[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm late to the party, but did anyone here actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Deafheaven_-_Sunbather_2013.png (81 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
Deafheaven_-_Sunbather_2013.png
81 KB, 270x270
I know I'm late to the party, but did anyone here actually love this album or was it just posted all the time as a joke?
>>
>>60830746
I know i liked it a lot. As a matter of fact I like all Deafheaven releases so far.
>>
Listen to it and see if you can work it out you kek

A good portion of people like it but it still got memed on
>>
>>60830774
>>60830807
I'm just getting into them, decided to go back to Black Metal and check in on all the old "hipster" BM bands I liked, and they popped up and im totally digging it.
>>
I love that album like crazy.
>>
>>60830746
can you not see the appeal? I mean I listened to and did not care for it, but I certainly saw why someone would like it. ehh, probably bait anyway
>>
It was universally acclaimed, and was spammed because it made trve blvck mvtvl fans and "I liked it until the horrible vocals came in" fags angry
>>
>>60830850
No I love it, I realize the wording in my original post seemed like I meant I though it sucked though, not bait I assure you.

>>60830861
Eh, fuck those guys. I love fist and second wave BM myself but BM was my entry drug into music and I can appreciate it all.
>>
>>60830861
i'm not even meme-ing, I liked it I guess, but the worst part were the abrasive vocals. whats something like it with no screaming?
>>
>>60831005
I guess stuff like post rock and maybe shoe gaze?
>>
>>60830746
i love this album just for its uniqueness
>>
I am listening to Dream House right now.
>>
>>60831005
The vocals are an important part of the album, they're basically (in conjunction with the lyrics) a modern screamo streak to the blackgaze. They're buried in the mix and add more texture to the mix.

But if you must know, check out Deer twilight by Cold body Radiation, there may be screaming on one track but it's so low in the mix you can baely even tell.
>>
>>60830746
50/50
i hated new bermuda and i think they're trying too hard to take from black metal but sunbather and roads to judah are admittedly nice records.
and i think deafheaven are kind of a joke but they've written some tight songs. it's just their stage presence and their contrived blackgaze core that i really dislike.
>>
File: panopticon.jpg (42 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
panopticon.jpg
42 KB, 628x628
>>60831005
ISIS has some growly vocals but nothing as shrieky as Deafheaven
try pic related
>>
>>60830746
I like the music but when the vocals came in I turned it off
>>
>>60830746
i thought it was incredibly mediocre with some interesting concepts and the people who think it's ''unique'' simply don't know shit about blackgaze, most likely didn't even know that blackgaze was a thing

i black p4kfags and kvltfags
>>
>>60833222
in fact i didnt know blackgaze was a thing.

can you rec some?
>>
It's a good post rock album and a shit everything else album.
>>
It was only popular because it had an unconventional sleeve for a black metal album.

If this had regular black metal artwork, the hipsters and /mu/-babbies would've completely ignored it.
>>
>>60834587
And also, the band dressed like hipsters and not basement-dwelling edge-goths.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.