[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they a meme? It's to the point where I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Why are they a meme? It's to the point where I can't enjoy their music seriously anymore due to all the backlash and neckbearded 14 year old faggots on social media who post le funny MC Ride maymays. I love this band but they're treated like a joke now. What point did they go from a band a lot of people enjoyed to being a DANK MEME xD?
>>
AHAHAAAHAHAHAHGNI;awerGHKRGHKNWRGOWNOjwngrOGJNqognO;NEGOJQnego;WJNH;RJWjo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Death Grips aren't a band, they're a conceptual art piece anchored by vision and sound.
>>
>>60830562
>I love this band but they're treated like a joke now

then you don't love them and you probably don't even love music in general
>>
most of the fuckers are doing it ironically too that's what bugs me
>>
>>60830562
Brickwall; The Band
>>
>>60830562
>It's to the point where I can't enjoy their music seriously anymore due to all the backlash and neckbearded 14 year old faggots on social media who post le funny MC Ride maymays.
W E A K. You probably pay way too much attention to the neckbearded 14 year old faggots on social media.
>I love this band but they're treated like a joke now.
I love em as well. Who cares what other people think?
>What point did they go from a band a lot of people enjoyed to being a DANK MEME xD?
Again who cares? Stop paying attention to memeing faggots.
>>
>>60830562
when they started doing meme gimmicks
>>
Thank the fans. They're what made Death Grips a meme.
>>
>>60830562
no one considers them a joke except for children like you
>>
It really is a shame, I can't think of any bands who have been "tainted" nearly as much as Grips.
I'm imagining it's because it's easy for shallow listeners to latch onto the "cool crazy black guy yelling" image, and the potential for memes and catchphrases (YUH!, I SEEN FOOTAGE, GOT THE NASTY IN MY TAXI, etc etc etc) is great enough that they'll ignore the fairly secretive nature of the band themselves and use them as a fashion device without giving much thought to their music (Niggas On the Moon? That's weird, I just listen to Exmilitary, it bangs bro).
It's a shame. I can disassociate myself from a fanbase as much as anyone, but seeing them live was like stepping into a freak show and made me want to commit suicide. The fact that when I mention them to friends they'll groan and say sarcastically quoting lyrics just goes to show how much their artistry has been cast aside.
>>
>>60830600
this
>>
>>60830692
>It really is a shame, I can't think of any bands who have been "tainted" nearly as much as Grips

>NMH
>Coal Chamber
>TMR
>Kid Cudi
>>
Look guys it's a meme grips fan intervention
>>
We do it out of love, man.

We love them so much and this is how we show Stephan-senpai! :3
>>
>>60830736
B T F O
T
F
O

>>60830738
0/10 bait

At least spell peoples' names correctly.
>>
>>60830710
>>NMH
A good band with many devoted fans and a few unfortunate /mu/ fags, you wouldn't be embarrassed to tell someone you like NMH
>>Coal Chamber
It was nu metal, bound to age like milk
>>TMR
Still hailed as a classic album, people joking about it on a Latvian spearfishing forum doesn't really devalue it
>>Kid Cudi
He just went crazy, Grips continued to make good music until the end
>>
>>60830562
There was an article featuring this photo in the daily mail that called ride a random homeless guy
>>
>>60831199
no it called him a cheap mr t lookalike
>>
>>60830710
>Kid Cudi
>tainted by fans

Nah familial unit, dude went nuts and overboard with the whole "I'm an artist, look at the art I create" trope.

It saddens me too, Man on the Moon 1 and 2 were top shelf shit.
>>
File: truevulturemyman.png (423 KB, 886x305) Image search: [Google]
truevulturemyman.png
423 KB, 886x305
lol epic
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.