[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this, memers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
Explain this, memers.
>>
File: 1449280347350.png (102 KB, 699x574) Image search: [Google]
1449280347350.png
102 KB, 699x574
>>
>>60827336
Where can I hear it?
>>
>>60827354
this
>>
>>60827336
In 10 years this will be looked at the same way as Metal Machine Music or Philosophy of the World. An unintentional masterpiece.
>>
>>60827336
Kid Cudi's is an angsty emotional person, so he made the record.
It's too bad it's not that good.
>>
>>60827354
>>60827359
how do you guys still not know how to find stuff
>>
>>60827336
Kid Cudi is the Frank Zappa of our generation. He is not just another manufactured rap star, he is a complete artist. He is not someone that is being controlled by a record label. Cudi is singlehandedly one of the most innovative and unique rap artists of this decade.

He is a melodic genius, his beats are experimental, innovative, unique, he isn't afraid to experiment, he is constantly evolving and changing his style. Kid Cudi, from the beginning, has always pushed boundaries and has continued to make progressive music that others could only hope to imitate.

His voice is an instrument. He wants you to look beyond just the lyrics. They are there just to complement the music, they are an application of the voice as an instrument rather than a medium for verbal communication and storytelling. His voice and his sounds are something that no one else is doing. Kid Cudi obviously isn't a Kendrick/Drake type of rapper with outstanding rapping ability but he still manages to make better music than them.

His album, Speeding’ Bullet To Heaven, is an extremely introspective and personal record. It allows you to better understand the perspective and emotions of Scott Mescudi. The album has become a bridge for white youth to enjoy the art of the black inner city and empathize with the likes of Cudder and that is what is so wonderful about art. We are able to see who he really is and understand him. The introductory interview at The Fader Ford shows that he is a surprisingly soft-spoken young man and it gives you all the more reason to care about him.

There was no Cudi before Cudi. He is not emulating anyone. He has no influences. When Judgmental Cunt came out of nowhere, everyone loved it because nothing sounded like it.

He has accomplished so much at such a young age, can you imagine what his music is going to sound like in 5 years?
>>
>>60827336
space-train-to-the-cosmos-core
>>
>>60827367
except it's not intentionally made to be bad like those two are
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 638x960
Brendan Fraser/10
>>
>>60827373
i'm yr dad
>>
Beefheart Lyrics:
Pena, her litle head clinking like a barrel of red velvet balls
Full past noise
Treats filled her eyes turning them yellow like enamel-coated tacks
Soft like butter, hard not to pour
Out enjoying the sun while sitting on a turned-on waffle iron
Smoke billowing up from between her legs made me vomit beautifully
And crush a chandelier
Fall on my stomach and view her from a thousand happened facets
Liquid red salt ran over crystals
I later band-aided the area, sighed, oh well, it was worth it
Pena pleased but sore from sitting choose to stub her toe
And view the white pulps horribly large in their red pockets
"I'm tired of playing baby," she explained
And out of a blue felt box let escape one yellow butterfly the same size
Its droppings were tiny green phosphorous worms
That moved in tuck and rolls that clacked and whispered in their confinement
Three little burnt scotch taped windows several yards away
Mouths open to tongues that vibrated and lost saliva
Pena exclaimed, "that's the raspberries"

Kudi Lryics:

Oh If I crash, oh if I crash
Or if I land, no matter the case
I'm all smiles, I'm all smiles
I've traveled for miles, miles and miles
For the love in the core, love in the core
Some people bore me, so fucking boring
But I'm all smiles, I'm all smiles
No matter the case, I'll be okay
When I crash, when I crash

Oh when I crash, when I crash
I'm all smiles, I'm all smiles, I'm all smiles
Give a fuck what they say
And I'm all smiles, I'm all smiles, hmmm
>>
>>60827373
Help a brotha out
>>
>>60827354
spotify :^)
>>
How can simple feeble minds understand a complex passionate soul?
>>
>>60827378
>Frank Zappa
>complete artist
Zappa was a capitalist. He stated on multiple occasions that he was only in it for the money.
>>
Why was Mike Judge involve in this album?
>>
Kid Cudi is the Frank Zappa of our generation. He is not just another manufactured rap star, he is a complete artist. He is not someone that is being controlled by a record label. Cudi is singlehandedly one of the most innovative and unique rap artists of this decade.

He is a melodic genius, his beats are experimental, innovative, unique, he isn't afraid to experiment, he is constantly evolving and changing his style. Kid Cudi, from the beginning, has always pushed boundaries and has continued to make progressive music that others could only hope to imitate.

His voice is an instrument. He wants you to look beyond just the lyrics. They are there just to complement the music, they are an application of the voice as an instrument rather than a medium for verbal communication and storytelling. His voice and his sounds are something that no one else is doing. Kid Cudi obviously isn't a Kendrick/Drake type of rapper with outstanding rapping ability but he still manages to make better music than them.

His album, Speeding’ Bullet To Heaven, is an extremely introspective and personal record. It allows you to better understand the perspective and emotions of Scott Mescudi. The album has become a bridge for white youth to enjoy the art of the black inner city and empathize with the likes of Cudder and that is what is so wonderful about art. We are able to see who he really is and understand him. The introductory interview at The Fader Ford shows that he is a surprisingly soft-spoken young man and it gives you all the more reason to care about him.

There was no Cudi before Cudi. He is not emulating anyone. He has no influences. When Judgmental Cunt came out of nowhere, everyone loved it because nothing sounded like it.

He has accomplished so much at such a young age, can you imagine what his music is going to sound like in 5 years?
>>
>>60827514
>Zappa was a capitalist.
Opinion discarded
>>
It's meme rap, but since it isn't hip hop, reviewers can tear into it without being racist.
>>
>>60827391
>Philosophy of the World
>intentionally bad
>>
>>60827612
It was. They just made it seem like it wasn't to get people interested. The whole "dad locked them up and forced them to do this" was a myth
>>
File: 84932.jpg (94 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
84932.jpg
94 KB, 620x465
>>60827423
>mfw I'm hearing it
>mfw it isn't too terrible
>>
>>60827573
>Denies the words of Frank himself
Fuck off you filthy structuralist.
>>
it just sounds like a really mediocre version of guided by voices

its bad, but it doesnt deserve the memehate its getting
>>
>>60827514
>He stated on multiple occasions that he was only in it for the money.
like every other musicians
>>
>>60827653
>isn't too terrible
listen to more hip hop
>>
>>60827576
>It's meme rap, but since it isn't hip hop

Then why do you even call it "memerap"?
>>
>>60827673
This album isn't hip hop though. Confirms my suspsicions that everyone hating this is an earl sweatshirt /r/hhh user who's expecting man on the moon 3

this album will go down in history as a masterpiece
>>
>>60827691
okay then, listen to more rap or almost anything else with guitars in it
>>
>>60827576
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

>>60827691
Nah.

It's just misinformed retards thinking it's hip hop.
>>
Dubs decides what p4k gives it
>>
>>60827673
Why would you wish that on somebody?
>>
>>60827661
idgaf if he said he was in it for the money. He made completely original and uncompromising music over a prolific career. If a letter that Beethoven wrote was discovered saying that he "only wrote music to fuck girls" would it retroactively make his music unimportant?

Meanwhile Kid Cudi is in a position where he's making music he barely understands and is probably too mentally far gone to care if it makes money
>>
>>60827743
3.4,but retrospective 10/10 in 20 years time.
>>
File: 100_8084.jpg (1 MB, 2857x2902) Image search: [Google]
100_8084.jpg
1 MB, 2857x2902
>>60827670
>>
>>60827756
okay it's more rap than hip hop i'll admit
and
>all hip hop is bad meme
top cake
>>
>>60827777
>>
>>60827769
>making music he barely understands
Have you heard Cudi in interviews? He's a fairly sharp dude. Though his vocabulary and articulation could use some work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiZ0tLyNLU
>>
I'm just what you made god
>>
>>60827775
>Missing the parody
>>
>>60827663
you have fandingo to thank for the memehate
>>
Fantanodrones can't formulate their own opinions.
Can't blame them though, since they're mostly all impressionable teens.
>>
>>60827967
there are no fantano drones, only paranoid idiots who obsess over him and are jealous of his undeserved fame
>>
>>60827967
I'm willing to bet about 80% of /mu/ is around the age of 17 to be honest
>>
Im 2 songs into the album. It's not horrible. certainly not 0/10.
>>
>>60827946
>taking the bait
>>
>>60827549
>There was no Cudi before Cudi. He is not emulating anyone.
While I don't fully agree with most of your post I've always liked Cudi for this, there really wasn't anything that sounded like MOTM 1 or 2 because he kind of does his own thing. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of all of his works, but I always liked some of his earlier, introspective, spacey, optimistic lyrics and his comfy fun beats.
>>
its jandek for plebs
>>

>>
>>60827515
he's the only one who can do Beavis & Butt-head voices properly
>>
>>60827336
where were you when kid cudi memed the entire music industry?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.