[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Streaming vs Buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 750x1016) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 750x1016
What is /mu/'s opinion on the streaming vs buying debate? Do you stream, download, or buy CDs or vinyls?

Pic semi-related
>>
yes, yes, used to, and yes
>>
I download albums to store them locally on my computer and phone, stream random songs on Spotify when I don't want to listen to a full album, buy CDs and buy vinyl.
>>
I do it all stream buy torrent download everything.
idk what to say for the future it's a bit egotistical for anyone to claim they have a solution for this mess
>>
>>60826081
yea we don't need to get all uppity by having ideas or trying to fix things
>>
who doesn't
>>
>>60826101
/mu/tants aren't going to have those ideas, neither will Thom Yorke

remember the whole Bittorrent album thing? that REALLY took off huh?

sit down, kid
>>
>>60826128
>Do you stream, download, or buy CDs or vinyls?
>who doesn't

???????
>>
File: 1443752421813.gif (360 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1443752421813.gif
360 KB, 480x480
I do all of the above.

My god Thom Yorke is as big of an idiot then his fans.
>>
I lost all my vinyl in college so now I buy cds and stream but fuck do I miss my record collection.
>>
>>60826042
I don't mind how I get my music as long as I pay for it

It's probably an autism thing but streaming music just feels kinda hollow
>>
Do you guys understand that he's not bitching about not getting paid? He's just saying that why should youtube get paid if the people creating the content don't? He's got a good point desu. Youtube should be happy they're even a thing.
>>
File: 1423691338192.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1423691338192.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Fuck Thom Yorke. Anything that isn't giving him the most money is upsetting to him, as long as music is on the internet people are going to get it for free. I don't know what he thinks is going to come out of all of this.
>>
Fuck off Thom Yorke, comparing his shitty post-rock noodlings to Michelangelo, Raphael and Vermeer..
>>
>>60826225
>Do you guys understand that he's not bitching about not getting paid?
You read the head line right?
>Thom Yorke: YouTube steals art
He's just being a pretentious douche. And yeah YouTube would've been a thing regardless of time or place but it would've been the same set up.
>>
>>60826206

I get that. When you don't invest anything in the music it feels much more ephemeral.
>>
>Retards claiming Thom Yorke is greedy

If you guys were beyond teenage years, you would know that In Rainbows was officially released digitally with a "pay what you want"-system.

He is not complaining that he is not getting more money, he rightfully thinks that Youtube doesn't deserve to be paid for artist's creations that third party "distributors" put on Youtube
>>
>>60826235
Do you not even remember the release of in rainbows when he allowed everyone to pay what they wanted for the album.
>>
>>60826042

>do you stream
No

>download
Yes

>or buy CDs or vinyls
Yes

Only time I use Youtube for music is for previewing an album/artist I want to listen to. Then I either download or buy it, whichever is the easiest.
>>
>Stream
Yes, I pay for this.

>Download
No, I pay for offline access with my streaming.

>Buy CDs
Absolutely not.

>Buy Vinyl
Only of albums I've previously streamed and really loved.

Want to support an act? Stop bemoaning the downfall of music purchases, instead go to their gig and buy their merch. Support them on patreon, by your vinyl directly from them, etc etc.

Thom Yorke is a moron, the amount of revenue generated on YouTube that goes into labels / artists pockets when in reality it's just fair use, while small video makers don't have the resources to dispute the false claims of copyright infringement is sickening.
>>
>>60827238

Disgusting
>>
>>60827238
this is the consumerist embodiment of poptimism right here
fucking disgusting
>>
I use YouTube to get a feel for an album before buying it. If I like it I buy it when I get a chance and if I don't I haven't wasted even a cent to find that out.
>>
>>60826042
Streaming is shit for the environment, I usually download music and if I like it a lot then I buy it on vinyl.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.