delete your last.fm because all it is is a tagging tool at the end of the day and they probably look at the tags of music you listen to in the hopes of finding a way to advertise to you, directly.

Good post though, I am lmaoing hard right now.
>>
File: collage.php.jpg (388 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.php.jpg
388 KB, 1250x1250
I'll compare your charts to desserts. Recs welcome.

>>60832841
Like an array of french patisserie. Some much-loved favourites and some less familiar treats.

>>60832975
A well-made sachertorte. You can't really argue with anything here, but it's really not as complex as it thinks it is.

>>60833017
The darkest of dark chocolate. People with similar taste will be all over this, but if people aren't into it then its fans can be quite condescending.

>>60833024
Vanilla ice-cream. Not because it's boring or anything, but rather that it's both very cold and very white.

>>60833329
Milk and cookies. Yeah it's for kids, but that doesn't mean it's not delicious.

>>60833653
A novelty jelly in the shape of a skull

>>60834451
Doesn't really like desserts. Probably has a stash of chocolates he's accumulated from various birthdays and the like but can't bring himself to eat all of it. It just sits there, getting stale and less appetizing.
>>
>>60834889
>thinking their music carries much more significance than it actually does.
see: putting thoughts in the heads of musicians.
Magma is literally making music pieces to match sci-fi stories Vander thought up, probably while on drugs. I doubt he thinks he's significant to anything except the enjoyment he gets making music and following his inspirations. Also I Magma is easily one of the most accessible of all the avant-prog bands due to them being rather far from free improvisation a la henry cow, for example.

It just feels like you have a view of progressive rock as a whole, that you're somehow transposing onto the musicians themselves. which is pretty silly desu. this isn't about what you like or don't like, that's neither here nor there, it's about how you assimilate your preferences in music to some self-righteous feeling.
>>
File: collage.php(2).jpg (414 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.php(2).jpg
414 KB, 1250x1250
Not much has changed in 3 hours
>>
>>60834889
>Like what??
See above: You making assumptions about zeuhl even though you never even listened to a full Magma album
I'm 100% that that's what you do: You listen to one or two songs of an artist and write them out completely
Oh but that's not the bad part
You are such a shit stain that you HAVE PRIDE on showing off that you disliked something
I mean jesus, how can a person be so low
So low that the only way that they feel rewarded is that they tell people that what they like is bad
>they probably look at the tags of music you listen to in the hopes of finding a way to advertise to you, directly
You use Spotfy, is that really an issue to you or you're just making fun of me again?
Anyway, I'll try to ignore you from now on since I'm sure now that your opinions are based on absolutely nothing
>>
>>60835040
>see: putting thoughts in the heads of musicians.
Oh my fucking god dude, I'm not putting "thoughts into musicians heads" when I call Magma pretentious shit and i don't need to know anything about their background before I call them that.
I mean making it about sci-fi bullshit just seems like a way to circumvent the inevitable backlash they would have received if they came out and said the music they're making is totally sincere. That just sounds like a trope that a lot of these bands use as a way of marking their music as "absurd" so critics don't destroy them for thinking their music is anything more than pop music.
But anyway, I don't know the details about Magma's background and I don't need to. When I listen to Magma all I can think of is how the talent presented there could have been used to make something that's at least somewhat sincere and tries to reach the listener on a meaningful level, instead of screwing around for an entire album.

>>60835193
I don't need to listen to entire albums to understand their musical content, no one does. I have listened to three Zeuhl bands though Magma, Koenbnjafww and that other album from Tzadik records.
>You are such a shit stain that you HAVE PRIDE on showing off that you disliked something
I don't want to tell you what to do but if you have such a problem with people disliking your taste you can just not post in these threads.
>So low that the only way that they feel rewarded is that they tell people that what they like is bad
For the most part I don't care what people listen to, like I said this is just a way to pass time and I don't know why people get so offended that some guy on the internet dislikes some music but okay.
The other side of that though is that there is music I do care about, like I've made it a mission of mine to tell people who think Wild Nothing and Beach House are great to listen to Cocteau Twins and other much better dream pop artists.
>>
>>60835506
>the music they're making is totally sincere

that's the part where you're putting thoughts into musicians heads. Who are you to decide they're not sincere? (and based on no information at all, seeing as you say yourself you don't know anything about the band) because they're one of the most sincere bands I know, regardless of how relevant sincerity is to anything, especially music.

This isn't about you disliking their music, that's a matter of opinion, but you're going off making statements like calling them pretentious shit as if there's more than just your opinion at play. now why would you do that? that's what I don't get.
>>
>>60835193
>they probably look at the tags of music you listen to in the hopes of finding a way to advertise to you, directly
The point of spotify is to turn the ads off by buying it. That's their main line of income and it's what they care about, so I don't think (or particularly mind if) they're sending tagging data to advertisers.
Also more importantly Spotify actually does everything last.fm does and more plus if I really wanted to be social I'd use twitter to stay in contact with people I want to talk to about music.

Also if you'll allow me to make to talk about my own experience of last.fm, during my time using last.fm, music carried much less weight than it does for me now. I'll admit to the fact that I tried to rack up listens of artists that I didn't care about really, I mean some of it was because I was curious about music but some of it wasn't and it's probably what stopped me caring about it.
I feel like in some way assigning numbers (that are really arbitrary for the most part) to music you care about is like the complete opposite of why you should listen to music.
But that's just my experience and it's been a long time since I used last.fm so maybe it has changed.

>>60835694
>Who are you to decide they're not sincere?
Because there was no point where I was listening to them where I thought they were actually trying to reach to me on an emotional level.
look idc if you like Magma dude, I've given you my reasons why I don't like them and if you really like them you should have a time with that
At the end of the day I don't think they ever tried to make music they really cared about but hey maybe that is just lost on me and it isn't on you. I do think though that you might be listening to them for the wrong reasons and that you can do better and listen to music you might actually care about.
Sorry.
>>
This thread went a poopoo
>>
>>60836122
>I do think though that you might be listening to them for the wrong reasons and that you can do better and listen to music you might actually care about.

that's a grossly condescending statement. I don't think neither side has anything to gain from this discussion anymore, so uh, whatever. have a nice life or something.

>>60836147
things happen senpai
>>
>>60836293
Don't worry it's not just directed at you desu, more like everyone who listens to music like that.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.