[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like progressive rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: sound-awake-4fcecde974bbf.jpg (264 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
sound-awake-4fcecde974bbf.jpg
264 KB, 1000x1000
Does /mu/ like progressive rock?
>>
>>60828937
God, that album is fucking awesome...
>>
File: 1449098510946.png (3 MB, 1382x1281) Image search: [Google]
1449098510946.png
3 MB, 1382x1281
Yes, but not random spork shit
>>
Now Playing:
ıllıllı [Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean (1972)] ıllıllı

Yes, I do!

>>60829018
Right Side > Left Side
>>
>>60828937

yea i listen to kid cudi
>>
>>60829018

It's weird to consider something like England a classic when it's pretty obscure. Very nice album though.

I think kansas gets a bad rap for some of their buttrock/AOR shit, but their earlier album had great exciting 10 minute prog songs here and there.
>>
>>60829018
>"pastoral"
>Kansas
>not Harmonium
That's my only issue with the chart.
>>
>>60829383
I just stuck Kansas on the chart because I was listening to it a the time

It has nothing to do with the chart [desu]
>>
>>60828937
>Does /mu/ like progressive rock?
Only stuff made after the 1990
>>
File: harmonium si on avait.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
harmonium si on avait.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>60829403
Listen to Harmonium. They're really good.
>>
Now Playing:
ıllıllı [SOPHIE - Product (2015)] ıllıllı

>>60829438
First two tracks are really great, but the others do nothing to me.
>>
I can't believe I've never heard of this band before. Have I been living under a rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HbJBQ91ZZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URM_5R-vWk
>>
I'm addicted to prog
I've restricted to just buying random shit off bandcamp because I'm desperate for more
Too bad most of it in the tag for it are all post rock instead
>>
>>60829438
I think their following album is better IMO
>>
>>60829522
Great album i think it sounds like elo with queen which is great
>>
>>60829474
En Pleine Face is so beautiful though.
>>
>>60828977
Indeed.
>ARE YOU WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>60829617
Me too actually. The Five Seasons is more recognizable though.
>>
>>60829438
If you understand French it's so much better
>>
>>60829701
the fact that it's shorter makes it inherently more digestable and easy to get into yeah
>>
>>60829662

Definitely strongly ELO, also Queen's early prog stuff if a big favourite of mine.
Apparently they were called Beatles in disguise but outside of the voice accents it doesn't really fit them.

It's just nice when I find some cool music that I can be excited listening to, as in, I haven't memorized the song note for note and section by section yet.
>>
After many months of ignoring it after being totally bored by it, I relistened to Raven and found I actually really liked it. The melodies are very strong and pretty simple, but interesting too. Nice solos at times too. Could use a bit more energy though. Would his other stuff be in the same vein? I tried some Porcupine Tree a while ago but was turned off by it.

Anyways, I figured hey, if it worked for that it might work for that other big release English Electric from a while back, but it still bored me to tears still. Every song starts out super quiet and slow and is at the same mid-range tempo. Also doesn't really feel like Genesis to me.
>>
Reminder that if you consider Tool and DT 'faux-prog' you are a moron
>>
>>60829018
Friend: U coming to work today?
Me: No
Friend: Why?
ME: LE ASS IS ON FIRE!!!! O_O
>>
Why progressive rock is chessy most of the time?
>>
>>60829948

Prog usually relies in being dramatic in scope and delivery, and also being fun for the musician, which usually doesn't translate to being very "cool".
>>
>>60829018

I'm not usually one for "wacky" but I love some.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKK8kdDVMag
>>
>>60829018
what is the fox album?
>>
>>60830361
What fox?
>>
File: Doomsday Afternoon cover.jpg (55 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
Doomsday Afternoon cover.jpg
55 KB, 500x501
>>60830361

Doomsday Afternoon by Phideaux? Was actually pretty big on /mu/ back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czY2-526Ous

Great band, pick up Number Seven, Doomsday, and Snowtorch. their Chupacabras song is great too.

New album releasing soon :^)
>>
>>60830454
>New album releasing soon
We can only hope
>>
File: phideauxinfernal.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
phideauxinfernal.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>60830476

It'll happen guys!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.