[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the next big fad in music gonna be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1441086995358.png (484 KB, 574x516) Image search: [Google]
1441086995358.png
484 KB, 574x516
What is the next big fad in music gonna be?
>>
post post post irony
>>
>>60831094
Ultra-minimalism
We will reach a critical mass of deconstructionism and onkyo/lowercase will become mainstream
>>
Death Grips 2.0
>>
kid cudi and nu metal
>>
File: 0mBqiHF.jpg (47 KB, 1000x688) Image search: [Google]
0mBqiHF.jpg
47 KB, 1000x688
Rock music lol
>>
File: wojak yes.jpg (232 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
wojak yes.jpg
232 KB, 633x758
music composed of mostly your mouth

like a capella but le wackier
>>
wow how did you get that picture to do that lol

personally I'm hoping it's a revival of the new age movement
>>
>>60831206
Acapella trying to do le bass line with backing track.
>>
pixelpunk
>>
drone pop and indie hardcore
>>
>>60831094
Well If memory serves Nu-metal will make a comeback. But the gimmick here will be like in 90's where turn tables where the meme instrument instead synths, or laptops will be used to create a "Third guitar" sort of instrument that will add variety or character to nu-metal revival.
>>
>>60831348
>Well If memory serves Nu-metal will make a comeback
>If memory serves
Are you a time traveler?
>>
Kiwi watermelon core
>>
SKA PUNK REVIVAL 2016
>>
>>60832101
holy shit this please god.
>>
Post ironic vaperwave revival
>>
>>60831331
>drone pop
i wish
>>
>>60831094
I think organic sounds are going to come into the futurebass thing. Like a sorta Donkey-Kong-Country Soundtrack/Dilla/Neon Indian hybrid.
>>
Grunge revival
Nu-metal revival
Vaporwave(Normalfags will find out about it for the first time very soon)
>>
>>60831206
Seriously a cappella groups can all suck a dick (>inb4 they're all gay anyways lol). They just sound so... unsatisfying! Like it's fundamental to the medium, you can't use much of the frequency spectrum or get good attacks. Just give up on the whole "Wow, what a novelty" bullcrap and start caring about what actually makes your ears happy.
Jesus christ.
>>
post cyberpunk vaporgrind, followed by other extreme metal genres also having bandcamp bands with vaporwave influence

>vaporsludge
>blackened vapor wave
>vapordeath
>vaporslam
>vaporcore

it's coming
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the next microgenres to come were something inspired by black midi + "post-internet" music like vaporwave, OPN, Holly Herndon etc. Maximalist music, with tons of samples and synth lines everywhere all the time.

>>60831124
Why not.

>>60831191
That would be surprising. Rock has been the biggest popular genre for decades but now that the source seems to have almost completely dried up, I expect it will stay dead for a while.

>>60831206
Too niche/experimental. Dolmen Music and Medúlla exist, they haven't really sparked a huge following.

>>60831331 >>60832214
Drone pop would be nice.
>>
Acperiwave

A subgenre of Vaporwave that heavily uses ASMR/trippy elements and typically deals with surreal stories, subliminal messages, and pop culture. Albums are at least 2 hours long and must be experienced with dreamy footage that goes along with the music, using Acper-O-Vision (or Occulus Rift). Aesthetics are inspired by retro, gimmicky video game consoles.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.