[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the debate over? Is downloading ethic? Start ups like iTunes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: williamwonka.jpg (108 KB, 490x485) Image search: [Google]
williamwonka.jpg
108 KB, 490x485
Is the debate over? Is downloading ethic? Start ups like iTunes are rapidly losing money due to things like limewire, mediafire, blogspot, etc. Downloading is actually harmful for the development of better products if you look into it.
>>
Piracy isn't ethical what are you talking about
>>
But, I want Apple to be destroyed and never release another Iphone. Only murricans actually buy Iphones.
>>
>>60826260
>Downloading is actually harmful for the development of better products if you look into it.
Better products in what way? Smaller? Better sounding?

Everything now is just recycling the wheel.
>>
>>60826260
Only huge labels and very popular artists are suffering of this. Actually illegal downloading is a gold mine for independant artists who know how to brand themselves on a small internet circle. Anyway, iTunes is still here and won't die anytim soon, because Apple's income comes from lot more than iTunes
>>
>>60826330
talkin bout the iPhone 7... talkin about upping my iLife
>>
>>60826260
>caring about ethics in the capitalist system
>>
>>60826349
i still get all my music off of itunes including raw alternative and indie, folk, etc. there are a dedicated few of us who are trying to keep an alternative to big-PC going
>>
>>60826260
Yes, I do enjoy watching iTunes stock value plummet, and no, I never ever want to see the release of the iPhone 7, and yes, I hope the company won't have enough capital for research and development.

I hope Apple burns in hell.
>>
>>60826403
lenox and pc are worse by a dang mile tho
>>
File: musicistheft.jpg (64 KB, 490x428) Image search: [Google]
musicistheft.jpg
64 KB, 490x428
someone please explain this to me
>>
>>60826403
PCfags are always obnoxious. Never fails.
>>
File: 8outta8.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
8outta8.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>60826428
>>
File: doomguy_mug.png (42 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
doomguy_mug.png
42 KB, 488x519
>normies, the thread
>>
>>60826428
>>60826479
>Calling Windows "PC"
Stay illiterate, Mac scum.
>>
File: guyfromfamilyguy.jpg (64 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
guyfromfamilyguy.jpg
64 KB, 490x367
the point o f this thread not to debate apple vs dell pc its the ethics of music streaming offline of itunes
>>
honestly I hate when people call things "reddit" because it's become a buzzword, but this thread really is the most reddit shit I've seen on this board
>>
>>60826260

Are CDs, Cassettes, vinyls, etc 'ethical'? It's just another way of distributing music, all have problems, all have advantages.

Also that image is absolutely fucking retarded. Apple is a phone company now, the majority of their revenue is from the iPhone and the related app stores. They could literally start making a loss today on every other product and would still be in the black.
>>
Itunes is one of the worse ways of supporting an artist. Go Bandcamp instead.
>>
>Implying that if nobody bought anything from apple for 100 years they wouldn't have enough money to stay in buisiness
>>
>>60826260

iTunes is a really bad product
why should it stay on the market?

If apple needs to capitalize on the work of others by selling their music, as a tech company they just deserve to die and leave place for a better alternative. It means they can't innovate anymore and just resort on hype.

Also, why should we feel bad for a corporation? why should we have moral consideration and empathy for a soulless and amoral entity?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.