[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
u guys write any songs lately?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1447483517999.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1447483517999.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
u guys write any songs lately?
>>
>>60831174
I'm in the process of writing a 20 minute one currently
Definitely much more difficult than I expected, but it's a good exercise if nothing else
>>
I haven't written a new song in 3 years. I wrote like 150 or so before that in my early 20s but now nothing comes out anymore.
>>
>>60831174
trying to write songs every day. they're all terrible

hbu op
>>
I've had two songs half-written for months. Ever since I split with my toxic ex I just haven't had words to put down. I've been too happy and comfortable to write.

>tfw no muse
>>
File: i never tune.jpg (36 KB, 494x216) Image search: [Google]
i never tune.jpg
36 KB, 494x216
i dont write music i just DO MUSIC
>>
>>60831376
>I've been too happy and comfortable to write.

This actually. Got a job and everything and things are too steady. Nothing to write about.
>>
>>60831212
>got a 25 minute one arranged in a DAW
>making good progress, 70% done
>computer crashes whenever I try to open it now

Too fucking big. Made me lose motivation for a while. Next time I'll just put it in pieces and stitch them together later.
>>
>>60831403
Yeah it's kind of rough. At least I'm in a band as well, so I can let them write.

Does anyone want to hear a song about being a yuppie/functional alcoholic?
>>
I'll write one verse, two if i'm lucky, and then convince myself it's shit and delete it :\
>>
>>60831174
I've written tons of songs but they haven't made me any money...
>>
Just dropped a new album which has 14 or so of my favourite songs I've ever written. Feeling pretty good about it. I mean, it's not going to make any money, but a guy heard it and then said I was cool. And in the end, inflating my fragile ego is as good as inflating my fragile bank account.
>>
>>60831858
link? let us inflate you some more senpai
>>
>>60831336
same, it still feels good though
>>
>>60831858
>>60831874
Yeah let us inflate you, senpai
>>
i wrote a song yesterday. i recorded demo of it and sent it to a girl and she said its good and she's probably the only person who will ever hear it lol
>>
>>60831521

Man, I wish I could find a band. I don't have any friends so finding other musicians is very hard when you don't live in a city, at least. Feeling like I have to write and record and play every single thing is a bit overwhelming, especially for very "band" oriented music, and also all the ideas coming from just one person is gonna make things sound samey after a while. But those are just my excuses...
>>
i've written a few song recently, but i haven't been able to record them. it's because i'm being a bit hard on myself and not accepting anything but a full delivery of the the song without even slight error, and i'm retarded or something and can't do a 3 minute song even with the words in front of me.
>>
>>60831174
working some bookish thing now
>>
>>60831174
>pic
STAAAAAAAAAAY TUUUUUUUNED
STAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TUUUUUUUUNED
>>
>>60831174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v1ltDuHRZQ
>>
>>60831987
If I found a decent band in Fergus Falls, I'm sure you can do it if you try. Go to local shows and buy a musician a drink or something. Also, craigslist duh.
>>
I wrote a little guitar part last night that I'll probably turn into something. Planning on finishing a little album thing in the next few months. I'm not doing anything particularly good or groundbreaking but I'm really looking forward to having this thing I can call my own. It's almost more of a therapeutic thing than an actual musical endeavor but whatever. Maybe one day I'll go to an open mic and see what people think though it'll probably be a while before my nerves can handle something like that.
>>
>>60832127
sounds a touch like someone taking a shit in the middle of a construction site. how many different samples of a broken a/c unit did you take?
>>
>>60831377
Oh it shows
>>
Wrote these lyrics recently:

This world is merely sensation alone.
Your green eyes erase the value of my body.
Deep within sentiment I find you naked and astute
keen to all the horrors I plan to subject you to.
This may well be my last invitation of sacrifice.
Empty yourself into me all those years of shame and pain all of which sexually excites me.
Enfeebled by reflection I have begun to celebrate you!
(My lust materializes within the crudity of your body.)
As I bow beneath your hermaphroditic body and I begin to desecrate you in a verbose articulation of my love's holy adulation.
Now lost in the exhilaration of our sexual transfiguration.

This moment is merely obsession alone.
Your green eyes enervate the essence of my being.
Deep within fascination I find you naked and amused
impervious to all the humiliation I bestow upon you.
This may well be my last invitation to solitude.
Your Spanish incantations further this moments incomprehension which, of course,
sexually excites me.
Emasculated by your castration now it is I who must sodomize.
However quick to bow beneath your new singular female gender the one of which I choose for you, (I am witness to your youth.) in a maternal articulation of my love's holy adulation.
Now lost in the exhilaration of our sexual transfiguration.

But this moment means more to me than anything hitherto.
This moment means love heretofore and you are beautiful.

Our embrace is an exodus far from the nature of truth.
Our identities amalgamate, the asperity of our bodies becomes subsumed in this river of flesh.
We are beautiful.
We are beautiful
Yes, you are beautiful.
>>
I'm almost done coming up with the lyrics for a second album I plan on doing
>>
>>60832167
>Go to local shows

No shows or venues here, can never find anything on craigslist. I swear everything either off the grid or only in the heavy downtown area, which is the only place the internet gives me anything for

There's an open mic thing like 40 minutes away in another town but they're all 40 year old country singers, was fun doing it there once though. Guess I'll go again.
>>
>>60831174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhRmk5oN4ew&feature=youtu.be I made this music video and released it today. me and my best friend are gonna release a full length lp in a week or so
>>
>>608322 no samples just the sound of tutu strict
>>
i wrote a christmas album
>>
>>60832270
stop trying so hard

using SAT vocab words doesn't make it good songwriting. it just muddles up whatever you're trying to get at.
>>
>>60832243
no samples just the sound of tutu strict
>>
File: 20151205220808636.jpg (173 KB, 497x464) Image search: [Google]
20151205220808636.jpg
173 KB, 497x464
Trying to lay down a backing track. I usually never get very far because I get stuck doing like 50 takes for single parts, so I'm just trying to force myself to lay down whatever so I can just fix them all later instead.

>>60832341

post it dude
>>
>>60832313
Sounds like my small town I was in. My band was the only actual rock band in town, but hey, I found em.
>>
>>60832358
This. That shit is way too dense for a song about fucking a trap.
>>
Actually I finally decided to post something of mine the other day, always been scared of the reception I'd get from friends and family, but it turned out alright. If any of you guys are lurking out there reading this, just post your shit for everyone to see. If you keep hiding it, then it might be difficult to improve!
>>
>>60832658
yeah because soundcloud and bandcamp threads work so well...
>>
File: ^1.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
^1.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>60831174
yeah
once
>>
>>60831174
Yeah I've been going at a pretty steady pace, now if only someone would listen to it.
>>
I haven't been working on anything big lately
Just little tracks
Sadly I have a huge amount of those
I feel a huge amount of loyalty to everybody that follows me on Soundcloud that I don't want to just put up some little things
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.